AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Piracy Disrupter bot on Chaturbate - Beta Testers Wanted

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2017
I'm interested in camming, but am concerned about the websites that automatically record your content without your permission. There are bots on Chaturbate that block hide your cam from anonymous viewers, but in doing so they remove your cam from the homepage.

I found an bot on chaturabte that works a bit differently, and worked with the developer to make some improvements. The bot works by hiding your cam from anonymous users for a small portion of time at regular intervals, lets say for 5 seconds out of ever 35 seconds. Many pirate sites discard clips shorter than a minute (rec-tube for instance only has clips longer that 2:30 minutes if your sort by duration). This bot keeps you on the homepage most of the time (30 out of 35 seconds).

Unfortunatly, by blocking anonymous users for bits of time, it might cause them to leave lowering your view count. It also might block people who don't use flash, but it's still unclear.

I am posting this, because the bot still needs to be tested. I haven't been able to get enough users to tell if it works, since pirates tend to target high user cams. If you have had your cam targeted by sites like chaturbateamales try it out for a few days, to see if it prevents them from doing their thing, and let met know if it works.

remember no matter how hard you try to scrub, the internet will always be forever!

but neat tool. hope you get positive results.

I'm interested in camming, but am concerned about the websites that automatically record your content without your permission. There are bots on Chaturbate that block hide your cam from anonymous viewers, but in doing so they remove your cam from the homepage.

I found an bot on chaturabte that works a bit differently, and worked with the developer to make some improvements. The bot works by hiding your cam from anonymous users for a small portion of time at regular intervals, lets say for 5 seconds out of ever 35 seconds. Many pirate sites discard clips shorter than a minute (rec-tube for instance only has clips longer that 2:30 minutes if your sort by duration). This bot keeps you on the homepage most of the time (30 out of 35 seconds).

Unfortunatly, by blocking anonymous users for bits of time, it might cause them to leave lowering your view count. It also might block people who don't use flash, but it's still unclear.

I am posting this, because the bot still needs to be tested. I haven't been able to get enough users to tell if it works, since pirates tend to target high user cams. If you have had your cam targeted by sites like chaturbateamales try it out for a few days, to see if it prevents them from doing their thing, and let met know if it works.

Post a link to the bot? And what you should really do is get it running on the CB testbed and point us to that version of it.

Is there any way during the video outage period that you could put a custom message onto the screen? Like "Recording this video without permission is a violation of the DMCA" or whatever....?

Something I have always wondered is why more models don't turn their tip menus into crazyticket shows. So if someone tips 500 for...whatever...then that person gets a free ticket, the model starts CrazyTicket, and then anyone who wants to come in can do so for X tokens each. It's just a personal gripe that a room can have 1000+ people in it, and two tippers are paying for 998 people to enjoy the identical show.

If your camming, recordings are going to be posted. Bots or not, it's just some thing you have to accept. If you accept that it's going to happen, and own it, at least then it has no power over you.

@Rm47s6Zn , There is a great level of misunderstanding about how these bots work. Bots don't lurk in rooms. They connect directly to a stream. Ones they know a model stream URL. They have it for ever, and can monitor it any time it's access-able. Embeding CSS DMCA over your stream does nothing, because the bot isn't even loading the web page. Kicking does nothing, because they're not even in the room.

If your camming, recordings are going to be posted. Bots or not, it's just some thing you have to accept. If you accept that it's going to happen, and own it, at least then it has no power over you.

@Rm47s6Zn , There is a great level of misunderstanding about how these bots work. Bots don't lurk in rooms. They connect directly to a stream. Ones they know a model stream URL. They have it for ever, and can monitor it any time it's access-able. Embeding CSS DMCA over your stream does nothing, because the bot isn't even loading the web page. Kicking does nothing, because they're not even in the room.

Interesting! Can you explain technically how that works? Is someone connecting to the stream directly able to bypass a password protected room, or unhide a crazyticket show?

How does the kind of tool that @Rm47s6Zn was describing work? Are you saying that this tool is nothing more than a web layer that masks the stream inside a web browser only?

How are these stream-stealers discovering the stream URL, and is there any way to protect it?

Last edited:

Do you know if "anytime" includes hidden cam streams using the limitcam API? The Piracy Disrupter bot does not use css, it uses the limitcam API to disrupt the feed for anonymous viewers.

Last edited:
Do you know if "anytime" includes hidden cam streams using the limitcam API? The Piracy Disrupter bot does not use css, it uses the limitcam API to disrupt the feed for anonymous viewers.
limitcam will show a custom msg to all viewers of the stream who are not in an array passed to it, this will include any bots URL streaming, so while this bot won't actually stop the recording by capture scripts but it will mean what they record has a msg instead of action for 5secs every 35secs.
There are no holes in limitcam, years ago there were exploitable holes in how CB hid private shows and banned people and there were plenty of available scripts to exploit these, these have all been closed.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
The bot works by hiding your cam from anonymous users for a small portion of time at regular intervals
Having had a quick look at the code, looks to me like it also hides cam from greys as well as anons, looks like it would even hide it from a grey mod.

• Helpful!
Having had a quick look at the code, looks to me like it also hides cam from greys as well as anons, looks like it would even hide it from a grey mod.
I can double check with the developer, however, what you are probably seeing a trigger mechanism for non Grey's to reduce the flickering associated with switching back and forth into hidden cam mode if someone is likely to tip. If certain conditions are met, the broadcast stays in hidden cam mode (for all registered users) in order to provide a better viewing experience (but won't be visible on the homepage as a result). Grey's should see the the same thing as non greys, they just won't trigger the reduced flickering.

I can double check with the developer, however, what you are probably seeing a trigger mechanism for non Grey's to reduce the flickering associated with switching back and forth into hidden cam mode if someone is likely to tip. If certain conditions are met, the broadcast stays in hidden cam mode (for all registered users) in order to provide a better viewing experience (but won't be visible on the homepage as a result). Grey's should see the the same thing as non greys, they just won't trigger the reduced flickering.
I just tested the bot and as I thought it does treat greys the same as anons. and hide the cam from them.

• Helpful!
I just tested the bot and as I thought it does treat greys the same as anons. and hide the cam from them.
Thanks, your feedback is super helpful. I didn't realize this was happening for Grey's. I am working with the developer to change this. I will let you know when a new version is posted.

• Helpful!
If you want a code review, I'm a software engineer. (Generally C/C++, with a heavy web background so I know my way around JS as well)
Thanks Hellerphoto. I think pbchnd has a handle on it, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you reported any bugs or had any suggestions. His username is his Gmail address.

Reactions: hellerphoto
Status
Not open for further replies.