AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pocket Wifi/Travel Routers & Cam Streams?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CedarSelene

Cam Model
Nov 9, 2020
Hey all, so my partner and I are planning on taking a road trip out West at the end of December. We are trying to avoid hotels and such as much as possible with Covid (and as we all know, hotel WiFi is not always super reliable anyway) so I'm looking at pocket wifi/travel routers. I will already be unable to cam for a couple weeks before we leave (medical stuff) so I would really, really hate to be unable to cam for another three weeks there.

Has anybody done this? (Camming with pocket wifi/travel router) What have been your pitfalls? Does anyone have a recommendation of which one to get/which carrier to use? We will be going through NE, CO, UT, CA, OR, ID, MN, and ND so kinda all over the place.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has recommendations! Hopefully I can get a good set up to stay as active as possible (and with fun new backgrounds!)

I wouldn't recommend it, tbh. You're essentially creating a wifi hotspot using cellular data with those things -- and hotspot connections are iffy at best. I have used pocket wifis while travelling for vanilla things like maps and netflix and it's ... iffy.
I know it's not entirely ideal and that I won't have access everywhere, but the alternative is pretty much just not streaming for over a month straight.

Hey all, so my partner and I are planning on taking a road trip out West at the end of December. We are trying to avoid hotels and such as much as possible with Covid (and as we all know, hotel WiFi is not always super reliable anyway) so I'm looking at pocket wifi/travel routers. I will already be unable to cam for a couple weeks before we leave (medical stuff) so I would really, really hate to be unable to cam for another three weeks there.

Has anybody done this? (Camming with pocket wifi/travel router) What have been your pitfalls? Does anyone have a recommendation of which one to get/which carrier to use? We will be going through NE, CO, UT, CA, OR, ID, MN, and ND so kinda all over the place.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has recommendations! Hopefully I can get a good set up to stay as active as possible (and with fun new backgrounds!)

When I tried to cam one night in a cheap Super 8 motel (or maybe it was Red Roof Inn), it was a total waste of time. The internet connection was so bad, I just ended up saying goodnight to the dudes in public chat, and I think I logged off and decided to record a video instead. You and your partner should do that. Take some sexy photos and record a video, so you have new stuff you can list for sale online (cam site...OnlyFans...Clips4Sale...ManyVids...etc.). This way, you're still getting stuff accomplished.

Last year I had to live in an Extended Stay hotel for about a month and a half, and I do believe I was able to broadcast on MyFreeCams from there with no problems? But I think I had paid for the option to upgrade my internet connection to a better quality. And supposedly, the closer your room is to the hotel's modem, the more likely your connection will be? I was in a room on the ground floor...close to the front desk. So that probably helped.

Reactions: Emme Torx
When I tried to cam one night in a cheap Super 8 motel (or maybe it was Red Roof Inn), it was a total waste of time. The internet connection was so bad, I just ended up saying goodnight to the dudes in public chat, and I think I logged off and decided to record a video instead. You and your partner should do that. Take some sexy photos and record a video, so you have new stuff you can list for sale online (cam site...OnlyFans...Clips4Sale...ManyVids...etc.). This way, you're still getting stuff accomplished.

Last year I had to live in an Extended Stay hotel for about a month and a half, and I do believe I was able to broadcast on MyFreeCams from there with no problems? But I think I had paid for the option to upgrade my internet connection to a better quality. And supposedly, the closer your room is to the hotel's modem, the more likely your connection will be? I was in a room on the ground floor...close to the front desk. So that probably helped.
Yeah, that's exactly my concern. Which is why I am looking at bringing my own with me. Haha.

I know it's not entirely ideal and that I won't have access everywhere, but the alternative is pretty much just not streaming for over a month straight.
You're probably better off not camming tbh. I can't stress how shitty pocket wifi signal is lol. You MIGHT get lucky and get a good spot, but it's really going to cause lag issues and connection problems. The way pocket wifi works isn't meant for streaming, especially not HQ streaming. :confused:

As a user/guy I'll chime in.... Few things I like less than crappy video. I pay my cable company a premium for fast internet. But I receive only the quality with which the broadcaster broadcasts. When that signal is crappy I tune out.

Suggestion: if you can't cam with high quality content then better to not stream at all. Tell your fans/followers the honest truth. You'll be away for a month. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

BTW, as I'm sure you know, there's tons of information online addressing your original question.

As a user/guy I'll chime in.... Few things I like less than crappy video. I pay my cable company a premium for fast internet. But I receive only the quality with which the broadcaster broadcasts. When that signal is crappy I tune out.

This has been me of late with a couple of models I do privates with. For some reason, the feed has been pure shit of late. I've tried all the different settings for OBS and it doesn't matter. The delays have gotten worse, the feed looks blurry (not blocky like some digital feeds get) almost as if it's cheap/bad glass and looking through water view. I've explained to them what's going on and one of them has tried to change settings on her side as well. One time she got it to work in her room after we both changed settings and refreshed. But, when we went private it went back to being really bad.

Kills the mood, and it's a waste of money since it's not enjoyable.

Update: I decided to stay in AirBnBs instead of hotels, partially for Covid safety, but also because I am more likely to get decent Wifi there. I told my followers that I'll be mostly gone but to keep a steady eye/that I will cam when I have decent upload speed. I decided this a couple weeks ago but forgot to update y'all. Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.