AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pre Paid CC & Streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2014
So I signed up to Streamate using a Pre-Paid CC and everything seemed to be working fine. I chatted with a couple models and then did a PVT show. However some how the site allowed me to go over on what I actually had on card. I figured something was up and felt the show was going on to long so I ended it. I check the charged in my Streamate account and yup, I wen't about 5 bucks over, so about a minute over in the show.

Anyway since this is a pre paid CC and the funds aren't all there to cover the charges, what should I expect. I didn't use any real info, but I can't believe this site allows to go over your CC limit.

Anyway has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

lyons91 said:
So I signed up to Streamate using a Pre-Paid CC and everything seemed to be working fine. I chatted with a couple models and then did a PVT show. However some how the site allowed me to go over on what I actually had on card. I figured something was up and felt the show was going on to long so I ended it. I check the charged in my Streamate account and yup, I wen't about 5 bucks over, so about a minute over in the show.

Anyway since this is a pre paid CC and the funds aren't all there to cover the charges, what should I expect. I didn't use any real info, but I can't believe this site allows to go over your CC limit.

Thanks!

The way streamate works is not like a typical debit card or credit card purchase. They bill your card usually within 24-48 hours- not instantly. The earliest I have heard of a card being charged was a couple of hours. What will happen is you will have a balance owed to streamate and your account will have a hold on it until it's paid.

Reactions: lyons91
Yikes! That sounds super scammy. Great way to take advantage of impulsive guys.

Camgirl said:
lyons91 said:

Thanks!

The way streamate works is not like a typical debit card or credit card purchase. They bill your card usually within 24-48 hours- not instantly. The earliest I have heard of a card being charged was a couple of hours. What will happen is you will have a balance owed to streamate and your account will have a hold on it until it's paid.

Thanks for the reply.

So what will happen if the remainder stays unpaid? I have no problem paying what I owe, but I would need another pre paid CC. Also this seems like a terrible way to run the site.

Reactions: Nordling
Nordling said:
Oops. didn't mean to thank...oh well. lol

It's the same as if you used a debit card and went over your balance. No scam involved. Or even if you went over your credit card limit. It's up to the user to know how much he can spend.

Well of course, but I would imagine since it's a pre paid they would check the balance. Gas Stations do this, when you gas up it doesn't allow you to go over the pre paid CC balance.

Anyway I'm not saying it's scammy, just a very bad idea. I mean what would stop someone from using hundreds and not paying. Since no real information is being used.

Anyone it's looks like it's only a few cents over what is actually on the card.

Reactions: JimsX
lyons91 said:
Nordling said:

It's the same as if you used a debit card and went over your balance. No scam involved. Or even if you went over your credit card limit. It's up to the user to know how much he can spend.

Well of course, but I would imagine since it's a pre paid they would check the balance. Gas Stations do this, when you gas up it doesn't allow you to go over the pre paid CC balance.

Anyway I'm not saying it's scammy, just a very bad idea. I mean what would stop someone from using hundreds and not paying. Since no real information is being used.

Anyone it's looks like it's only a few cents over what is actually on the card.
I imagine a service station has a real human that checks each transaction. Cam sites simply don't have the resources to do that and most transactions are done by computer. I would guess they take some losses.

Nordling said:

For sure it's up to the user, but I am surprised that a cam site would be "pay as you go" (never been to that site, so this is what I am gathering from the OP). Even responsible guys could be distracted (obviously in a private lol) and go over their limits.

Disregard if I am misunderstanding. :lol:

Reactions: NicoleRiley
JimsX said:
Nordling said:

For sure it's up to the user, but I am surprised that a cam site would be "pay as you go" (never been to that site, so this is what I am gathering from the OP). Even responsible guys could be distracted (obviously in a private lol) and go over their limits.

Disregard if I am misunderstanding. :lol:
Yes, and I'm sure it happens regularly...or like when your bank randomly (it seems) freezes your account. This happened to me on SM. Once I set the bank straight and told SM to go ahead and recharge, all was well. Anyone who did this to scam SM would only get to do it once.

Reactions: JimsX
As far as I am aware (someone with more knowledge on this feel free to correct me) there is a limit on spending - whether this is set by the streamate itself (similar to MFC having limits on token purchases) or by individual banks I am not sure but I have had exclusive chats end abruptly due to a "limit" being reached so I am pretty sure there are checks in place to curb spending somewhat...

graciereilly said:
As far as I am aware (someone with more knowledge on this feel free to correct me) there is a limit on spending - whether this is set by the streamate itself (similar to MFC having limits on token purchases) or by individual banks I am not sure but I have had exclusive chats end abruptly due to a "limit" being reached so I am pretty sure there are checks in place to curb spending somewhat...
I THINK you can extend the limit if you ask support to. But yes, a few guys have had a private stop mid-show with me because they hit the limit.

PlayboyMegan said:
graciereilly said:
I THINK you can extend the limit if you ask support to. But yes, a few guys have had a private stop mid-show with me because they hit the limit.

Yup. Ditto. I never knew if they were extending their limit with support or their card company but I have had guys come back a short time later to finish up the exclusive after upping their limit :)

Reactions: Nordling and JimsX
Status
Not open for further replies.