AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Person constantly disconnecting from my room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
So, I have a bit of an issue.

I have a room up with password that only one person have access to.
This person however keeps leaving the room/being dissconected at random.
Sometimes multiple times in a row, sometimes not for hours.

I have decent internet (90ish down, 20ish up and around 6-7 ms)
I can't see any relation between dips on my end and the persons disconnects.
The person has experienced this at two separate locations.

Any idea what the issue might be and/or how it could be fixed?

Their internet connection.

Upvote 0
global* internet connection.

Disconnected like this, means they disconnect from the chat itself.
The chat doesn't need a perfect bandwidth up or down and a perfect stream
This happens generally when the local server of CB, near the client is saturated at some times during certain days.
(from where I am, it's generally on friday evenings around 6pm CEST ^^)

So, before changing many things, maybe try other schedules to connect together.

Upvote 0
Their internet connection.
global* internet connection.

Disconnected like this, means they disconnect from the chat itself.
The chat doesn't need a perfect bandwidth up or down and a perfect stream
This happens generally when the local server of CB, near the client is saturated at some times during certain days.
(from where I am, it's generally on friday evenings around 6pm CEST ^^)

So, before changing many things, maybe try other schedules to connect together.

Yes=) That is the most likely explanation.
Also thank you for elaborating DoD!

I am not quite aware of this persons connection but it should be able to handle it.
We have done this for god knows how many hours and days now.
Still can't see a pattern.
Also, this person streams aswell and I allmost never get disconnected from there.

But it's pretty much safe to say that it's not on my end then?

Upvote 0
Still can't see a pattern.
also this schedule issue has no real very fix patterns.

Also, this person streams aswell and I allmost never get disconnected from there.

But it's pretty much safe to say that it's not on my end then?
I think so yes. this person may have the same problem in other rooms

Reactions: DogSauce
Upvote 0
Ok! Thanks again. Probably just something we'll have to deal with then=)

If it's just the chat disconnecting and not the stream, then one thing that is sometimes greatly impacted for me, is when/if I use a VPN.
Otherwise, if I am connected to my regular IP, it's usually fine - unless of course, CB is having problems. Do you know if they use a VPN? Or if they do NOT, maybe ask them to try? You can get free ones that have a limited cap per day (SetupVPN for Chrome, for example, i think it caps at 2gb per day). Or they could try another browser and see if the problem persists (try Opera, for example, and they have a free built-in VPN).. Or try to use incognito mode in whichever browser they currently use to see if they have any extensions conflicting and causing problems.

Upvote 0
If it's just the chat disconnecting and not the stream, then one thing that is sometimes greatly impacted for me, is when/if I use a VPN.
Otherwise, if I am connected to my regular IP, it's usually fine - unless of course, CB is having problems. Do you know if they use a VPN? Or if they do NOT, maybe ask them to try? You can get free ones that have a limited cap per day (SetupVPN for Chrome, for example, i think it caps at 2gb per day). Or they could try another browser and see if the problem persists (try Opera, for example, and they have a free built-in VPN).. Or try to use incognito mode in whichever browser they currently use to see if they have any extensions conflicting and causing problems.

Thanks for the input!
This person is running a public broadcast so unfortunately it don't think it's an option to mess with VPN there.
Maybe I could try to run a VPN to the same country as the person. Probably would impact my connection a bit but who knows.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input!
This person is running a public broadcast so unfortunately it don't think it's an option to mess with VPN there.
Maybe I could try to run a VPN to the same country as the person. Probably would impact my connection a bit but who knows.

Your connection has no impact on the chat server at all, there is nothing you can do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.