AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Promotion personal websites

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2018
I read that is not allowed to chat anywere else, but I saw so many girls selling their kik, and they never got banned.. so I don't get what kind of platform is fine to promote/sell.. is It fine to sell kik? And to promote instagram/Twitter?

I read that is not allowed to chat anywere else, but I saw so many girls selling their kik, and they never got banned.. so I don't get what kind of platform is fine to promote/sell.. is It fine to sell kik? And to promote instagram/Twitter?
On chaturbate? I'm pretty sure its ok to promote anything that isn't a direct competitor (ie. another cam site)

Upvote 0
On Cb I have a twitter button and also mention you can find me anywhere with "CurvyJForYou" i think its ok to use the other platforms but if you charge for them it has to be in tokens...skype is not allowed to be mentioned or as stated above competitor sites

Upvote 0
The only thing you cant explicitly mention is the word Snapchat as a single word. You have to call it "Snap" or else it gets censored.
Do you know why that is? Seems silly as many models probably sell access to their Snapchat for CB tokens.

Upvote 0
They should ban 'lifetime' and nip the confusion in the bud regarding snap and other things.
Not sure what that has to do with anything. It's confusing to me that Snapchat should be a forbidden word on CB.

Upvote 0
It's confusing to me that Snapchat should be a forbidden word on CB.

The reason CB block the word 'snapchat' is that it has a video calling feature so it would fall under the 'Skype' type rule.

CB does allow the shows for Skype, but you can't advertise Skype calls within chat or on your profile etc. From what I remember you can only have Skype for tokens in the gallery.

CB Support:
If you’re using Skype to supplement your broadcast income and charge tokens to do so, that is not necessarily an issue in and of itself. Although we do discourage the practice, as we’re not in a position to control what might happen off site. Skype is blocked in chat to mitigate spam accounts solely created to move users off CB — e.g., accounts that flood all chatrooms with unsolicited and repetitive invitations to move over to Skype.

So you with Snapchat it would be the same, only allowed to sell snapchat in the gallery etc for tokens.

They also seem to censor the word "virgin" too, which is quite odd as well

CB block the word 'virgin' as they think it implies 'underage', though its very frustrating when you're trying to tell someone about a company thats called 'Virgin Media' and have to type it as 'v1rgin media' lol

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
The reason CB block the word 'snapchat' is that it has a video calling feature so it would fall under the 'Skype' type rule.

CB does allow the shows for Skype, but you can't advertise Skype calls within chat or on your profile etc. From what I remember you can only have Skype for tokens in the gallery.

CB Support:

So you with Snapchat it would be the same, only allowed to sell snapchat in the gallery etc for tokens.

CB block the word 'virgin' as they think it implies 'underage', though its very frustrating when you're trying to tell someone about a company thats called 'Virgin Media' and have to type it as 'v1rgin media' lol
Ok that does help explain it more. I still think it's a silly thing to block, because Skype and Snapchat themselves probably bring a huge chunk of money to CB and the models. No offense to the lovely Shirley, but we know CB has always been pretty wacky with their rules and bannings.

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Ok that does help explain it more. I still think it's a silly thing to block, because Skype and Snapchat themselves probably bring a huge chunk of money to CB and the models. No offense to the lovely Shirley, but we know CB has always been pretty wacky with their rules and bannings.

True, but I can understand why they brought in the rules, as they can't really protect models or the users if they go 'off site'. Least being on CB there's some protection with the shows and whats being said within the conversation etc ;)

Like if you had a private password show with a model and you had tipped the tokens for the password & entered into the room but then the model changed the password of their room, you can report it to CB if you didn't hear anything more from the model. CB will have a log of the conversation & settings to whats happened on the models room.

But if you go to Skype etc, and you paid for a Skype show, its your word against models / user. theres no proof either way.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
True, but I can understand why they brought in the rules, as they can't really protect models or the users if they go 'off site'. Least being on CB there's some protection with the shows and whats being said within the conversation etc ;)

Like if you had a private password show with a model and you had tipped the tokens for the password & entered into the room but then the model changed the password of their room, you can report it to CB if you didn't hear anything more from the model. CB will have a log of the conversation & settings to whats happened on the models room.

But if you go to Skype etc, and you paid for a Skype show, its your word against models / user. theres no proof either way.
I agree with the reasoning of not encouraging off-site shows. It's the banning of using the word that I think is silly.

Reactions: shapman88 and roydz
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.