AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Professional Custom Profiles

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2012
Hi Ladies

I'm a female web designer and a while back one of my close friends asked me to do a profile for her.
She loved the work I did and suggested other girls may be interested also.

So that's what this is about. I'm looking for models interested in working with me to allow me to get more experience and a few more profiles under my belt.

I'm offering 10 completely custom profiles designed to your liking for £20 each first come first serve.

My friend is no longer a cam girl but I do have the files I used to create her profile and could set it up for you to see.
I'm also in the process of customising my own profile on MFC as we speak.
I also have a number of professional websites I can provide you with that I have designed and built alone.

Currently doing CSS and html profiles as well as complete profile overhauls which will allow you to have custom pages etc.

Feel free to jump in my inbox if you're interested. First come, first serve.

Thanks for the reply. :h:

Thanks for the heads up about the Beta too will go check it out. Hope they've made it nicer to work with.
Even as a web professional it's very limited and awkward.

I've literally just started customising my own profile today.
Going to add a custom navigation bar and social media links this evening as well as custom raffle sections as an example of what I can do for you.

You can keep an eye on my profile as I work on it if you like.
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MFCDesigner

Once I've finished my profile. I'll set up the old one I did for my lovely friend and take screenshots for you.
I'm also working on a second profile showcasing the complete profile overhaul with custom pages.

My websites:
http://www.anokha-indian.com
http://www.pdsbarcoderepair.co.uk
http://www.pdsmobilecomputers.co.uk
http://www.1up-geek.com
http://www.personaltrainercolchester.co.uk

Just checked the beta profiles out.
It's an improvement but not a huge one imo.

My custom designs will work exactly the same on those, which is a relief. All they've changed really is the image management and the interface is easier to use when customising profiles but I hand code mine anyway =)

Hey! You say pages on the profile? You mean on the MFC profile? Could you make it work on yours to show us that it can be done?

Also, please let us know when yours is finished. Thanks!

Reactions: KaterinaPryde
Hey Lady Luna.

Yup I mean the MFC profile. Found a way of completely overhauling the entire thing.

Going to spend today and tomorrow finishing off my regular profile to showcase some of my design and coding abilities.
Saturday and Sunday I'll start with another new Demo profile to show the complete overhaul that can be done with pages etc.
I'll do my best to get it done by Monday as I'll be away Monday/Tuesday but I'll keep you all posted.

Hopefully I should be able to do anything you guys want me to.

Miss_Lollipop said:
If you can make separate pages I'm very. very. interested... cannot wait to see this :)

thanks for all the work you're putting into showing us what you can do! :)

Same here.

My custom designs will work exactly the same on those, which is a relief. All they've changed really is the image management and the interface is easier to use when customising profiles but I hand code mine anyway =)

I have to completely disagree with you there.
Using something as simple as .clock element will no longer work as it is now .server_time so many profiles will not work on beta.
Beta profiles now have a more structured layout with many separated id and classes making it way easier to customize than before.
Also it renders a lot better between webkit and gecko and the now defunct presto engines.
134 lines of code now compared to 216 on current profiles.

Well done MFC for once not just a cosmetic change :handgestures-salute:

Reactions: MFCDesigner
Well that's me told ;) I have to say I only had a brief look and didn't check the tags in the profiles themselves.
Just assumed they'd been fairly lazy. Should have checked. Well can't complain with the extra classes and IDs.
Profiles are extremely lacking at the moment and sometimes have to resort to advanced selectors and hacks to force some changes.
Will check that out it more detail and plan on making a couple demo profiles on the Beta profiles to see how much more freedom we have.

Pages are possible with a little hack.
It replaces your profile with basically anything you like.
Will have a working Demo next week.

Maybe it's no big deal, I know nothing about these sort of things but...

Is it such a good idea to hack the website we work on?

curvyredhead said:

Not really sure at the moment what is meant by "separate page" on the profile, but using CSS to reformat the page is not a hack as I would define a hack. If you're talking about embedding IFRAMEs then that would probably fall into hack territory and not really be recommended given they block it if you just try to add a straight up IFRAME tag.

Reactions: curvyredhead
A lot of things in web development get popped into the "hack" category when it's more of a trick or a clever work-around.
Cross-browser compatibility, for instance, has a few CSS "hacks" to make some CSS3 features work the way they should in all browsers.

MFCDesigner said:
A lot of things in web development get popped into the "hack" category when it's more of a trick or a clever work-around.
Cross-browser compatibility, for instance, has a few CSS "hacks" to make some CSS3 features work the way they should in all browsers.

Do you mind dumbing this down for someone like me?

Basically, I am asking if doing this "hacks" are a wise idea? Are they allowed? Is this something we could get in trouble for? Would this compromise our personal information at all? etc etc

curvyredhead said:
Basically, I am asking if doing this "hacks" are a wise idea? Are they allowed? Is this something we could get in trouble for?
Any CSS + allowable HTML is fine. If you want to use CSS to hide all their default HTML and show just your own, or rearrange things, you're probably in the clear with no issues.

Where you would get into a gray area is if you managed to get in an HTML tag they are clearly trying to block, like IFRAME, or if you attempted to get script loaded on the page somehow. What tags are forbidden? If you ever paste in some HTML and see this message when you try to save
ForbiddenTag.png

you are using a tag they do not want you to use.

curvyredhead said:
Would this compromise our personal information at all? etc etc
No.

Reactions: curvyredhead
Kradek said:
curvyredhead said:
Basically, I am asking if doing this "hacks" are a wise idea? Are they allowed? Is this something we could get in trouble for?
Any CSS + allowable HTML is fine. If you want to use CSS to hide all their default HTML and show just your own, or rearrange things, you're probably in the clear with no issues.

Where you would get into a gray area is if you managed to get in an HTML tag they are clearly trying to block, like IFRAME, or if you attempted to get script loaded on the page somehow.

curvyredhead said:
Would this compromise our personal information at all? etc etc
No.

Thank you!

The idea I have is purely CSS and HTML to give the illusion of separate pages making it easier for people to navigate your profile.
So we're safe as long as my idea works well.

I'll also include the main profile as one of the "pages" as well so people can still view your ratings/message wall etc.

MFCDesigner said:
The idea I have is purely CSS and HTML to give the illusion of separate pages making it easier for people to navigate your profile.
So we're safe as long as my idea works well.

I'll also include the main profile as one of the "pages" as well so people can still view your ratings/message wall etc.
Are you maybe looking for the word "tabs" instead of "pages"?

Also I did have a question for you guys.

I, obviously, only have a free members account.
I worked on my friends model account. So I kind of know mostly what those accounts are allowed to do.
Are there accounts that have permissions to use iFrames because I know of one profile that has somehow managed it.
Not sure how unless there are these types of accounts.

Just curious.

Kradek said:
curvyredhead said:

Not really sure at the moment what is meant by "separate page" on the profile, but using CSS to reformat the page is not a hack as I would define a hack. If you're talking about embedding IFRAMEs then that would probably fall into hack territory and not really be recommended given they block it if you just try to add a straight up IFRAME tag.

Panzii actually does this.

The majority of the things on her page are hidden, and she's just using iframes to display things from her website, where she has her profile hosted.

takuy said:
Panzii actually does this.

The majority of the things on her page are hidden, and she's just using iframes to display things from her website, where she has her profile hosted.
That's true. There are a couple others as well. When you attempt to add one the normal way, however, it's blocked. My conclusion is it's not desired behavior.

It's possible model profiles do not block it and member's do.

I can make the design look like tabs if the model would like or make it look like pages (css/html).
Also if iFrames aren't blocked for models. I can easily make your paged profile.

If they are blocked for models then I'll abandon that idea completely.

yep,

we can easily transform this in a naviguation page (same things)

but it's true that for user experience, it's better if we can build a page like a normal website (with js etc)

if iframe tag is not prohibited, can just make a normal website

I think a specific request by model can be made ​​to liberate this tag,

but if I were MFC I would also prohibited this tag for normal user :mrgreen:

any way from what is already provided by the tool profile + beta new widget

there is already everything needed to make beautiful profile :thumbleft:

I think mfcdesigner is phrasing her terms incorrect and does not understand fully mfc profiles workings.
Everything on mfc profiles is held within a one page framework, no separate pages.
Pages like panzii's style have been around for years.
Just people use different methods to achieve similar results.
There are various ways to perform trickery using css and html.
Getting cross-browser compatibility is the key :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.