AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

PMs that stay open for several days.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2021
UK
There is a model I visit regularly and I've noticed that PMs with her stay open for several days.

An example would be she initally opens the PM and we chat for a bit.

The next day (or even several days later) I enter the room and if I try to open a PM directly I would expect this message:

Private conversation with <model>
Caution: The Chaturbate Team will NEVER contact you via chat or ask for your password.
You must be a supporter, fan club member, or moderator to send this private message.

But it does not show "You must be a supporter, fan club member, or moderator to send this private message."

The PM function works still works fully as if we just continued on chatting from the previous session.
I am not a supporter, or fan club member so it is odd that it still operates.

I tried PM requests with other models and the results are much the same.

Is there a set time limit for PMs to stay functional, or can models make PMs with selected users stay open?

-- Sequential --

Please provide your username or ticket number so I may pass it along to our Support team

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, but this is not really an issue for support.

My question was just "Is there a set time limit for PMs to stay functional, or can models make PMs with selected users stay open?"

Upvote 0
Good luck with that problem I have more than a year support never answers automatic messages and sometimes they ask for documents or even help I have a driver's cedula passport but they never respond only automatic message _aboycams

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you for your reply, but this is not really an issue for support.

My question was just "Is there a set time limit for PMs to stay functional, or can models make PMs with selected users stay open?"

I am unsure but it does seem to vary, I think depending on how often you talk with a model, if you both follow one another, and if she hasn't been online for a few days.
I can't say for certain though, I am still annoyed that they didn't keep the better PM system - I know you could only see 1000 messages, but it will see better than now, and it looks like we will never get an offline PM system, which is a huge shame.

Not sure if they will give any proper useful information for this question your asking, unfortunately. But you could probably try ask support directly to see if someone there will know, but I have a feeling they won't read the question and will just quote you something about "become a VIP to PM the model first" lol.. They never read stuff properly if you try ask them things, - they seem to just see keywords then copy and paste from their own FAQ for you.

If you do find this out I would love to know the answer for it too

Upvote 0
.... I am still annoyed that they didn't keep the better PM system - I know you could only see 1000 messages, but it will see better than now, and it looks like we will never get an offline PM system, which is a huge shame.
I was wondering about that. I can't see much of anything now. Maybe a couple of lines from recent conversations. Some do still seem to have longer retention. I kind of hate it too since I'll go into a room and it's obvious that they can see what was talked about and I'm completely clueless.

I also get the PMs that stay open for a while. Agree that it seems to vary. Not sure what the conditions are for it to be available or not.

Upvote 0
Thanks for clearing this up, so it is not just me getting 'extended' PMs 👍

The PM history was a cool feature but on one occasion it caused a LOT of drama in a studio room where they put a new girl on an existing account.
All the Regs bounced in and found that the new girl could read all their PMs to the original model.

It wasn't the new girl's fault and the users understood this, the studio was getting the flak for doing it. Studios tend to do this when the original girl leaves and the account has a lot of followers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.