AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Preventing Chaturbate Followers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
On a whim I looked at my profile page on CB a few nights ago, and was floored to see that I had in excess of 30 followers. I am not a model/broadcaster, just a spending member. Some of the followers were legitimate Models that I have tipped in the past(and have reciprocally followed), but the majority of them are either models with whom I have never interacted with, or are spam accounts with advertisements for other sites in their bio's. So, I proceeded to block those who I have never visited, along with the obvious spam accounts. Tonight I spent an hour or so tipping and chatting with a few of my favorites, and before logging off I checked my profile and there were 4 new followers in my already pruned list....wtf?

I know the site uses push notifications to let members know when one of their followed models come online, and I've always assumed that models get a notification also when a member that they've followed comes online. But the part of this whole "follower" process that I don't understand, is that a model cannot contact a non-broadcasting member, even if they have them followed, so what, exactly, is the benefit of the follower function for models who decide to follow a member?

Also, anyone know how the legitimate models, with whom I have never visited, tipped or interacted with, are able to follow me? Are these models just hanging out in other models rooms just so they can follow a purple member?...and to what end are they doing this?

Lastly, is their a way to prevent people from following a non-broadcasting account?

I know the site uses push notifications to let members know when one of their followed models come online, and I've always assumed that models get a notification also when a member that they've followed comes online. But the part of this whole "follower" process that I don't understand, is that a model cannot contact a non-broadcasting member, even if they have them followed, so what, exactly, is the benefit of the follower function for models who decide to follow a member?

Also, anyone know how the legitimate models, with whom I have never visited, tipped or interacted with, are able to follow me? Are these models just hanging out in other models rooms just so they can follow a purple member?...and to what end are they doing this?

Notifications are controlled by models, meaning they have to send them out manually when they go live. No one will be notified if you are online. Only way to prevent followers is to put a password on your room. It's most likely studios following multiple accounts in hopes that regular users will notice and check out the models who are following them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lucid1
Upvote 0
Notifications are controlled by models, meaning they have to send them out manually when they go live. No one will be notified if you are online. Only way to prevent followers is to put a password on your room. It's most likely studios following multiple accounts in hopes that regular users will notice and check out the models who are following them.

If I understand you correctly, a model will not receive a notification when I come online as a non-broadcasting member, but they can still see that I am online if they check their "followed" tab, like dark_mermaid seems to indicate above??

Upvote 0
If I understand you correctly, a model will not receive a notification when I come online as a non-broadcasting member, but they can still see that I am online if they check their "followed" tab, like dark_mermaid seems to indicate above??
No, they will only see you are online if you are broadcasting.

Upvote 0
Ok, so since I am a non-broadcasting member, how are these models able to "follow" me if I have never been in their rooms? Are they simply trolling other models rooms and clicking on my name inside that room?

Reactions: ImthatguyAngel65
Upvote 0
The only difference between a member and a model is the ability to be tipped in Chaturbate...
They can tip on your name in other rooms when you're offline or see your cam on site wall when you broadcast.
You'll see many sud American models following viewers who broadcast or tip elsewhere. This intending to go in your room and appeal you when possible ;)

It means that you appear on the site wall. Check this is set to 'no' or put a password on your room, and it won't happen so much.
Also in your follower list, you can 'delete follower' and also 'block follower' (the gear icon)

The password is the soluce in any case, it block also access to your profile and ability to follow :/

1588067098160.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lucid1
Upvote 0
The only difference between a member and a model is the ability to be tipped in Chaturbate...
They can tip on your name in other rooms when you're offline or see your cam on site wall when you broadcast.
You'll see many sud American models following viewers who broadcast or tip elsewhere. This intending to go in your room and appeal you when possible ;)

It means that you appear on the site wall. Check this is set to 'no' or put a password on your room, and it won't happen so much.
Also in your follower list, you can 'delete follower' and also 'block follower' (the gear icon)

The password is the soluce in any case, it block also access to your profile and ability to follow :/

Never thought to check my "broadcaster" settings. Many thanks for the info to both you and Nigerian. It does seem to be mostly South American models who are doing this now that I've went back and looked.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
On a whim I looked at my profile page on CB a few nights ago, and was floored to see that I had in excess of 30 followers. I am not a model/broadcaster, just a spending member. Some of the followers were legitimate Models that I have tipped in the past(and have reciprocally followed), but the majority of them are either models with whom I have never interacted with, or are spam accounts with advertisements for other sites in their bio's. So, I proceeded to block those who I have never visited, along with the obvious spam accounts. Tonight I spent an hour or so tipping and chatting with a few of my favorites, and before logging off I checked my profile and there were 4 new followers in my already pruned list....wtf?

It is just robo marketing where some studio has written software to auto-follow members they find in every room they scan.

I clean that stuff off my profile constantly. I only want models I really like following me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.