AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Please help a girl get more traffic & interaction!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2016
Florida
Tumblr Username
daddyscumslutxx
Streamate Username
Oakleigh
Chaturbate Username
daddyscumslutxx
Hey I'm Aut, :hi: I'm new to camming & I've done both streamate & chaturbate so far. I did surprisingly good on our (I'm in a couples account) first broadcast but since then it's been slow. As in slow I mean very low traffic and very little interaction between the customers and us. I even bought the Ohmibod bluemotion nex2 which reacts to tips & I use the ohmytip extentsion to make it go off for longer durations to larger tips but it hasn't helped. I noticed alot of girls barely show their face and talk very little but they bring in tons of traffic and tips still... how do I do this?! I stream in HD and bc my bf is with me we always are interactive with the customers and having fun or fooling around. Even just doing tokenkeno I find it's hard to get people into playing, once again even though some girls prizes are "show feet" and we're offering sexy lap dances and fun things. I know you're not supposed to give it all away and we def don't we haven't done anything but a little fooling around in public chat so we're wondering how to get more traffic using apps & bots and how to get the customers to interact with us?? :think: :wondering: :wait:

I feel you girl. Getting traffic on chaturbate is very difficult when you have the girl with the 12 inch dildo, or a vaccume on her butthole. Guys seem to really dig the extreme and exotic. Being cute fun and entertaining just isn't enough. I've noticed that unless you are will to mutilate yourself then forget it. Thats probably not true, that's me just being bitter. Haha. Truth is the more followers you gain the more traffic you have. Gaining followers takes time. I'm only at 730 right now... Whereas the models with 50,000 followers have 800 people in their room. So do as I do and be patient and eventually people will notice you. :) good luck.

First, never ever look at other accounts if it's just going to make you jealous or make you compare yourself in a non-positive way. It's a one-way street to burn out and anger. It's not healthy and it can lead down a really dark mental path when you start thinking things like "Well, I look better than her." or "We're way more fun than that couple, why are they more successful?"

I'm on SM rather than CB so I'll tell you what I can for them. Biggest for getting better placement is making sure you have the right equipment and settings and then...all the fucking hours.

See, amount paid is huge for gaining placement but the difference between being on third page vs first page can literally be just a few dozen dollars per shift. If you've ever participated in some of SMs contests you can see placements jump fifty or more spaces with just one good show. This means that the difference in earnings between models on the first few rows and the models below is huge but the models below that are split pretty equally.

Just being online longer, even when it's slow, gives you a higher chance of improving placement just because you're the girl that's around more. It should be noted that you chose an abysmal to start camming. Summers are pretty bad for camgirl earnings though this should be the start of the seasonal upswing. Since there's no camscore or anything like it on SM it doesn't hurt anything but your nerves to stay on when it's slow. As you get more established and develop a group of regs your placement inevitably goes up...you just have to keep from pulling your hair out and hating humanity before you get there

Hey I'm Aut, :hi: I'm new to camming & I've done both streamate & chaturbate so far. I did surprisingly good on our (I'm in a couples account) first broadcast but since then it's been slow. As in slow I mean very low traffic and very little interaction between the customers and us. I even bought the Ohmibod bluemotion nex2 which reacts to tips & I use the ohmytip extentsion to make it go off for longer durations to larger tips but it hasn't helped. I noticed alot of girls barely show their face and talk very little but they bring in tons of traffic and tips still... how do I do this?! I stream in HD and bc my bf is with me we always are interactive with the customers and having fun or fooling around. Even just doing tokenkeno I find it's hard to get people into playing, once again even though some girls prizes are "show feet" and we're offering sexy lap dances and fun things. I know you're not supposed to give it all away and we def don't we haven't done anything but a little fooling around in public chat so we're wondering how to get more traffic using apps & bots and how to get the customers to interact with us?? :think: :wondering: :wait:

What exactly do you mean with "low traffic"? What is your average viewer count?

We should get technical issues off the table before giving you other type of advice:

1) Check your blocked country list. Make sure you don't have any important countries blocked like the US.
2) Make sure you don't activate a bot like "no gray viewers" by mistake.
3) If you are camming from a weird location use a VPN and choose an american IP.
4) Run a speed test to see if your internet connection is good enough for camming. Choppy video feed is the #1 reason people will not stay in your room.
5) Make sure you are using a professional webcam and not the in-built webcam on your laptop. Image quality is the second reason people won't stay in your room.
6) Make sure your sound is on and they can hear you loud and clear.

If all of this is working and you are still getting no traffic then you might want to check your actual performance.

1) How long are you staying on cam for? Chaturbate is a place for long cam sessions. One hour is not nearly enough to build an audience. Plan for 3 or 4 hour long sessions and expect to start receiving good traffic by the end of the second hour.
2) Make sure you are engaging the audience, but don't focus on conversation too much, just chit chat. I find that it is very hard for people to pay attention to "deep" conversations, they get bored and leave.
3) What lights are you using? Is your room visually appealing? Is your voice smooth and calm? If your lights are too bright or too dim, if your voice is too high pitched, people will also leave.

This is all I can think of for now.

Like others mentioned, it takes time to build a fanbase, especially on a site like Chaturbate. These other models you mentioned have likely been on the site for much longer than you and have built up a lot of followers, which really makes a massive difference in success.

One thing I really like about Streamate, versus chaturbate, is that Streamate buys a LOT of traffic. Internet marketers (like me!) get paid 35% of what you make to send traffic to you! On Chaturbate, you get to keep more of your tokens but you have to do the marketing yourself by putting the time in to build a customer base. On Streamate, I found it easier to find success right away without putting in a lot of hours or a set cam schedule, by learning how to manipulate the site's model placement. This can just take a few days of getting the right equipment and a few weeks to months of putting in the hours!

Here's my tips for success on Streamate.

Technical ;

1) High quality webcam - check!
2) Clean out your computer and get it working as fast as possible. Move videos and big files to an external Hardrive, as having too many files can slow your computer down.
3) **Download and use SM Broadcast - very important!
4) ** Call your internet provider and upgrade to the fastest speed they have, also hugely important. You want 10mbps upload/download MINIMUM for great, high earning placement on the site. Google "internet speed check" to test your current speed.

General ;

1) Change your private and exclusive prices so that you guys make enough to share it. I suggest 3.99 private and 5.99 exclusive, if you like, and then you can bump it up after new model status is over.

2) Log 30 hours online.

3) Ask customers to rate you 5 stars after a private - you need 5 5-star ratings to get better placement. You can encourage them to give you 5 stars by offering to send them a naughty video or picture after they rate you.

4) Your "percentage in paid chat" increases your earnings, too. When I started on Streamate, I pulled all-nighters for 3 months to get better site placement. With less models online I got better placement and more privates, and therefore a higher percentage in paid chat. I started around midnight PST every night.
Now that I have good placement because of this, I can go on any time and usually make money - even prime time - 5pm PST - when the most models are online.

I guess the short of what I am saying is that a lot of success in camming isn't how pretty you are or how much you show. A lot of it is learning how your site works and doing whatever it takes to get that great placement on the site. Usually, better placement = better earnings!

4) ** Call your internet provider and upgrade to the fastest speed they have, also hugely important. You want 10mbps upload/download MINIMUM for great, high earning placement on the site. Google "internet speed check" to test your current speed.

I don't know nothing about marketing no cam models. But point #4 rang a bell. Sometimes you're paying for awesome access and it just isn't. Using a mix of speed test sites just shows the same as the viewers are telling you.

Often (I'm looking at you, ComCast) using a 3rd party DNS provider will make that connection work as advertised. Quick nerdsplaining - DNS is like a phone book, turns the numeric addresses into www.example.com and vice versa. You wouldn't think that'd matter with a stream, but it still does. Easy free way to try is OpenDNS - instructions on site, no need for nerd glasses even though you all look so cute in them. Instructions work the same to use Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - they don't mind, just another tracker for them.

If you happen to be using an ISP using packet inspection (I'm looking at you AT&T U-verse) then using a VPN shuts their laggy inspection process down. Unfortunately that's another layer that can be troublesome. In some cases it's the only way to get near-advertised speed though. I've heard of AT&T offering discounts for packages if you allow 'some inspection for marketing' or however they phrase that. Not something you want for your business line.

• Helpful!
Reactions: LilyOhRiley
I would add mastering social media. You have to have a strong twitter channel. This is something you can give away for free and you need to promote it during your show. When new people come in your room ask them to follow you on twitter etc. Post lots of content on your twitter and it does not have to be all cam oriented. You can repost contents for others or things you think your followers would be interested in. This can be what your cooking for breakfast, a short video of your workout routine. New outfits etc. Thirty minutes before a show blast out a notification that you will be online soon. Tag a successful model you admire and say something nice about them. Something like you look up to them and they inspire you to work harder at your camming. Hopefully they will tweet back and expose their followers to you.

Get a snapchat account and really work on putting good content on it. You can sell your snapchat, use it as a prize during your show, or give it away to your best followers. Some of the better models make a lot of money on snapchat. Think about it you can have 4000 followers on an account. You can charge a initial sign up fee in tokens, then a monthly renewal fee. You can have two accounts for example with one being a lifetime membership at 500+ tokens and a second one at 250 tokens initial and 99 tokens a month. Use the same content for both. There are lots of different ways to do snapchat and that is a whole process in itself. The bottom line is you use snapchat to build followers to drive to your show and use it as a means to tell/remind your followers about your show when your about to go on.

Use KiK, Whatap or any other text message like service for your best tippers. You can sell the service sure but find a way to give it to your best tippers. The ones you want to keep a tab on and make sure they come back regularly. You can use any vehicle you want it does not have to be something like KiK but the way you use it is the same. Hit up your best tippers when they wake up in the morning, when they take their lunch break, and when they get off of work. Send them content, hopefully you know what they most like. Ask them about their day etc. If you do all of this they are almost obligated to come to your show or give you the majority of their cam attention. This sounds like a lot of work and it can be but you can certainly automate things. Setup something to send pre-recorded content to a list of followers at pre determined times mentioned above. You spend part of a day recording a library of media to use for the week.

All your social media is tied into one effort. When ever you shower take some cell pics to possibly use for later. Whenever you get dressed or do things during the day take pics with your camera. When you do your show take pics regularly to use for social media.Use this library you create to use that week or month.Really put a lot of content out there to build a follower base.

You really have to experiment with your show too. I hate to say it but it might be the guy that is holding the show back. Have him disappear for a while so the show can focus on you and then maybe bring him in later for a sex show at a certain goal, or when someone tips for him to do something. Do some solo shows and see how that does. If he's really good looking and into it he may do some solo shows too but he's got to be good with some gay interaction. He will have to decide if that is his thing.

Record your shows or shoot new content with a good video cam to cut up into videos you can sell, use on social media, or give away. You have to do the show anyway so figure out how to make extra income off of it. You say you dont want to give away too much during the show for free but sometimes you have to give a little away to keep people in your room or build an audience. When you have to give something for free make sure you record it so you can make a video you can sell offline, use as a prize on another show, or use for social media.This way it's not giving it away for free. It is a pre planned strategy to make content to sell or use for marketing done during a lull in the show.

I agree that you should check if all your tech is working as good a possible, good lighting is a major factor.

Chaturbate has really a time factor. I mean lets say a 100 people per day go through you room and maybe 2-3 are interested in you and add you to be followed, These people you have to built up over time to get the high numbers in your room and the regular and more "easy" tips, because these people like you and want to support you. But this takes time....

And try to find your "niche" something that is special to your room....

:)

Don't listen to the dude above, you really don't need to do any of this. It makes you waste a ton of time and doesn't have very good results.
Worked for the cam girl I help. Again it's just advice the OP or anyone wanting to experiment with techniques to boost follower base will have to determine if it can work for them. Many models make great use of social media. So do a lot of mainstream business. Every business or enterprise can benefit from marketing and advertising. Much of this can be multitask-ed into your show so it is not a huge expenditure of time or effort if you don't want it to be.

Take a look at the more successful models on chaturbate for example. Notice they almost all run social media in the form of Twitter, snapchat, sell videos etc.

Reactions: ReinaStorm
Worked for the cam girl I help. Again it's just advice the OP or anyone wanting to experiment with techniques to boost follower base will have to determine if it can work for them. Many models make great use of social media. So do a lot of mainstream business. Every business or enterprise can benefit from marketing and advertising. Much of this can be multitask-ed into your show so it is not a huge expenditure of time or effort if you don't want it to be.

Take a look at the more successful models on chaturbate for example. Notice they almost all run social media in the form of Twitter, snapchat, sell videos etc.

19289639.jpg

I am one of the most successful models on Chaturbate and I have no social media at all.

Why do you feel qualified to lecture a camgirl on how to do her job considering you have never done it yourself? Just because you watch cams doesn't mean you actually know how to cam. Same logic behind how watching football doesn't make you a great athlete.

Last edited:
again just offering advice. What works or doesn't work for you might vary for other. This is a discussion forum so we are here to discuss. No need to be a bully.

Social media is a standard business practice that has worked for many. Just because you don't care for it, did not need it, or do not care for it does not qualify that it would not work for others or is a waste of time.

"Thank you soooo much!! It's awesome to see models going out of their way to help each other get better, especially taking the time out of your day to explain your experiences to help me! Ya'll are all awesome!" that's in response to everyone who answered I'm new so idk how to reply to multiples I apologize! It's awesome to be able to talk to cool girls who are nice enough to try to help me! Your advice is noted and I'm on it THANK YOU SO MUCH :h: :blush:

I feel you girl. Getting traffic on chaturbate is very difficult when you have the girl with the 12 inch dildo, or a vaccume on her butthole. Guys seem to really dig the extreme and exotic. Being cute fun and entertaining just isn't enough. I've noticed that unless you are will to mutilate yourself then forget it. Thats probably not true, that's me just being bitter. Haha. Truth is the more followers you gain the more traffic you have. Gaining followers takes time. I'm only at 730 right now... Whereas the models with 50,000 followers have 800 people in their room. So do as I do and be patient and eventually people will notice you. :) good luck.
Thank you soooo much!! It's awesome to see models going out of their way to help each other get better, especially taking the time out of your day to explain your experiences to help me! You're awesome! I def see what you mean about the traffic because we've noticed a steady change in viewers just by our actions. I can be sweet and laying on my bf friendly playing a game but traffic doesn't hit until sexual activities start.

I have come to the realization I need to be patient and persistent to get more followers and guests - they will come over time. After every show my followers on CB and Twitter increases, which keeps me encouraged.

I just need to not get bored and quit before that happens.

To combat boredom, I sometimes let the grays (on CB) go wild to liven up the room. If you talk to a gray the others join in. The requests/demands and 'seduction' techniques make me smile and laugh - which brings in (blue) guests, who see a lively room and start to chat.

I will not use Snapchat or Kik (my choice).

I use twitter, because it is fun! I do not expect a mass flood of visitors from it when a 'live now' tweet goes out. I track the clicks from twitter to my room and it is very very low - it might work for some but I think it is not my market. I love reading my twitter feed though, mainly to see non work related tweets from all the awesome #camgirls. It is 'social' media after all - not 'billboard' media.

I have come to the realization I need to be patient and persistent to get more followers and guests - they will come over time. After every show my followers on CB and Twitter increases, which keeps me encouraged.

I just need to not get bored and quit before that happens.

To combat boredom, I sometimes let the grays (on CB) go wild to liven up the room. If you talk to a gray the others join in. The requests/demands and 'seduction' techniques make me smile and laugh - which brings in (blue) guests, who see a lively room and start to chat.

I will not use Snapchat or Kik (my choice).

I use twitter, because it is fun! I do not expect a mass flood of visitors from it when a 'live now' tweet goes out. I track the clicks from twitter to my room and it is very very low - it might work for some but I think it is not my market. I love reading my twitter feed though, mainly to see non work related tweets from all the awesome #camgirls. It is 'social' media after all - not 'billboard' media.
Haha hi cherrybomb! Great minds think alike eh? I agree with you in general.. My biggest problem is boredom. I feel like i have a pretty good system tip wise. Low tip= enjoyable payout for the viewers. To reach my main goals everyone. Gets to enjoy a few micro shows in the process. But a lot of times people dont seem to buy into this. . ill be sottong on cam a few viewers in my room and sometimes no one is tipping or talking. I continue to put the bait out and no one bites.. Thats when my stage fright and anxiety kick in. I feel like a bunch of people are watching me the "circus act" and im getting booed off the stage. They arr waiting for me to be the entertainer and if im already nervouse or frustrated i choke. You would think after so many months id get over all of this but i still somedays struggle and have to log off. I think what is wrong with me? I thought id be good at this. And i am when given the chance. But the stars were not aligned for me on this one.

Thank you soooo much!! It's awesome to see models going out of their way to help each other get better, especially taking the time out of your day to explain your experiences to help me! You're awesome! I def see what you mean about the traffic because we've noticed a steady change in viewers just by our actions. I can be sweet and laying on my bf friendly playing a game but traffic doesn't hit until sexual activities start.

Oh its really no problem. When i started 9 months ago on streammate i didnt have anyone to ask questions. Didnt know this forum existed. Customer service was useless, forget about trying to ask the competition questions lol, and google has such limited info on camming. A lot goes into it. Ive invested a lot of time money and emotions into this job. And in between trying to figure out all the little technical and tedious stuff, buying equiptment, computer repairs, making social media accounts, videos, picture sets, games, ideas for shows, building a profile,And learning to be comfortable on cam it has been hard. I think my biggest mistake was switching sites multiple times (for good reasons) and not realizing how important having a large fanbase is and how incredibly long it takes for some of us to build one with so few hours a week. But i get excited everytime i learn something new. Just keep your moral up and try to stay positive. I bet you will see good results in no time! Fortunately you have a safe place to ask questions.

Reactions: Aurora Laze
Status
Not open for further replies.