AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pixelated streams only affecting chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2019
One of the models I work with started having this issue on Wednesday (I thought it was just something with their settings that had changed because they recently tried increasing the resolution of the stream) but I noticed today that there is a number of streams that are going in and out of being pixelated, and no matter what changes the model makes on their side, she keeps having this problem. Does anyone know what is happening? Here are some examples, it doesnt matter if its an HD stream and they have a great internet connection, it still seems to be happening outside of the model.
Opera Snapshot_2020-03-21_005447_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_005559_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_005715_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_005740_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_005817_chaturbate.com.png

Has Chaturbate put out a PSA about this?

Could be an ISP or the path from the ISP to CB ingest may be congested. Maybe try a different ingest point? Maybe try stepping down in resolution / quality.

Upvote 0
I saw this too, this happens with the new flash-less broadcaster, when the bandwidth is not wide enough (so yes, it's linked with the resolution and the net)
You can have the same aspect for the same reason when broadcasting with smartphone.
Both are still in Beta version

edit : I think also that something changed around this. Wasn't it displayed differently before ? (like "1 920×1 080 ") ? :
1584771066299.png

Upvote 0
edit : I think also that something changed around this. Wasn't it displayed differently before ? (like "1 920×1 080 ") ? :
View attachment 83692

It's been like that since I've joined CB like a year ago. Only change is they now show the FPS, whereas in the past it would have just shown 2 options as 720p.

Upvote 0
Could be an ISP or the path from the ISP to CB ingest may be congested. Maybe try a different ingest point? Maybe try stepping down in resolution / quality.
The one model I am working directly with tried going as low as 480p and still had this issue. This isnt limited to a handful of people, I spent like 6mins and found more without waiting to see the profiles refresh, I am sure I could find hundreds more if I did a detailed search:
Opera Snapshot_2020-03-21_010650_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_010806_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_010835_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_010859_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_011326_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_011517_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_011701_chaturbate.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2020-03-21_011940_chaturbate.com.png

Upvote 0
this, you should report to CB support. They certainly have a clue or it can help them fix it.
support@cb.com

(here, it is an unofficial support)

what do you mean with " I am working directly with " ? you represent a studio ?

(else, I don't see any of these rooms connected now to check it from here)

Upvote 0
this, you should report to CB support. They certainly have a clue or it can help them fix it.
support@cb.com

(here, it is an unofficial support)
I sent off an email to CB to make them aware of the problem. Additionally I included another set of models that I found had this issue.
what do you mean with " I am working directly with " ? you represent a studio ?

(else, I don't see any of these rooms connected now to check it from here)
The rooms I linked only share the issue. I didn't link the model to whom I referenced. Not to derail the topic, but I do social media marketing, both for studios and individuals. I was getting some media ready for twitter when it happened. Chaturbate being their biggest pay funnel, the issue affects both of us drastically.

Upvote 0
It doesn't happen if the models use OBS though right?
I second this question if anyone knows! In my case they do not use OBS, so maybe this is a solution for her if this is correct, but I know she does camera splitting so I am wondering if OBS has a way to address that... I don't really do tech support though haha

Also an update on emailing CB. I had a terrible agent assigned to my ticket.... they didn't read anything I said and just offered me to use google chrome and clear my cache :arghh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I second this question if anyone knows! In my case they do not use OBS, so maybe this is a solution for her if this is correct, but I know she does camera splitting so I am wondering if OBS has a way to address that... I don't really do tech support though haha

Also an update on emailing CB. I had a terrible agent assigned to my ticket.... they didn't read anything I said and just offered me to use google chrome and clear my cache :arghh:

If they are already splitting the camera then they likely have some sort of cam splitting software that can be selected in OBS as the video source.

Reactions: Altertibbar
Upvote 0

Hey! I saw this same issue the past days on my broadcast. I checked using OBS and the web Encoder (Same for both). This was making me crazy, I thought it was my settings etc.

Also, for Cam Splitting with OBS, you can try using the OBS virtual cam, here is the link:

I'm kind of new on all of this, but let me know if you need any further details

Upvote 0
I have seen this a lot too. I know one of the women have a huge issue with this does not use OBS but does use something to split cam on multiple sites (not sure what).
But it randomly started happening weeks ago, despite nothing else in her stream etc changing. I look on her at other sites, no issue with pixelation. Good to see others have noticed it too.

@punker barbie hopefully can raise this and try get devs to seriously look into it for us/the models.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.