Pvt Shows when using OBS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 11, 2019
Hey, so I recently started using OBS, and an external webcam.
It came to my attention from one of my viewers that they can't request a private show when I'm using OBS. I don't wanna go back to using my internal webcam because it's a downgrade in my graphics but I'm losing money if I can't do private shows.
Is there something I can do in OBS to fix it or do I need to do it through MFC?

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
It came to my attention from one of my viewers that they can't request a private show when I'm using OBS. I don't wanna go back to using my internal webcam because it's a downgrade in my graphics but I'm losing money if I can't do private shows.
If you're not using a mac, you can install an addon for OBS called Virtual Cam, then you can run OBS through MFC just like you would before (not using the external broadcaster, but using the Flash connection, which will only work until Flash is discontinued soon). Then you can use pvt/club/group shows. It won't be in HD, though.

Here's the link to download it https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/ and follow the instructions there.

Sep 11, 2019
If you're not using a mac, you can install an addon for OBS called Virtual Cam, then you can run OBS through MFC just like you would before (not using the external broadcaster, but using the Flash connection, which will only work until Flash is discontinued soon). Then you can use pvt/club/group shows. It won't be in HD, though.

Here's the link to download it https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/ and follow the instructions there.
Damn I am using a mac, do you know of any other options??

May 11, 2017
Terra Firma
When you mention cams, are you using an external such as c920 with OBS? If so, is there something preventing you from using the external cam via normal means?

I can't speak to this from a model's perspective. But, for members, when there's multiple cams you have the choice of selecting which one in the flash window for the cam.

Reactions: AmberCutie