AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Premiums: How do you feel about guests/basics talking?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Premiums: Does it bother you when a model lets guests/basics talk?

• Yes-if they don't pay at least $20 to become a premium, they shouldn't have the right to speak.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Only if they get out of control with begging/being rude

Votes: 65 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering how you feel about guests/basics being able to talk. I usually let them speak at first and just ban them individually or mute all of them only if they are being out of control with begging/rudeness. Sometimes I have a quiet room and they help liven up the room as long as they are being pleasant. But I was wondering if this could possibly be scaring away premiums from tipping me? Thanks for your input.

In general, I mute them all from the jump, so models allowing them to talk or not has no effect on my chat experience. I don't mind if a model lets that lot speak for a bit, as long as she controls them. KayleePond does a nice job of this with her rules and the strike system she has in effect.

I know you're asking premiums, not fellow models, but I would like to add that to me there's a big difference between guests and basics. guests overall feel even more anonymous and in my experience 98% is being a bitch. whereas with basics I'm thinking only a relative small percentage is actually trolling, nagging or being a jerk. (relative being the keyword)

(on a personal note, I never mute basics, I always mute guests. A few of my trusty regulars were basics when they first found me, and had I not giving them a change to share with me and the room, they would not have stuck around, and one day they and their tokens move on to other models, the circle of MFC)

When I join a room and see a bunch of guest/basic chat there's a 90% chance i'm leaving instantly. I go on mfc for the social aspect and to hangout and tip models for taking their time and attention, so when I see non-paying members getting this for free I definitely would not tip. Same could be said for premiums who don't buy tokens but at least they've spent something in the past.

As a model going into a room as a member I am probably biased because I instantly find them annoying. Most of the time when basics and guests chat there is just too much inane chat. Those people aren't going to be tipping (or at least for the time being) so you end up getting a situation where a bunch of non tippers start dominating the chat which definitely can feel alienating to actual tipping members. It's much harder to control the chat so you are much more likely to get the odd trolling or rude comment, these are people who haven't invested in their account more than perhaps an e-mail address.

I can understand in a very quiet room it's good to allow them to chat, but in a room where there are several people talking then there's no need. I find it extremely annoying when a model isn't controlling her room even if it's premiums talking and with guests and basics chatting it's much more likely for the room to be out of control. It also feels messy with all the different types of chat and I don't know... Less exclusive.

I think it may be because I'm a model though that I already have that pre-irritation. I've not lurked around mfc enough to see a room where it really works so for me I'd say it's an instant turn off. I didn't vote on the poll because I feel I'm too biased being a model and would like to see what comes from members.

I've heard "I became a premium so I could chat" far too many times to allow them the privilege. Also, it's a security risk allowing guests to talk...

guest72348: OMG I went to school with you! Jane Smith, right? Middletown High?! We were in Blurting-Shit-Out class together!

I mean, yes, that is a risk in general, but I don't think a random passerby who recognizes you is likely to sign up and become a premium just to say that. That's the sort of thing someone would say without thinking.

I am sort of on the fence here. I honestly think it depends on the girl.

Some girls like Sophia Locke mute them but then have fun with them by banning and playing games. Others enjoy their conversation and some can be really nice and thoughtful.

I think for me guest is way more acceptable than basic. Guest are just anonymous people. Basics are people who have taken the time to fill out their information and create an account but not spend the $20 to tip a girl. I know it's a cam site but this is a ladies job and if you can't be bothered to get some tokens to show your appreciation you don't deserve to talk to her either.

I honestly feel like basics are taking advantage of the system and some people are ok with that but in general the conversation in the rooms is better when premium members can chat freely without basics and guests muddling the water.

I also think that aside from Basics...Bloobs are the bigger offenders. Those idiots who do pay the 20 bucks but act so socially reprehensible that they should have stayed basic.

I became a premium member because of a model who allowed basics and guests to talk. I got to know her, she got my first batch of tokens when i became premium. I think it's a delicate balance within the chat room experience. Remember that douchebaggery is NOT limited to the guest and basic crowd. From a member perspective, guests and basics do not bother me until they start being rude or otherwise causing a disruption. Disruptions generally have a negative impact on the feel and flow of chat and in so the overall experience with the model who hosts the room.

Problem members or guests seem to escalate with the model's popularity. Whether the popularity be via camscore, public show content, or by room population; the more popular the room, the higher the chances and the more likely to run into problem members in chat (even premiums).

There's probably more I can say but I gotta get back to doing geeky things,

Hope this is helpful to anybody,

Moros

I don't mind it, as long as the room isn't too busy and the model is willing to ban or mute if things get out of hand. Particularly if the room count is 30 or below, a friendly basic or even guest who helps keep conversation going is better than all of the premiums who also will never tip and sit there silently. It seems like there are too many premiums who want to watch silently like it's a TV show or who won't say anything because that would add pressure to tip.

I'm normally online early in the morning for people who live in America, who used to be 90% of my tippers. For the past year of been trying to build up a new base of regulars and for the first few months, it was like pulling teeth just to get someone to talk to me. I even allowed basics and guests talk! I often found myself awkwardly talking to myself or dancing.

Occasionally I'd have a hilarious/interesting basic who would chat with me and then I'd forget about him. Sometimes he would show up days or weeks later saying I was the reason they became a premium and that he spent his first tokens on me. This happened only about 3 times, but it still made me feel nice. Other basics/guests, who ask me questions that are answered on my profile, I don't respond to them and those who tell me to do things, ie "shows bobs bb," I ban them. And when I just get overwhelmed with too much nonsense, I just mute them all.

When I had these dead, awkward periods, it was nice to have just ANYONE to chat with. It helped showcase my personality to any potential tippers who were just too shy to talk to me. I think personality goes a long way on MFC. One of my most faithful regulars, originally thought I looked stuck up. If he never heard me open my mouth, he would of never stuck around.

Nowadays, my room is a little bit more crowded so the overwhelming nonsense happens pretty early on and I'm forced to mute the basic/guests. But to be fair, I've never had a trolling guest or basic, just the annoying horny ones. All the extremely rude people in my room have been premium members.

I think it is up to the model to run her room how she wants. We all have the ability to mutual guests, basics, and any premium member that we don't wish to see. If they bother you, then mute them. If the model wants them in her room and she can handle them, that's fine. If you as a member doesn't want to see them, then you mute them yourself.

Personally, I have guests and basics muted, along with a fair list of ignored premiums. So it really doesn't matter to me what a model does with guests and basics, I can't see them anyway.

JohnnyAb said:
I think it is up to the model to run her room how she wants. We all have the ability to mutual guests, basics, and any premium member that we don't wish to see. If they bother you, then mute them. If the model wants them in her room and she can handle them, that's fine. If you as a member doesn't want to see them, then you mute them yourself.

Personally, I have guests and basics muted, along with a fair list of ignored premiums. So it really doesn't matter to me what a model does with guests and basics, I can't see them anyway.
While I am not around MFC that much anymore this is pretty much how I felt as well. I would respect the models decision on how she runs her room I can either deal with it or leave.

I would say that 95% of models that I frequent will immediately turn off guests/basics upon logging in. In rooms when that doesn't happen, I find most of the guest/basic banter to be pointless and often rude.

I really don't think that 20.00 US is not too much to ask of someone to be able to interact (at least on a chatting level) with a live, attractive model for the life of your membership.

Cheers
Butch

i personally block both, the few times i haven't it was usually ruined by a disrespectful 1 or the other.I have no preference to what a
model chooses for her room and as she is in control and if done right it can lead to Basics as i once was to sign up and participate
in a intelligent/classy/naughty convo depending on the model's preference.

While I certainly agree that models wishes on how to run their room should be respected, I personally don't hang long when Basics and/or guests are given blathering privileges. (well except for SophiaLocke...love how she handles the issue) As for incentive to become a premium, my incentive was that a model I thought would be cool to chat with, didn't allow guests to post...so I became a premium. :)

Cougr said:
it can lead to Basics ... to sign up and participate
But this argument could go either way.

On one hand we have people saying "if a guest/basic wants to participate in said intelligent/classy/naughty convo they will be encouraged to pony up the $20 and go premium".

On the other hand we have people saying "if a guest/basic is enjoying the intelligent/classy/naughty convo they will pony up the $20 to show their appreciation for it"... but in this scenario, what would stop them from just continuing as a basic if they already have the perks?

I'm of the mindset that there needs to be some incentive for guests/basics to pay for their premium membership, and a big one of those incentives is not being muted in bulk with the rest of the guests/basics. If they are already enjoying that privilege they have less incentive.

It has never bothered me that a model allows basics or guests to talk, every premium has at one time been both. It took me many years to become a paying member, but only took two models and one day for me to make that decision. Personally models who can convert guests/ basics to premium members are the super stars of the camming world, every other model should thank them. I suspect such superstars allow restricted/ occassional talk, there should always be incentive to join.

I should add that camming always changes, it was different when I joined.

AmberCutie said:
Cougr said:
it can lead to Basics ... to sign up and participate
But this argument could go either way.

On one hand we have people saying "if a guest/basic wants to participate in said intelligent/classy/naughty convo they will be encouraged to pony up the $20 and go premium".

On the other hand we have people saying "if a guest/basic is enjoying the intelligent/classy/naughty convo they will pony up the $20 to show their appreciation for it"... but in this scenario, what would stop them from just continuing as a basic if they already have the perks?

I'm of the mindset that there needs to be some incentive for guests/basics to pay for their premium membership, and a big one of those incentives is not being muted in bulk with the rest of the guests/basics. If they are already enjoying that privilege they have less incentive.
WildFingers said:
JohnnyAb said:
I think it is up to the model to run her room how she wants.

I could not have said it any better.
:clap:
I agree with JohnnyAB, ZenHedonist and Wildfingers. I too have basics and guests muted myself, as well as a number of premium people.
I also agree with AmberCutie. It's up to the model. I became a premium because of AmberCutie, it didn't matter if I could talk or not. I liked her and her room and I wanted to contribute to her success by tipping.

I keep guests/basics open til premiums are chatting with me regularly. There's just zero way I will sign on and feel good about my night if I don't have at least a conversation going. Basics and guests do help that. As soon as someone says something stupid or there are a good amount of premiums chatting, I get rid of them.... with an offer. If you go premium and spend your first 200 tokens on me, I will give you 1 mo of my website.. (100 tokens off)

Annnd no one has taken me up on this offer. Basics be basics.

AmberCutie said:
Cougr said:

My attitude also.

It seems to me there are two reasons to not mute basic.

1. During a "ban the basic game", so they can entertain us with their pathetic explanation of why in their 1,2,3,4,5 years of being basics they couldn't spare $20 to upgrade.

2. In a room with ~:h:0 viewers and nobody talking so the model doesn't go crazy talking to herself with no response.

I don't have basic on ignore, because for the models who don't mute them I feel like I'm missing the room conversation. Now admittedly most of the time missing basic conversation isn't a loss. "bb show feet/asshole"

I don't mind room where guests and basics are allowed to talk and it has never prevented me from tipping. A exception would be where the model gives up control and allows them to abuse her or monopolize the room. In that case I would just leave. I only see that happen in new model rooms.

It depends on how well a model reads her room. If the Guests and Basics are just background noise, basically, and she doesn't let them get out of hand, then I have no problem. If they start being assholes and she doesn't mute them, I'll bail. I think it's fine to give them a chance--I've seen perfectly nice basics enjoying the chat, and some are even prompted to become premiums because of that. I know everybody hates it when people bring this up, but it is My*free*cams, and the way I take that is that you can take the site for a free test-drive, which includes chatting, but if you want the perks you have to pay.

I do think more models should do the "if you become a premium and tip me your first 200 tokens, you'll get x" game. It always seems to get a few basics to come over to the other side and it's 200 tokens you wouldn't otherwise get.

Yossarian, I was actually thinking about doing that-I've heard of other models doing it too. I was thinking of offering pics and/or videos to basics who convert to premium and spend their first 200 tokens on me.

Reactions: yossarian
I like to give the basics the benefit of the doubt; at least they have the motivation to actually make an account. Also half the basics type stuff out stupidly funny stuff it kinda-sorta adds to the room. I wouldn't care if they get muted, especially when they're doing nothing but begging.

As for guests? HA! Hell No. If they're too lazy to make an account then fuck them. IMO, letting guests even having the privilege to chat should have been phased out a long time ago. 99% of the models just mute 'em anyway and I never leave them off mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.