AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Phone app idea to bring models and members together

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you use this app?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adystan_com

Banhammered
Jan 21, 2017
www.camarads.com
Hey to all you ACF awesome people!
I'm a full stack web dev with mobile apps development experience and I came up with an idea for a phone app that would work to bring models and member together. Please tell me what you think is good and bad about it.

1. it will contain all models on big sites (mfc, cb, sm, etc) automatically
2. members will be able to follow their favorite models and be notified when they are online and offline
3. models will be able to take charge of their profile and post texts + pics (like twitter)
4. models will be able to assign communication packages to their members: Example: you sell a package of 20 messages to a member for 100tk. When you exchange 20 messages he can no longer chat with you until he purchases another package.
5. same thing with time packages - example: you sell a 1 month talk package for 100tk. when he purchases it, one month later he has to purchase again.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks a bunch

Reactions: angieivy
Not trying to shit on your parade, but there's already platforms in place for some of these things.

1. Automatically? No, I don't think it would be automatic. This kind of profile, pic, setup would require sign up. Not only for bandwidth purposes (because how many thousands of generic model profiles are you willing to store that aren't going to be used), but for privacy concerns as well.

2. Members can already get email notifications from the site themselves and with the appropriate mail app, can get notifications to their phone.

3. This should be an inherent feature and not one you spotlight as a bonus.

4. Again, models who want the off-site contact have plenty of options to do so. Viber, whatsapp, skype, kik, snapchat to name several that they already market either monthly/lifetime basis.

5. So it is message based packages or monthly based packages? What if we're both having a good conversation and I run out of messages or if I don't use all of my messages, they don't carry over?

Just a few things to think about. Not trying to beat your idea into the ground, only give some constructive feedback.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Not trying to shit on your parade, but there's already platforms in place for some of these things.

1. Automatically? No, I don't think it would be automatic. This kind of profile, pic, setup would require sign up. Not only for bandwidth purposes (because how many thousands of generic model profiles are you willing to store that aren't going to be used) but for privacy concerns as well.

2. Members can already get email notifications from the site themselves and with the appropriate mail app, can get notifications to their phone.

3. This should be an inherent feature and not one you spotlight as a bonus.

4. Again, models who want the off-site contact have plenty of options to do so. Viber, whatsapp, skype, kik, snapchat to name several that they already market either monthly/lifetime basis.

5. So it is message based packages or monthly based packages? What if we're both having a good conversation and I run out of messages or if I don't use all of my messages, they don't carry over?

Just a few things to think about. Not trying to beat your idea into the ground, only give some constructive feedback.

Thank you kindly for your feedback and I appreciate the time you took to consider each of the features.
I would, however, like to add some clarifications to your concerns.

1. it can be automatic because parsing the followed models profiles only every minute or so is not hard (remember I am a seasoned web dev). It is true that there will be a pretty big database, but all I need is the link to her room to see if the model is online, not copy the contents of the room to the app. Members will be notified if the model is online (that is all)
2. As of the reason a member would like a notification - yes - some sites send email notifications and there are only a few of those, BUT, big white but :), emails arrive sometimes 2 hours later due to the high number of emails to be sent at once. By the time you're notified via email the model is already offline.
3. some models might not be interested in taking charge of their profile. the advantage here is that members are already notified by the app that they are online. they should take charge of their profile only if they want to use chat and messaging features
4.This is an important feature because the moment you give someone your phone number or skype they have quite a lot of access to your personal data and models don't trust the members they get in contact the first time they meet them. that takes time and those apps expose them unnecessarily.
There is another advantage to giving a member a monthly or per-message package... he has to buy again and again. If you give someone you skype or kick or viber or whatstapp he has it forever and you can't really stop him from bugging the hell out of you.
5. if their conversation is ok, the model has an option to add another package for free to that member or just give him lifetime chat privileges.

You are considering this app from the perspective of the member. I thank you for your time but please consider it from the perspective of the model and get back to me.

Since you can't distribute an app like this through the standard app shops, I doubt that it will gain much traction, and without wide distribution, it just won't be worth the space on my phone.

Since you can't distribute an app like this through the standard app shops, I doubt that it will gain much traction, and without wide distribution, it just won't be worth the space on my phone.

Servin, you pick the model and her site. The app finds her and follows them. Same with twitter and that is out there. ;)
Thankyou for your reply

I hope this doesn't come across as cold or trying to be negative but there are some serious things to consider.

Most paying members likely have their favorite models on snapchat or Twitter. On snapchat, models usually dm people to let them know they'll be online.

Mfc auto tweets when you've started broadcasting (if you WANT to, models can still opt out. Which it doesn't sound like your app is going to do).

There is just already so many social media apps/platforms and other ways for models to contact members off site to let them know when they'll be online. I'm sure you could make an excellent, functional website, but I'm not sure if there is a dire need.

In order for you to make this appealing to models, you would want to have a high payout rate, cover charge backs, options for models outside the US, and a lot of traffic. Geoblocking is nice. High security measures are crucial, especially since you would have to store personal info about models and members.

Members are also already on at least one site (usually the one the model cams from/sells clips). In order to make them move to your site, there would have to be incentive. Why pay for messaging on your site, when he can tip her on mfc (for example) and possibly get other deals with it, or help her out if she's going for rank.

I don't see much value.

There are already directory sites. They don't require any special app.

There are also landing sites to direct traffic to specific cam sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.