AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pre-Paid Credit Cards & MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
MFC won't accept them because they can't verify your age. HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT! You can perv all day on the shows in free chat, but how dare you try to tip a model... :naughty:

I'm currently on a unsecure network, so figured that would be the best way to buy tokens...NOT!

Oh, and there's no way to use your CC over the phone either, it has to be via computer.

really? i swore I heard of guys using prepaid cards to buy tokens. Once you're premium, what does it matter what type of credit card you use? You are already verified.

I know that some cards can generate temporary card numbers for security reasons. My bank's VISA allows that. Have you looked into that?

barman07 said:
really? i swore I heard of guys using prepaid cards to buy tokens. Once you're premium, what does it matter what type of credit card you use? You are already verified.

Apparently not, maybe new security measures? I dunno.

barman07 said:
I know that some cards can generate temporary card numbers for security reasons. My bank's VISA allows that. Have you looked into that?

Not worth the hassle just to jump through MFC's hoops, F'em! No offense ladies. ;)

I wonder, how does MFC know if a credit card number is pre-paid or not?

bawksy said:
I'm wonderin' da same teeeng.

Cassidy Nicole said:
When I was on MFC a lot of guys said they used pre-paid cards or like visa gift cards.. did they change something recently?

I heard they work too, which is why I bought the damn thing. I can now assure you that the pre-paid Visa I bought does NOT work with MFC. I called netbilling and they said it's because they can't verify age with them, as if MFC gives a rip about under aged viewers.

AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:

There is no personal info available on pre-paid cards, I'm guessin'.

I've used them. I asked MFC what I could do to use it and they just said to put my info like I would with the CC, but with the pre paid card number instead. I've never had a problem doing it.

AmberCutie said:
bawksy said:

I believe it has something to do with the numbering of the card itself... For example, Mastercards tend to start with a 5. VISA tends to start with 4, AMEX tends to start with 3...

As well, the structure of the number itself denotes certain things. Example, certain digits denote the bank institution, or the account number, type of card, etc.

The prepaid cards could be similar, which is probably how they can spot the difference. Besides that, there usually isn't any information tied to a prepaid card the same way there is to a credit card (which tends to have a bunch of other information tied in to it).

also seems to sometimes depend on the card, I used to pay for a WoW addon monthly back when I played and some prepaid cards would work through paypal and some wouldn't it was a real hassle.
And they know cos when they try to process the transaction it returns various info about the cardholder and card like obviously that the expiry and cv2 match but then also what bank issued it etc etc...and chances are if issued by a certain bank it trips something that denies it.
I think a lot of the prepaid cards are issued in the bahamas (tax havens) if that has anything to do with it.

I have successfully used prepaid VISA cards on MFC as well. Some of them did require I register online with my name, address, birthday, phone etc. I also wonder if it matters which processor you choose for your purchase.

I got a reply saying that a pre-paid credit card works but I should use my own info when making purchases. Gonna give a try with my VTM.

I know of two hurdles with pre-paid cards.

1) (already mentioned in other posts) You likely have to use the pre-paid vendor's on-line registration to associate contact information with the card. Most on-line credit card validation in the US only only uses the card info (#, expiration, cv2) and the postal (zip) code of the contact. If the pre-paid card has not been registered via the vendor's system, there is no zip attached to it.

2) Location of the payment processor. Epoch and many on-line payment processors actually process the transaction through international banks (outside the US). Most pre-paid card vendors don't allow their cards to be processed through foreign payment networks. So, if Epoch, netbilling, etc. are processing transactions through, say, Gibraltar, the transaction will be declined when the user attempts to make a purchase.

You either have to use a payment processor that uses US banks to process the payment, or you have to convert the anonymous pre-paid card into an actual pay-as-you-go pre-paid card that is linked to a real person. Most banks offering such services (converting a "gift" pre-paid card into a continuous-use, pay-as-you-go, card) support international payment processing for such cards.

There are likely other potential issues depending on the card issuer, payment processor, etc., but those are the major two of which I am aware.

Ttfn!

Status
Not open for further replies.