AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

protect models from fraud tippers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2021
how can we models know if the tokens tipped to us are fraud or legit?

the cb team flagged me and freeze my tokens for days, and gave me charge backs $630 and $90,, it happened to me twice, bcoz i recived tips from stolen credit card, and i have no involvement about that for sure,
ive been so stressed and cant sleep at night,, now that my account is oki again,, i am afraid to go online and start broadcasting,, afraid that some bad guys who steal credit cards will tip me again,,
i am a good performer on the site, i always do nice show in every tips they drop, as long as it fits in tip menu,,, and always perform good in private and password too,, i have high satisfaction rating 99%,
and nice number of followers,, ive been working on chaturbate for more than 2 years now, and this is the first time this issue happened to me,,, i dont want to have more chargeback that will cause issue to my account,
i love working on cb, and this is the only job that i have, that helps me pay rents, bills, and feed my family,,,

is there anyway we can identify which one is fraud tokens? what else can we do to feel safe while broadcasting?
i think cb team should be protecting models as well agaisnt fraud, and tighten the security of the site so that fraudulent activity should be prevented, chaturbate needs to get its act together, i guess,,
miss @punker barbie pls do something about this,, bcoz we dont wanna end up being banned, with this fraud tips we know nothing about,,,

im sorry with my english hehe ^^

Omg, I'm sorry that you and so many others on here are having these issues with CB.

I remember when I was on ImLive, models on the ImLive forum used to tell us about the amounts of chargebacks they'd get every pay period. It was really ridiculous and sad. To do all of these live shows for these guys...only be getting a measly 30%...and then go to their Earnings page to find they've gotten hundreds in chargebacks. AWFUL.

The models used to say they were suspicious of members with usernames that consisted of (what seemed to be) a bunch of random numbers...such as 'Guy29160419367'. But I don't think there's really any way of knowing when you're dealing with a fraudulent transaction. I've heard some models say they've had their suspicions from the guy's behavior...like if it's a new member spending an unusually large amount on you, and he's not talking to you at all (Some models worry this may mean the guy is recording you).

And of course if you happen to get a member who actually admits they're under 18 and are using someone else's card (Could be an adult troll just messing with you, but still...), I think you should take a screenshot of that...end the session...and report them to CB right away to cover your butt.

NOT FAIR for cam models to be getting penalized for someone else's fraudulent activity.....

Upvote 0
Omg, I'm sorry that you and so many others on here are having these issues with CB.

I remember when I was on ImLive, models on the ImLive forum used to tell us about the amounts of chargebacks they'd get every pay period. It was really ridiculous and sad. To do all of these live shows for these guys...only be getting a measly 30%...and then go to their Earnings page to find they've gotten hundreds in chargebacks. AWFUL.

The models used to say they were suspicious of members with usernames that consisted of (what seemed to be) a bunch of random numbers...such as 'Guy29160419367'. But I don't think there's really any way of knowing when you're dealing with a fraudulent transaction. I've heard some models say they've had their suspicions from the guy's behavior...like if it's a new member spending an unusually large amount on you, and he's not talking to you at all (Some models worry this may mean the guy is recording you).

And of course if you happen to get a member who actually admits they're under 18 and are using someone else's card (Could be an adult troll just messing with you, but still...), I think you should take a screenshot of that...end the session...and report them to CB right away to cover your butt.

NOT FAIR for cam models to be getting penalized for someone else's fraudulent activity.....
thnks for replying maam,,, yeah charge backs really hurts,, but what im worried most is bcoz of this fraud tippers, my account will get banned, and i will lose the only job that i have ryt now :(
they ask me to report to them if theres suspicious tipping pattern, so everytime i recived high tips with username im not familiar, i took screenshot, and email them to conduct fraud review b4 i cash out my tokens,, cause i dont want any trouble in my account,, yet they still freeze my tokens for days and remove my daily payout,, saying i recived fraud tips from 2 of usernames i ask them to check,, :( i did what they asked me to do, yet they still punished me,, now that my account is oki again,, im afraid to broadcast, knowing its posible that i might get fraud tips again, and cb team will charge back me, freeze my account, or worst is to be banned :((((

Upvote 0
It always makes me really annoyed that the models are the ones who suffer because of this....... the model provides the service, but however the buyer pays for that service is not in their control, that lies with the site itself and the various payment methods it allows, and the merchants it authorises to take those payments.
Unless you have been approached by someone who promises you a deal that sounds too good to be true, and accepted that offer, I cannot see how a model could be taken to be complicit in aiding credit card fraud.
And all of the advice from the banking industry on how to best avoid stolen/fraudulent card use - like checking signatures against those on cards - is pretty useless in the online transaction nature of this industry.
Also due to the nature of the sites, it is entirely likely that a new user would come into your room and spend a reasonable amount - is it really up to the model to report all such behavior, and actually invite the site admins to hold their payout and investigate?

Upvote 0
It always makes me really annoyed that the models are the ones who suffer because of this....... the model provides the service, but however the buyer pays for that service is not in their control, that lies with the site itself and the various payment methods it allows, and the merchants it authorises to take those payments.
Unless you have been approached by someone who promises you a deal that sounds too good to be true, and accepted that offer, I cannot see how a model could be taken to be complicit in aiding credit card fraud.
And all of the advice from the banking industry on how to best avoid stolen/fraudulent card use - like checking signatures against those on cards - is pretty useless in the online transaction nature of this industry.
Also due to the nature of the sites, it is entirely likely that a new user would come into your room and spend a reasonable amount - is it really up to the model to report all such behavior, and actually invite the site admins to hold their payout and investigate?
exactly,,,,, , last time i broadcast i cant focus in my show, cause im focusing figuring out who are possible frauds in my room, checking their bio 1 by 1,, and everytime the bio seems new and has no follower yet, its making me nervous,, so i ask for cb team to conduct fraud reviews with those new users who tipped me,, and what a surprise, they freeze my tokens for days give me charge back, and remove my daily payout,, saying " Please note that Chaturbate reserves all of its rights to recover the full extent of its cost incurred as the result of your fraudulent activity."

that is not my fraudulent activity,, i dont know anything about that fraud tips, i even requested for them to conduct fraud reviews for it,,.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem now , and cb just ban me , when tk was just frozen , they didn’t even answer to me , then in 12 hours just ban me and no answers to my emails and no explanation , no help ...

Upvote 0
It's the same with any online business. I get hit with chargebacks for fraudulent transactions now and then. Sucks. In my case I have hard costs for materials, products, shipping, etc., in addition to my time lost so sucks even more.

But @rockin_rod raises a good point - the credit card transaction isn't between the model and user. It's between Cb and the fraudulent buyer. The buyer could sit on those same tokens and never tip any model with them and they still would be charged back. The model isn't the responsible party, Cb is just recovering ~1/2 of it's loss from them by avoiding paying them.

Edit to add: You can't make yourself crazy trying to watch for things like this. There's no way you can know really. Just have to accept that there's some measure of risk involved and run your show as you have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are 100% not to blame for a stolen credit card. You could not know! You aren't dealing with the cards or the customers' Point of Sale. It should be CB's responsibility to block these users or to take the hit themselves. You simply work for the site that already takes 50% of your earnings. That 50% CB takes should cover the chargebacks! Any real management should protect their employees. I do not know, so I must ask, is it even legal for CB to do this to models? Does anyone actually know? Any lawyers out there? Every time I read a post like this I keep waiting for someone smart to start a class action lawsuit.

Cheers,
-Cexmental

Upvote 0
Cb really doesn't have much cost until the point that they have to pay models
You are 100% not to blame for a stolen credit card. You could not know! You aren't dealing with the cards or the customers' Point of Sale. It should be CB's responsibility to block these users or to take the hit themselves. You simply work for the site that already takes 50% of your earnings. That 50% CB takes should cover the chargebacks!

It's actually worse since Cb doesn't have much of any costs until they have to pay the model. They're selling a virtual purchase of "tokens" which have no value until the point that they transfer to the model. Some minimal transaction costs and overhead involved but that's not all that significant. So all that they're really doing is avoiding the out-of-pocket costs of paying models in such cases.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.