AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private show prices.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
I am new to camming and haven't started any private shows yet but a lot of viewers are asking for them. What do you think is a acceptable price for a new fairly inexperienced model?. Do you base your prices on followers?.

I think you should base your prices on what you are comfortable with, and the quality of the show you are putting on. And that is more about your equipment than your "experience." Are you streaming with a fast reliable connection, on a great camera in HD, using a good mic, with excellent lighting? Lots of factors to consider.

If you are putting vanilla shows on, I don't think experience really has much to do with it. Milk that new performer thing while you've got it, why should it be a disadvantage? The only time I feel experience has an impact is when you are learning something new, like trying out a new fetish/kink thing and you need a willing victim to be your guinea pig or something. 😂 I have not done this myself but I've seen some performers talk about doing so and I suppose that makes sense if that is what you feel like doing.

I am new to camming and haven't started any private shows yet but a lot of viewers are asking for them. What do you think is a acceptable price for a new fairly inexperienced model?. Do you base your prices on followers?.
I base my price on place in page, 3 years ago when I was on top of the first page I used to have 120tk/ min, now I m still on first page but down so I go with 90tk/min but first year when I start camming I had 18 or 30 tk/ minute ( 18 with no toys and beginner english ). Good luck 🤗

I base my price on place in page, 3 years ago when I was on top of the first page I used to have 120tk/ min, now I m still on first page but down so I go with 90tk/min but first year when I start camming I had 18 or 30 tk/ minute ( 18 with no toys and beginner english ). Good luck 🤗
This was going to be my next question. I wanted to charge less for guys who just wanted to chat but more for a sexy show. I presumably would just change it in the settings before the show starts?.

It's difficult to know what page I am on as I have blocked my region. I thought the page came with viewers but it seems a bit messed up with people with no viewers on page 2 and more further on later pages.

I think you should base your prices on what you are comfortable with, and the quality of the show you are putting on. And that is more about your equipment than your "experience." Are you streaming with a fast reliable connection, on a great camera in HD, using a good mic, with excellent lighting? Lots of factors to consider.

If you are putting vanilla shows on, I don't think experience really has much to do with it. Milk that new performer thing while you've got it, why should it be a disadvantage? The only time I feel experience has an impact is when you are learning something new, like trying out a new fetish/kink thing and you need a willing victim to be your guinea pig or something. 😂 I have not done this myself but I've seen some performers talk about doing so and I suppose that makes sense if that is what you feel like doing.
The viewers keep pushing for privates but I have said I am going to wait until I upgrade the equipment. Do you class vanilla shows as no insertion of toys?. I have contacted the ex last weekend and he his going to be my 'victim'. He jumped at the chance as you can imagine. He seemed to know rather a lot about it and I have a feeling he was a viewer a lot longing than he let on 😂.

This was going to be my next question. I wanted to charge less for guys who just wanted to chat but more for a sexy show. I presumably would just change it in the settings before the show starts?.
Just a viewer, maybe you could have a base charge for all privates, but clearly state that it only covers chat and that any action during the private is tip based. I know some of the tip menu bots gives you the option of switching between 2 different menus, you could have one for public shows, then switch to another during privates.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
vanilla shows
When I said vanilla, I just meant regular whatever sexy stuff, nothing that requires further knowledge than you already have. Like kinky shit you might not be fully schooled on but want to experiment with or something, maybe that is the time to offer a discounted rate since you are still educating yourself and getting your bearings. It is my personal opinion that no one needs "experience" to put on a sexy show, dancing around, stripping, teasing, masturbating however you like. That stuff, you don't need to learn how to do to charge what you want! So I think it's fair to charge whatever you please for that. You already know how to be your hot self!

That's a lucky ex, he better appreciate the privilege. 😂

Guys will most likely try to persuade you to do more and more stuff too in the private shows, more so because you're new/inexperienced, so make sure you have boundaries for what you will and won't want to do or try and don't be scared about telling them no, and then ending the private show.

Keep in mind that if you start off with your private show prices at the LOWEST (6tks per min on CB) then that will attract those exact type of people, the ones wanting and expecting the world, plus it will set you up for possible failure in the future for continued private shows.
What I mean by this exactly is, seeing from experience with plenty of models, they start the first XX months or years with the price set to 6 per minute, they now have a decent following, everyone takes her into a PVT show BECAUSE she is so cheap, now she changes the price to 12 or 18 because she has finally realised she is giving too much way too cheap (and even 12 or 18 is, but she is too scared to go higher because it was always 6tk), these guys come and see the increase of price for the first time, then try to get the model to put the price back down "because bb I'm a regular and I love your shows", of course, she stands her ground and tells them no, they leave and don't come back. Now you potentially lose all source of income.

Many times I have seen this happen with models and now they lost all regulars, and income (or mostly) and they then sadly HAVE to put the price back down.
Whereas if you set the price higher to start, you shouldn't attract those kinds of cheap people which means your follower base will (or hopefully) be different and appreciate you more (because they are spending more money)

If you do set different prices depending on whether or not it's Chat = Cheaper and Sexual = More, always be clear about that. Ask them what they are wanting, then tell them.

I'd say start off at 60, unless you have a decent audience then try higher. Also keep in mind that it's better to try out a higher rate and lower it then to do the reverse, because people will question why you are suddenly raising your prices.

The amount of followers shouldn't be a factor in your pricing, what you need to consider is how many tks per minute will make it worth your time to be out of public view for the length of a Pvt show.

When it comes to having different prices for different things, I would also consider that you won't have as many spies in a Pvt with someone who's just looking to chat, so keep that in mind when pricing.

I'd say start off at 60, unless you have a decent audience then try higher. Also keep in mind that it's better to try out a higher rate and lower it then to do the reverse, because people will question why you are suddenly raising your prices.

The amount of followers shouldn't be a factor in your pricing, what you need to consider is how many tks per minute will make it worth your time to be out of public view for the length of a Pvt show.

When it comes to having different prices for different things, I would also consider that you won't have as many spies in a Pvt with someone who's just looking to chat, so keep that in mind when pricing.

This. On MyFreeCams the private show rate is set at 60 tokens/minute (80 tokens/minute for "true private"), and that's how I would price it on a different cam site. I don't believe in this "Lower your rates because of the pandemic and people struggling!" b.s. that some men like to tell models. Better borrow $75-$100 from The Dave app then, bruh. Lol.

The only way I could see myself charging less than 60 tokens/minute (or $6/minute) is if it's an indie site such as SkyPrivate...where the norm seems to be around $3 or $4/minute (where models get a much higher percentage).

I was thinking starting at 30tkns then raising it to 60tkns but that seems too low then?. A few have said they prefer inexperienced models so I suppose it could go either way and they know I am new when they book. That was a good point about starting low and raising your prices would mean finding a new audience again.

It's risky taking a private because it clears your room and doesn't allow others to find you. When you're still trying to build your room, visibility is extremely important. While you are guaranteed cash, it is "quick" money and not sustainable money. Yes, you might have the same person spend x amount on you every week, but building a solid clientele base is crucial for long term success. Finding the right balance between privates and public can be difficult on token sites. (I'm assuming that what I've written doesn't really apply to private based sites, such as SM.) I recommend not taking a private until you're already considering logging off. At least for now while you're still trying to build your room. You could also take one as soon as you log on.

I charge 90tk/min, have a 10 minute minimum and have had zero complaints about my prices. Back when I was super new, I charged 60tk/min, but required a 500 token tip ahead of time. This is too messy imo, so I just raised my rates and set a minimum time. I also don't ever allow spying. All my privates are exclusive and I treat them as I did the VIP room at a strip club. If you're open to allowing spying, then 60tk/min is pretty standard.

As Mollie said above, "experience" is irrelevant. People are interested in you and having one on one time with you. It doesn't matter if they want to chat or if they want something sexier. They have you all to themselves and you should be compensated for that time. Don't feel like "oh, well he just wants to chat about life so he should pay less" No bb, he is taking your time and that's what he is choosing to do with that time. Additionally, what if he decides that he does want something sexier while he's chatting with you? Interrupting the vibe and flow with telling him that he needs to pay extra for x thing or having a separate tip menu is incredibly unsexy and will kill moods. Have a high enough rate to where you feel comfortable doing everything that is within your boundaries.

A few have said they prefer inexperienced models

I bet they do. This is a red flag to me. Might be fine, but this screams "I like to take advantage of newbies" and feels predatory af. Do take care with these people and don't let them pressure you into doing things you don't want to do. People will try to push your boundaries. Remain firm, but you can also do it sexily. "Sorry, I don't do x, but I can do y" said in a sexy voice while you do y. If they don't respect you, refuse to do privates with them in the future and maybe even ban depending on how you feel.

. Don't feel like "oh, well he just wants to chat about life so he should pay less" No bb, he is taking your time and that's what he is choosing to do with that time.
This ^^^^^^.
To be frank, when you get the ones with all the life problems who wanna talk about their recent break-up or their problems with their wife, I'd rather do a straight sex show anyways. I'm always tempted to charge those guys more, not less! Or the ones who want to try to have a conversation where they push boundaries and fish for personal information all the time. Again, to me, that's more exhausting than a simple JOI session, or something more directly related to nudity and masturbation.

If it's just a decent, funny, or interesting conversation sure, but that time could have been spent doing a sex show, so charging less is not something that makes sense to me. At least the same amount, so as not to screw yourself over.

Lol, for all you know those "talking" guys could come here and start one of those threads where they say "we only talked, she never did anything sexual, she charged me less than others. Am I crazy to think she might be in Love w me? I'm thinking of having her face tattoed on my penis tomorrow, what do you guys think?".

Dude, you never know what goes or is going to go through people's minds.

Last edited:
I bet they do. This is a red flag to me. Might be fine, but this screams "I like to take advantage of newbies" and feels predatory af. Do take care with these people and don't let them pressure you into doing things you don't want to do. People will try to push your boundaries. Remain firm, but you can also do it sexily. "Sorry, I don't do x, but I can do y" said in a sexy voice while you do y. If they don't respect you, refuse to do privates with them in the future and maybe even ban depending on how you feel.
so when I did go to camsites, I enjoyed newbies cus they felt more authenthic than a model who had done it for a long time. Had nothing to do with beeing predatory. Just felt that I had more fun together with new models. And usually would spend many hours just chit chating about different things before anything sexual. Also a new model hasent heard the same stories a 100 times so they feel more engaged. Might be i ran into the wrong experience models though idk

so when I did go to camsites, I enjoyed newbies cus they felt more authenthic than a model who had done it for a long time. Had nothing to do with beeing predatory. Just felt that I had more fun together with new models. And usually would spend many hours just chit chating about different things before anything sexual. Also a new model hasent heard the same stories a 100 times so they feel more engaged. Might be i ran into the wrong experience models though idk
Lmfao why do you think they were chatting with you forever, because they were hoping some money would come out of it, and were too scared to draw a boundary with you 😆 Authentic? Hahahahahahaha. Sorry man.
I do appreciate that that is the funniest shit I've read all day though.

You just pretty much defined predatory time-wasting.

Last edited:
Lmfao why do you think they were chatting with you forever, because they were hoping some money would come out of it, and were too scared to draw a boundary with you 😆 Authentic? Hahahahahahaha. Sorry man.
I do appreciate that that is the funniest shit I've read all day though.

You just pretty much defined predatory time wasting.
Ofcourse they where hoping money come out of it duh, id assume that 99.99999% cam purely for money. I didnt haggle prices, didnt ask for stuff they didn't do or wasent comfortable with. But sure in some way both members and models exploit eachother i guess..also when I said chit chat for many hours u was talking about in private ofcourse. Calling that predatory time wasting. Then everything is. But ill assume u thought I ment in free chat

This ^^^^^^.
To be frank, when you get the ones with all the life problems who wanna talk about their recent break-up or their problems with their wife, I'd rather do a straight sex show anyways. I'm always tempted to charge those guys more, not less! Or the ones who want to try to have a conversation where they push boundaries and fish for personal information all the time. Again, to me, that's more exhausting than a simple JOI session, or something more directly related to nudity and masturbation.

If it's just a decent, funny, or interesting conversation sure, but that time could have been spent doing a sex show, so charging less is not something that makes sense to me. At least the same amount, so as not to screw yourself over.

Lol, for all you know those "talking" guys could come here and start one of those threads where they say "we only talked, she never did anything sexual, she charged me less than others. Am I crazy to think she might be in Love w me? I'm thinking of having her face tattoed on my penis tomorrow, what do you guys think?".

Dude, you never know what goes or is going to go through people's minds.

This is exactly what other models I know have always said too.
You see a model in a private show for 2, 3, or 4 hours (or more) and then afterwards you learn it was no sex, just talking. But what I learned is the women find it difficult because you have to pretend to give a shit about what is being said throughout. Sometimes, some things, of course, you may find interesting and want to ask genuine questions about, but a lot of things are not like this and you just want to fall asleep, but you have to maintain that pretend interest for HOURS haha.

And what I also know and learned is that these shows are MUCH more exhausting for the model and usually they have a nice long break afterwards - or in some cases have gone home!
People see you in a show for that long and assume you're having the most amazing time of your lives when the reality is you're probably not due to the talking about things you have literally no idea about, or even because you are doing a specific fetish that doesn't do it for you personally.
But I always think it's funny when a model comes back from these and then you have your obvious jealous users (regulars or moderators) who make a snide comment about how amazing it must have been.

Ofcourse they where hoping money come out of it duh, id assume that 99.99999% cam purely for money. I didnt haggle prices, didnt ask for stuff they didn't do or wasent comfortable with. But sure in some way both members and models exploit eachother i guess..also when I said chit chat for many hours u was talking about in private ofcourse. Calling that predatory time wasting. Then everything is. But ill assume u thought I ment in free chat
You are saying you paid for several hours of chat so that you could have a better show? That's interesting.
Wait... who would have lower rates for that...oh yeah... that would be new models. Not predatory at all.

Usually, the case is that there are lots of guys who want to chat first and have a connection. It does make the show better. That's true.
But they can't afford to do that with the more experienced models, so they go with newer models who will charge them less for it. That's how it works. Then when the model gets some confidence and raises her rates, it's just not that "authentic" or "real" anymore lol.

@Brett M I feel like you have your head screwed on really well, and are really savvy to a lot of the undertones of what is really going on.
Yes, talking shows can be fun. But in my experience, it's rare for a cam viewer to pay for a long talking show unless they are getting something out of it. Whether it be the illusion that they are just Sooooooo much more interesting than the others, or whether it be the illusion that they are making a cam model fall for them. It just gets old you know. It's all just ego-bull shit. Yeah, there are dudes who are really fun to talk to, but the majority (that target new models)... it's really all about them deep down. They don't wanna take your nudity or whatever, instead, at best they want an emotional or an ego boost from you, at worst they want pity and therapy or most commonly a discount GFE experience. It's just a bit... how do I say it... yawntastic. They all tell themselves the same predictable lies too, and it just gets old.

Last edited:
Usually, the case is that there are lots of guys who want to chat first and have a connection. It does make the show better. That's true.
But they can't afford to do that with the more experienced models, so they go with newer models who will charge them less for it. That's how it works. Then when the model gets some confidence and raises her rates, it's just not that "authentic" or "real" anymore lol.

This is what I will always usually do but in public and tipping. It's nice to get a good idea of if our humour is the same since I really do enjoy a woman who can laugh and enjoys - I understand sometimes you can simply catch a model on a bad/off day.

Quite recently I didn't do this and just took a model in a show... I can say it was the worst show I have ever had because I clearly caught her on a bad/off day (or I think it is a one-off) haha.
Here is why:

Firstly, even though we were doing what we were doing (just vanilla sex and it was cam2cam), she would constantly be looking away from the screen and from what is happening but not in an intended rude way. You could see that her mind was distracted by something else (I mean from something I real life, or so it seemed). Her mind & eyes would literally just wander and she would stop playing/touching etc as it happened, so obviously this didn't make the experience enjoyable at all, but to top it off at the end, which made it worse for me, she did the worst fake orgasm I have ever seen - she came right close to the camera and just showed her eyes and did a fake over-exaggerated eye roll... I had to pan my camera down to just my dick because it made me laugh, and then I couldn't finish because I was laughing at how bad it was so then I had to fake it too hahaha.

That was also the very first time I didn't leave a 5/5 rating for a model - I gave her neutral (3/5) for it (this was on Stripchat).

Edit: I guess I was entertained so maybe a neutral rating was unfair, especially since now I still laugh about it and am still entertained by it lol.

You are saying you paid for several hours of chat so that you could have a better show? That's interesting.
Wait... who would have lower rates for that...oh yeah... that would be new models. Not predatory at all.

Where did i say I was taking models with lower rates? Might be u assume all new models have lower rate or think I dont want to pay. I don't mind paying for a good time be it talking or sexual or both. I just prefer new models, if it's 30tok per min or 120 doesent really matter to me.

This is what I will always usually do but in public and tipping. It's nice to get a good idea of if our humour is the same since I really do enjoy a woman who can laugh and enjoys - I understand sometimes you can simply catch a model on a bad/off day.

Quite recently I didn't do this and just took a model in a show... I can say it was the worst show I have ever had because I clearly caught her on a bad/off day (or I think it is a one-off) haha.
Here is why:

Firstly, even though we were doing what we were doing (just vanilla sex and it was cam2cam), she would constantly be looking away from the screen and from what is happening but not in an intended rude way. You could see that her mind was distracted by something else (I mean from something I real life, or so it seemed). Her mind & eyes would literally just wander and she would stop playing/touching etc as it happened, so obviously this didn't make the experience enjoyable at all, but to top it off at the end, which made it worse for me, she did the worst fake orgasm I have ever seen - she came right close to the camera and just showed her eyes and did a fake over-exaggerated eye roll... I had to pan my camera down to just my dick because it made me laugh, and then I couldn't finish because I was laughing at how bad it was so then I had to fake it too hahaha.

That was also the very first time I didn't leave a 5/5 rating for a model - I gave her neutral (3/5) for it (this was on Stripchat).
I'm sorry that you had that experience. The fact it made you laugh and you realized what was going on is kind of funny though. Yes, it's definitely best (as a model) not to log on if you are super distracted or cannot commit to giving a private your full attention.

I think it's totally normal to get an idea of a model in public before you go pvt. I think loads of people do that. I rarely have new guys take me pvt right off the bat, they usually wanna chat for a short amount of time first, which is cool. Hours, however, would not be, for obvious reasons. Another good way to get an idea of a model's sense of humor is to hang in her room quietly making the odd comment. A lot of guys do this. I know I personally have no problem with it, it's only if they are dominating free chat and making demands that I expect money/ tips. Once in a while, I'll ban if they are hanging out silently and I say hi to them, but they don't say hi back (within the time it takes me to count to 37 in my head). But if they say hi back, then I have no issue with it.

I think when c2c is on it's easier for me to focus on the show because I can either tell by directly seeing the camera on the cock, how things are going, or from facial expressions and how vigorously (or not) one shoulder (or both I guess, but that's a little rarer) is moving. That's why I have a strong preference for C2C shows. It makes my job so much easier, but I know it's not always possible for every person to do C2C.

But different models feel differently about C2C.

Nice chatting Brett you are always fun to talk to.

Um Azor ... fascinating. My eyes are literally closing, continuing this discussion with you. So I'm not going to, it's a bit boring, and I don't wanna derail the thread onto a huge focus onto you, and a general comment which you got very sensitive and defensive about. I just want to reassure you that you are probably highly interesting, in your own way. Just not to me, right now, this very minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brit
You see a model in a private show for 2, 3, or 4 hours (or more) and then afterwards you learn it was no sex, just talking.

Wait, people actually discuss privates with each other or is it more of a joking thing and you really don't know what's going on in there? Like, I have a thing whereby I'll mention I do book readings and Bible studies in privates (have actually done the former) but I pass it off as a joke. I don't want anyone to know what happened because it's really none of their business and an individual's privacy is pretty important to me. Regardless of what actually went on in the private, sometimes I come back looking disheveled, sometimes fully clothed, sometimes partially clothed, sometimes with books laying around, other times with toys, and other times exactly how I looked before I went private. Just feels weird to me if people are actually discussing the private afterwards. Maybe I take the term "private" too seriously, idk.

But what I learned is the women find it difficult because you have to pretend to give a shit about what is being said throughout. Sometimes, some things, of course, you may find interesting and want to ask genuine questions about, but a lot of things are not like this and you just want to fall asleep, but you have to maintain that pretend interest for HOURS haha.

Tbh, I actually do enjoy "just chatting" privates, but I'm an extremely curious person and I like to know things about people. I love listening to/reading people thoughts on things no matter the topic and no matter if I agree or not. I like hearing about people's lives, adventures they've had or wished they had, and everything else about the person and what makes them who they are. I just really love people and appreciate how different, and yet also similar, each person is.

And what I also know and learned is that these shows are MUCH more exhausting for the model

This is so true. I expend waaaaay more energy during "chill" privates than I do in sexual ones. I've laughed until I've cried, got into super deep philosophical discussions, have cried, and so many other emotionally exhausting things. Mental exhaustion is something that is often overlooked in sex work, not by sex workers because they know, but by the outside world. I wish it was something that was discussed more.

so when I did go to camsites, I enjoyed newbies cus they felt more authenthic than a model who had done it for a long time. Had nothing to do with beeing predatory. Just felt that I had more fun together with new models. And usually would spend many hours just chit chating about different things before anything sexual. Also a new model hasent heard the same stories a 100 times so they feel more engaged.

I haven't seen everybody's streams from this forum, but those I have seen have been amazing and felt authentic. Additionally, I've seen some really awesome shows from well established people on CB who were also incredibly warm and authentic. I have only seen a few well established models whose shows were not for me.

Might be i ran into the wrong experience models though idk

This seems like the most likely scenario. Also, what do you mean by "authentic"? Like, actually enjoying themselves? Having good candor? Warm? I feel that while the term "authentic" is objective, it's actually subjective because what one person may perceive as genuine, another could perceive it as dishonesty, especially when it comes to sex work.

Wait, people actually discuss privates with each other or is it more of a joking thing and you really don't know what's going on in there? Like, I have a thing whereby I'll mention I do book readings and Bible studies in privates (have actually done the former) but I pass it off as a joke. I don't want anyone to know what happened because it's really none of their business and an individual's privacy is pretty important to me.

Yes, I know I would be annoyed if I came out of a private show, and someone in free chat starting prying about how it was. Or if the guy (who went private) started talking about it. It's none of their damn business what happened in the private. If they were that curious, they could've spent a little money spying on the private show.

Reactions: Brit and MarieElise
Wait, people actually discuss privates with each other or is it more of a joking thing and you really don't know what's going on in there?

Noo, not some discussion and especially not for public chat, but it would be more of a quick comment from the model, for example, in a PM.
Possibly just an "I need a break that was a long and exhausting show with just talking", or something.

One of the women I learned about these we were very close (I stayed with her and her daughter twice: 2018 and 2019), we wouldn't discuss things in-depth (I never want to know what people want to see/do in their private shows), but there would be times where she also went home immediately after because it was the end of the night and her shift and on her travel home she would call me and we'd talk (yes ironic, more talking for her).

It was never a discussion on what happen, just a general comment for the fact it was exhausting because of it being a long chat

Reactions: MarieElise
It all depends. It depends on the page and what you think your show is worth. It also depends on the exclusivity and innovation you offer, this has value.

I always just max out on the highest amount. The way I see it is that there's only ONE of you on this entire planet. So if people want a private with you, they'll pay for it. If they can't afford it, they'll save up for it and make it a special thing. My point here is that I think (this is what's true in my world, anyways) super low prices attract cheap people and that it's good to be expensive. :)

(my response is chaturbate specific)

Remember theres no category listings for the per minute amounts of 42, 72, 120, 150, 180, 240 so if you're trying to get people from the private show categories you would want to avoid those amounts.

I think aiming for 60 or 90 per minute is best but theres nothing wrong with dropping the price down if things are slow.

I think the only time you can really say a model is making a mistake on private pricing is when shes got it real low and shes getting hammered with privates back to back stunting growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.