AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Preview Window?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Spent quite a while on CB last night just surfing rooms and something odd is happening with the room preview window(for me at least).

Some models rooms will spawn the preview window when I leave the room, while others don't. It seems that this preview image actually locks you into the models room as a "viewing member" until you actually close the preview image itself. I know it's probably a designed feature to lock a user in like this, but after experimenting around with it for a while, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which models rooms will generate this preview image, or which ones won't.

Anyone else experience this or have any insight on how it's 'supposed' to work?

I'll try to explain:

If a member is in a model's room, when they navigate away from the models room back to the main page, a preview window(of the models room they were just in) will open up in the bottom right of my page. Apparently it is a recent feature addition that allows members to browse the site without actually leaving the models room. If you look at the text of the preview window, it clearly says you are "watching model X". (see screenshot)

preview.jpg

Only when the member clicks on another models room(or another site link) do they leave the models room in the preview window. While this preview window is open, the member is still being counted as a viewer in the models room count. I guess this is to benefit a model somehow if a member wants to browse other thumbnails on one of the other pages, which I often do, but I was unaware that I was still being considered a viewer in the preview models room count, since I thought I had left her room.

The issue is that not all models are generating this preview image, thereby not keeping me in their room counts. So they receive no benefit from what this new feature is supposed(?) to provide.

Upvote 0
Mine does this too. It's a "feature". Under "Options" look for "Enable Floating Player". If you uncheck the box, you don't get the image at the lower right. Not sure why you would get this sometimes but not for everyone.

1602509719291.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I'll try to explain:

If a member is in a model's room, when they navigate away from the models room back to the main page, a preview window(of the models room they were just in) will open up in the bottom right of my page. Apparently it is a recent feature addition that allows members to browse the site without actually leaving the models room. If you look at the text of the preview window, it clearly says you are "watching model X". (see screenshot)

View attachment 85799

Only when the member clicks on another models room(or another site link) do they leave the models room in the preview window. While this preview window is open, the member is still being counted as a viewer in the models room count. I guess this is to benefit a model somehow if a member wants to browse other thumbnails on one of the other pages, which I often do, but I was unaware that I was still being considered a viewer in the preview models room count, since I thought I had left her room.

The issue is that not all models are generating this preview image, thereby not keeping me in their room counts. So they receive no benefit from what this new feature is supposed(?) to provide.

Well I do know it seems to depend on where you go, but if you are going to the main page every time and its only working sometimes then I don't know, I don't think i've noticed that before.

Upvote 0
For future reference/note: it's called "Picture in Picture". Although CB has given it the name "FLoating Player". Which does also make more sense, and it makes it more "understandable" being that on a camsite, or at least I can see why they call it that instead of "Picture in Picture".

Upvote 0
I just ran two instances of Firefox. On one I was logged in under my main account. On the other I was logged in with a grey account. I visited the same room with both instances. I then went to my "follow" tab to force the preview window on the instance where my main account was logged in. I then waited 10 minutes. I then checked the user list on the instance where my grey account was logged in. I could still see my main account. I then closed the 'preview video window' and about 2 min later my main account timed-out of the room.

I can 100% confirm that when you are previewing a broadcaster with the floating player that you do indeed stay in their room and add to their user count.

Cheers,
cexmental

Upvote 0
I just ran two instances of Firefox. On one I was logged in under my main account. On the other I was logged in with a grey account. I visited the same room with both instances. I then went to my "follow" tab to force the preview window on the instance where my main account was logged in. I then waited 10 minutes. I then checked the user list on the instance where my grey account was logged in. I could still see my main account. I then closed the 'preview video window' and about 2 min later my main account timed-out of the room.

I can 100% confirm that when you are previewing a broadcaster with the floating player that you do indeed stay in their room and add to their user count.

Cheers,
cexmental

Interesting. Does this only apply to the most recent room you’ve visited or can it be multiple? Like if you’ve got the floating window already, but navigate to a new model’s room, do you remain in the previous model’s room as well, or does the more recent model take over?

Upvote 0
Is it possible that the reason you think it only stays open for some models, is that you exit the rooms differently?

I noticed that when I exit a room by clicking on 'Featured' or 'Female' or one of the links in that row it stays open. If I exit by hitting the back button on the browser, or clicking a tag it doesn't

Upvote 0
Is it possible that the reason you think it only stays open for some models, is that you exit the rooms differently?

I noticed that when I exit a room by clicking on 'Featured' or 'Female' or one of the links in that row it stays open. If I exit by hitting the back button on the browser, or clicking a tag it doesn't

I have not yet tested this possibility, but if this is true, it would bring into question the whole purpose and benefit that this feature would have, and for who there is supposed to be a benefit. How would a member know there is an 'incorrect' way to navigate the site to prevent him/herself from leaving one of their favorite models rooms and causing possible confusion for both the model and the member?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.