AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Physical vs digital merch...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie_Lavender

Cam Model
Jun 19, 2018
United States
Twitter Username
@natslavenderxo
Chaturbate Username
Natalie_Lavender
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/138701/nats-xxx-naughtiness
Have any of my fellow models had any luck selling physical merch? Like mousepads, physical prints, mugs, calendars, etc. Or has it just made more sense to keep everything digital?
I’m setting up a boudoir session & will be discussing other items with the photographer in addition to the digital prints. I suppose I could always ask her about a “produce on demand” option, while having the purchase option available in my room. At least then I wouldn’t have a bunch of merch lying around if it doesn’t get sold.
I know the sale of items like this can differ between models, but would love to hear feedback or input from your experience. There was an older thread regarding this but replies have been disabled, so figured I’d start a new one. (I’ll also be asking my room for their opinion/desires on merchandise)

I have a @JoleneBrody mousepad that I won in a raffle in... 2011? I still use it. I also have a pen, a keychain, and some pins floating around somewhere.

Merch and merch raffles seemed to be pretty popular in, I wanna say, 2010-2012. I haven't seen them as much recently, now it's more baked goods, instax/Polaroid pics, and the occasional worn panties.

I have a @JoleneBrody mousepad that I won in a raffle in... 2011? I still use it. I also have a pen, a keychain, and some pins floating around somewhere.

Merch and merch raffles seemed to be pretty popular in, I wanna say, 2010-2012. I haven't seen them as much recently, now it's more baked goods, instax/Polaroid pics, and the occasional worn panties.
I think I read your post about the mousepad in the closed thread I found. Which is why I was considering a mousepad. Lol. Only problem is that a lot of my followers are not single, so unless their SO knows they are in my room, probably unlikely they’d want “evidence” lying around. I was really excited about the possibility of doing a calendar, but not until my following is higher obviously, to make it worth the time & effort. Baked goods?? Really?! I bake & some users have asked for my cookies, but I thought it was just talk. I didn’t realize there could be revenue in that. I’ve read mixed feelings about panties, although I get plenty of requests, so I haven’t considered it seriously yet.

I’ve been selling merch for along time and it’s really not worth it, imo. It rarely sells but if you do decide to, use vistaprint. You can drop ship directly and it includes no receipts or personal info in the box.

I’ve been selling merch for along time and it’s really not worth it, imo. It rarely sells but if you do decide to, use vistaprint. You can drop ship directly and it includes no receipts or personal info in the box.
Thank you!! That’s great info! And Vista has had no issues with printing the content of your images? I’m especially excited about the shipping part. That’s so important! Sounds like not mass producing anything but having raffles for special items once in a while is going to be the way to go.

Physical merch is best for trade shows, when the communication is more B2B oriented if you ask me.
In addition, a part of the advantage of digital content is not having to spend energy and resources on logistics, packing, shipping, fulfillment etc. Just my two cents after years of assisting sellers on mainstream market places.

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
Well I’m not really popular enough to be having YummyBrownFox merchandise, but I guess if I was gonna do that, ManyVids would be a great site for that.

Years ago when I was on MFC very often, and actually had a decent cam score (instead of 300-something, which is what it is now), I did have some raffles prizes and highest tipper of the day prizes, such as a photo pen from Ritz Camera, a photo keychain, I think maybe a photo magnet, Skype time, a phone call from me, a wake-up phone call at whatever time you wish, a custom video, custom pics, etc. But even then, it seemed like the people participating in my raffles were pretty much regulars who probably would’ve tipped me anyway.

These days, I can’t really see myself making a special trip via bus/walking to BUY items (like those photo pens or photo keychains) just to hope someone will purchase or win them. That’s time I could’ve spent camming on Streamate, and earning some daily pay money. If it’s not something I can get from Dollar Tree, I’d hate to waste money. Lol.

My current printer is all fucked up anyway (There are people on Craigslist who buy broken printers and stuff, right?), and I’m not about to print out adult photos of myself at the public library. So...the printed photo items (photo keychain, etc.) won’t be happening, and I’d be better off just offering other things like a custom or premade picture set, a custom or premade video, a special shout-out of your name on my dry erase board/bedroom wall/Twitter/whatever, KIK time, Discord time (Guess I should check that out since models are replacing Skype with Discord), maybe let him choose what time I get on cam the next day, etc.

Thank you!! That’s great info! And Vista has had no issues with printing the content of your images? I’m especially excited about the shipping part. That’s so important! Sounds like not mass producing anything but having raffles for special items once in a while is going to be the way to go.
Yes! Raffles here and there are the best way imo. I offer things for sale but it’s just so rare anyone buys it that way. Things like digital goods (pic sets, private snaps, videos) will always be more worth the time to create. They cost little to nothing to create and are more appealing the the bulk of members.

Yes! Raffles here and there are the best way imo. I offer things for sale but it’s just so rare anyone buys it that way. Things like digital goods (pic sets, private snaps, videos) will always be more worth the time to create. They cost little to nothing to create and are more appealing the the bulk of members.
Also with digital goods there are no worries about shipping fees eating up the margin.

I also think digital is generally worth more return for time invested. But I understand the desire some would have for something more personal or tangible. If someone was creative, artistic or had technical skills or had a friend with some of those talents you could combine the two. I had a few thoughts that I never followed far. Maybe things like narrating a sexy story with pictures of you, maybe a set of ringtones in your voice (SFW and NSFW versions?), an animated fantasy comic of you. If you had some stock things along this line you could offer or raffle customized versions of a similar style for a little more. I like the idea of a wake up call too. Personal and easy. The less shipping is involved I would think the better. If you do want to offer the physical items I would think on request would be best. A little more expensive and customized to the client to make it worth the time for both of you. Maybe list a few physical things you would be willing to customize and ship on request. Want to bake me a birthday cake :)

Physical goods work better as prizes than as direct sales, in my experience.

Also, the stuff I've given out has my "Cootie" creature on it, not my naked image, so it really helps with people being able to use it without people judging them. :)

Also, the stuff I've given out has my "Cootie" creature on it, not my naked image, so it really helps with people being able to use it without people judging them. :)
I love the idea of merch with a brand image, although I think I’m a ways out from developing a “brand” logo or even needing one. But at least something to consider now.

I literally *just* realized the link between Cutie and Cootie......I’ve been here for so many years and never put those two together....how do I facepalm my own post?! :haha:

I literally *just* realized the link between Cutie and Cootie......I’ve been here for so many years and never put those two together....how do I facepalm my own post?! :haha:

Wow, I hadn’t realized it either until reading this post. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.