AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Podcast nerds!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustineSunday

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 30, 2015
ny
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@itsmistybliss
MFC Username
JustineSunday
Any others around?

What are your favorites?
Mine are:
This American Life (obvs)
Snap Judgement
The Whorecast
Sex With Timaree (she has a few interviews with a popular camgirl, as well as several other accomplished and interesting people in the sex industry)
Stuff Mom Never Told You
All Songs Considered.

What would you do if you heard a camgirl listening to Welcome To Nightvale in public chat? :p

I kind of want to start my own podcast interviewing cam models, been mulling it over for a long time now.

The podcast I love the most is the Ricky Gervais Show, mainly for Karl Pilkington, I wish they would make more.

Reactions: Puffin
TAL is pretty good, but you really never know what you're going to get. One week can be light and fluffy and the next you wanna /wrists.

I'm highly resilient to /wrists material (I actually do crisis counseling). Those are some of my favorites. I really liked the "cops see it differently" series.

Any others around?

What are your favorites?
Mine are:
This American Life (obvs)
Snap Judgement
The Whorecast
Sex With Timaree (she has a few interviews with a popular camgirl, as well as several other accomplished and interesting people in the sex industry)
Stuff Mom Never Told You
All Songs Considered.

What would you do if you heard a camgirl listening to Welcome To Nightvale in public chat? :p

Yay podcast nerds!

Sexnerd Sandra and Sex With Emily are my two favorites. Other than TAL and All Things Considered...but those feel like a given.

Some of my best friends are podcasts!

Lately I've been enjoying the Aussie-accented discussions on Mysterious Universe, the wonderful variety of stories on The Moth, and if you like Radiolab, I recommend Love + Radio (I was hooked after hearing an episode with Ceara Lynch, an online humiliatrix).

Reactions: RorieBair
Cool thread @JustineSunday ! I've only followed like health and financial podcasts. It'll be exciting to listen to some more sex and camgirl related stuff.

And I think listening to a podcast when you're streaming is fine! I've been seeing more and more girls have a t.v. on in the back which draws my attention more than the model most times. So I would say that a podcast would be a lot less distracting and annoying compared to some of the music in the rooms. Also!!! I think if you run out of conversation or if it's a slow day at least you can always talk about what's going on in your head during the podcast (totally stealing this idea for my slow period right now).

Has anyone here ever listened to serial? At least I think it was that..my boyfriend recommended it to me months ago and it follows a real life investigation of a murder that happened years ago, it's quite interesting for those of you that like murder mysteries

There's a program on CBC radio all about podcasts. There's usually a theme for each episode, and, while I don't follow any podcast regularly, it's interesting to hear about what all is out there. And yes, you can get some of the their episodes as podcasts.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcastplaylist

I love me some podcasts!
Ira Glass and I go way back ;) in the sense that I've had a crush on his voice since the 90's... so TAL of course!
I love 'Sex Nerd Sandra' (doesn't update often anymore but years of back episodes worth listening too)
'Terrified' with Dave ross and Ana Serhoweveryouspellittouchingcheezes which just launch the LAST episode but oh it so good and so funny and just... go back and listen to them all! It's about anxiety and depression and all that stuff but hosted and often guested by comedians.

"Lore" is wonderful
"The Black Tapes" is fun!

I love me some podcasts!
Ira Glass and I go way back ;) in the sense that I've had a crush on his voice since the 90's... so TAL of course!
I love 'Sex Nerd Sandra' (doesn't update often anymore but years of back episodes worth listening too)
'Terrified' with Dave ross and Ana Serhoweveryouspellittouchingcheezes which just launch the LAST episode but oh it so good and so funny and just... go back and listen to them all! It's about anxiety and depression and all that stuff but hosted and often guested by comedians.

"Lore" is wonderful
"The Black Tapes" is fun!

Thanks for the recommendations! I keep hearing a lot about Black Tapes

Umm I am super nerdy when it comes to podcasts - mine include the greater good live, positive psychology, and brain matters lol, I like things I can learn from x

Has anyone here ever listened to serial? At least I think it was that..my boyfriend recommended it to me months ago and it follows a real life investigation of a murder that happened years ago, it's quite interesting for those of you that like murder mysteries

Yes, it's awful. Full of melodrama and barely concealed racism. I was recommended it but could not get through even 10 minutes.

Seconding radiolab!

I also listen to a show from Utah called Radio West. It's a topic based interview show that jumps all over and I love it so much!

I like a lot of comedy/panel podcasts.

How Did This Get Made?
Doug Loves Movies
Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!

The Cracked Podcast is sort of a lighter, less serious version of interesting trivia stuff like Radiolab or Hardcore History.

The Indoor Kids started life more as strictly a video gaming podcast, but it expanded its scope to all sorts of geeky pop culture years ago. They haven't put out a new episodes in months, unfortunately, because Kumail and Emily are too busy being incredibly successful right now.

If you're into rpgs (the dice-rolling kind) then I enthusiastically recommend Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff. Ken and Robin are awesome.
For play session podcasts, Nerd Poker is fun. It's a bunch of great comedians getting together for roleplaying sessions.
Critical Role is also awesome. It's all the great voice actors who get all the work in video games, getting together for a weekly roleplaying session, which they livestream. Word of warning: the sessions are LOOOOOOOOOOONG. Three to five hours on average.

If you're into the Cthulhu mythos, and the stories that inspired it, then seek out The HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast.
As a matter of radio theater, there is, of course, Welcome to Night Vale.

That's about what my regular listening list consists of these days. Sometimes I pop in to catch up on Sword & Laser because I like Veronica and Tom's voices, but I don't read enough sci-fi or fantasy fiction these days to ever know what they're talking about. Sort of the same situation with You Made it Weird. I love Pete Holmes, but really only want to listen to him talk about Inside Hollywood Baseball and self-actualization and spirituality with certain people.

Looking up links has caused me to rediscover the Nerdist stuff. I forgot about a couple of podcasts I think I should listen to more often, like The Writers Panel and Nerdist Comics Panel especially now that I'm getting back into writing and comicking after a long leave of absence. Oh! And Cashing In with T.J. Miller. I just feel a little cool for being in on the T.J. Miller tip before he really blew up.

All Songs Considered.

Wow, I remember that when it was the NPR 100, now its own show, groovy as a long play record.

Some of my best friends are podcasts!
Lately I've been enjoying the Aussie-accented discussions on Mysterious Universe

Love their skeptical approach and the “voice of bigfoot” is charming. Introduced me to ASMR

Has anyone here ever listened to serial?

No, but I have been listening to “The Docket” as they review the Netflix series 'Making a Murderer'. It's most interesting in hearing the differences between the Canadian and US legal systems.

And Cashing In with T.J. Miller. I just feel a little cool for being in on the T.J. Miller tip before he really blew up.

Any chance you heard him on RBR back in the day free styling about his rims on his Focus?

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Dan's a fan of history not a historian. He does a great job making dry topics compelling – shows drop when they're done, an occasional treat.

Security Now Weekly show about the hacks and threats to the contemporary computer user. Windows and iPhone centric so I mostly just listen to hear what to warn friends about.

Scam School is just for fun, winning bar bets through simple magic. Might pick up some handy tricks to keep a room lively. Linked to the YouTube channel instead of the RSS, easier to pick from.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Huge Podcast nerd over here!

My favorites are:
RadioLab
Sword and Scale (it's equally entertaining as traumatizing)
No Sleep
The Heart

And I've been really enjoying Welcome to NightVale lately for the story telling of it.

Always looking for suggestions though.

Hey! I've recently been trying to look for new podcasts so this is awesome! I currently listen to

Lore
Cognitive Dissonance
Thank God I'm Atheist
Welcome to Night Vale

I have modern love on deck so I'm glad it's gotten good reviews!

I am absolutely obsessed with Hello Internet, have gone back and listened to them all from the beginning. Others I'm listening to are:

99% Invisible
Doug Loves Movies
Sourcefed Podcast
Serial

Welcome To Night Vale
The Infinite Monkey Cage (BBC science podcast with Robin Ince & Professor Brian Cox)
This American Life (sometimes infuriating, always interesting)
Serial (bit meh on S2 but still listen)
Slate's Serial Spoiler Podcast (helps me work through my feelings about Serial itself)
The JV Club with Janet Varney :h:
The BBC Kermode & Mayo film review aka Wittertainment (Hello to Jason Isaacs)
Nerdist Writers Panel (behind the scenes stuff fascinates me)
I also dip into WTF with Marc Maron from time to time plus many BBC news, current affairs & comedy podcasts

Sword and Scale, what's that about? Sounds like a legal analysis with perspective.

Friend turned me on to a sci-fi serial from Podiobooks. Ever tried those?

(sorry for such a late reply busy weekend)

Sword and Scale is a True Crime podcast that deals a lot with to be blunt really brutal crimes. They feature interviews/audio with detectives, medical professionals, 911 calls, and court hearings. It's all really fascinating, some of the episodes are a bit much for me because they a child abuse focused.

And I have not tried Podiobooks but will look into it now!

I have become a bit addicted to The Worst Idea of All Time Podcast. Two comedians from New Zealand, Guy Montgomery and Tim Batt, decided to watch Grown Ups 2 once a week, every week for a year. Over the course of the repeated viewings, you listen in on them kinda losing their minds. It doesn't take a lot of time for it to kick in, either, and it's incredibly entertaining. It went well enough for them that they did a second season, this time watching Sex and the City 2 once every week for an entire year. That season just wrapped up recently, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

You don't have to watch these movies to listen to the podcast. In fact, they strongly recommend that you don't.

My favorite podcast currently:
1.) Tell 'em Steve Dave
2.) Guys we fucked
3.) Get up on this (Probably the only reason I am up on anything new in the world)
4.) Fatman on Batman

Two of my all time favorite podcast, DVDASA & Having Sex with Kate Morgan no longer make new episodes but are ones I always revist. Actually If it wasn't for Having Sex with Katie Morgan, I don't think I would have discovered that it was possible to get payed to play jenga and masturbate. :giggle:

I subscribe to way too many podcasts, and listen to so very few of them, it seems.

movie related podcasts:
Doug Loves Movies - Doug Benson's trivia game show thing on movies.
Maltin on Movies - Leonard Maltin on movies, duh
How Did This Get Made? - Paul Sheer, his wife and Raffi from The League(I forget his name Mantzoukas?) on bad movies.
The Flop House - 3 guys who I forget their names, cause I have bad name memory

Just plain goofy podcasts:
Harmontown - Dan Harmon and friends just kind of jabbering on
Mike & Tom Eat Snacks - Michael Ian Black & Tom Cavanagh (Reverse Flash on Flash) eat snacks and insult each other
Talkin Toons with Rob Paulson - Rob Paulson (Pinky of Pinky and the Brain) talks to other voice actors about cartoons and stuff and he makes passes at women, or just says fuck in Pinky's voice...
Judge John Hodgman - John Hodgman takes "cases" and rules on them. usually silly stuff like "make my husband let me buy an actual couch instead of having a matress in the living room"

Science podcasts
StarTalk - Neil Degrasse Tyson, and usually Bill Nye and comedians and other scientists talking about all kinds of science
Oh No, Ross and Carrie - Ross and Carrie join cults/fringe religions and report on them, and then rate them on things like their dangerousness, their pseduoscientificness, how much money they may require etc. Really interesting. Especially their 9 part Scientology series

Video games podcasts
Play Dead - (Again, can't remember the host's name)... anyway, she talks to video game designers about the concept of death in video games. Very interesting
Legacy Music Hour - The 2 hosts play music from older video games (mostly 8/16 bit games, I believe)

Status
Not open for further replies.