AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2019
Hey, so I recently started using OBS, and an external webcam.
It came to my attention from one of my viewers that they can't request a private show when I'm using OBS. I don't wanna go back to using my internal webcam because it's a downgrade in my graphics but I'm losing money if I can't do private shows.
Is there something I can do in OBS to fix it or do I need to do it through MFC?

It came to my attention from one of my viewers that they can't request a private show when I'm using OBS. I don't wanna go back to using my internal webcam because it's a downgrade in my graphics but I'm losing money if I can't do private shows.
If you're not using a mac, you can install an addon for OBS called Virtual Cam, then you can run OBS through MFC just like you would before (not using the external broadcaster, but using the Flash connection, which will only work until Flash is discontinued soon). Then you can use pvt/club/group shows. It won't be in HD, though.

Here's the link to download it https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/ and follow the instructions there.

Reactions: SatanJonez
Upvote 0
If you're not using a mac, you can install an addon for OBS called Virtual Cam, then you can run OBS through MFC just like you would before (not using the external broadcaster, but using the Flash connection, which will only work until Flash is discontinued soon). Then you can use pvt/club/group shows. It won't be in HD, though.

Here's the link to download it https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/ and follow the instructions there.
Damn I am using a mac, do you know of any other options??

Upvote 0

When you mention cams, are you using an external such as c920 with OBS? If so, is there something preventing you from using the external cam via normal means?

I can't speak to this from a model's perspective. But, for members, when there's multiple cams you have the choice of selecting which one in the flash window for the cam.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
I have the same problem, I am using a c922 with OBS (mac), and basically if I use OBS I get a way more crisp and detailed image with better coloring than if I use the direct flash setting. Not to mention the apps and stuff you can put on your screen with OBS like virtual wheel and social media ads. You can use it "normally" sure, but it's just so limiting imo. I think part of being competitive is having a good quality stream.

So my options are to either not use it and have no apps and crappy quality video or switch back and forth (and have to refresh the page) which screws with people's stream. They have to refresh or they are not able to see me at all for some reason then I lose my privates. It's soooo annoying and I wish they would fix this. It's making me consider switching sites. :(

Upvote 0

Amber,tell more how to use VirtualCam for broadcast,please. Flash no longer works((

Upvote 0
I'm new to all this and trying to understand. I just downloaded OBS for my MFC and Chaturbate so that I could split cam.......but are you saying that we CANNOT do privates through OBS at all???

Upvote 0
I'm new to all this and trying to understand. I just downloaded OBS for my MFC and Chaturbate so that I could split cam.......but are you saying that we CANNOT do privates through OBS at all???
You cannot use the "External Broadcaster" or the new Sidekick version of WebRTC and do privates at this time. I know they're working to change that once both are more stable.

To do private/club/groups you've gotta use the basic WebRTC or Flash connection. Which you CAN use OBS as a virtual cam for, if you have the virtual cam plugin for OBS which runs on PC only.

Upvote 0
IDK what im doing here ...:arghh:

It gets better! I didn't know what the fuck any of this was literally 3 weeks ago. Not that I'm a pro now LOL
What helps me is to just tackle one thing at a time as it comes up i.e.
"oh! People are complaining about my video quality, I guess it's time to buy a webcam."

"I'd really like to do that cool wheel! **googles** **10 hours later** **dead eyes** now I know what OBS is and also how to adjust my output settings but still cannot get the wheel to work. But my stream looks way better. Another day, I guess. **eye twitch**"

Fumble forward, my friend!

Reactions: LilyPink and Gia_Xo
Upvote 0
Hi, sorry if this thread is already considered old, but I had a question. If you can't do privates while using OBS on MFC, is there a site where you can (like CB, etc). I'm considering starting back on my MFC profile and I want to be able to do privates, but I really like my HD setup and watermark with OBS.

If I have to ditch OBS to do privates (and is doing privates worth that?), can I at least keep my webcam streaming at 720p? I know I'll lose the HD audio which bothers me, but I want to at least have HD video.

Upvote 0
Hi, sorry if this thread is already considered old, but I had a question. If you can't do privates while using OBS on MFC, is there a site where you can (like CB, etc). I'm considering starting back on my MFC profile and I want to be able to do privates, but I really like my HD setup and watermark with OBS.

If I have to ditch OBS to do privates (and is doing privates worth that?), can I at least keep my webcam streaming at 720p? I know I'll lose the HD audio which bothers me, but I want to at least have HD video.

Yes, Chaturbate and Streamate privates work with OBS

Reactions: NaomiNyx
Upvote 0
So I now have a Windows based gaming laptop now, installed OBS and installed OBS Virtualcam but I cannot for the life of me get VirtualCam to show up in tools and I want to start Stremate this week when my period fucks off LOL.

I'm running 24.0.3 version of OBS. I was notified during installation that VirtualCam is set up properly and even see the OBS Virtual Cams 1-4 showing in Video Capture Device list.

I've read a few forum posts on this being an issue but they get into files and stuff that there is no fucking way I know what I am doing or are going to touch........ Anyone else have this issue or figured out how to fix it?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, I am using a c922 with OBS (mac), and basically if I use OBS I get a way more crisp and detailed image with better coloring than if I use the direct flash setting. Not to mention the apps and stuff you can put on your screen with OBS like virtual wheel and social media ads. You can use it "normally" sure, but it's just so limiting imo. I think part of being competitive is having a good quality stream.

So my options are to either not use it and have no apps and crappy quality video or switch back and forth (and have to refresh the page) which screws with people's stream. They have to refresh or they are not able to see me at all for some reason then I lose my privates. It's soooo annoying and I wish they would fix this. It's making me consider switching sites. :(

I just started running into this issue and I've been researching all different ways so I can have my HD quality and do pvts. No luck. I think I'm gonna do the switching back and forth for now until mfc gets it all worked out. The way I try to look at it, if a member really wants a pvt with me, he wouldnt mind waiting a quick minute for me to switch. but yes, its a total pain

Upvote 0
So there's this MFC sidekick thing for OBS and I tried it but it just made my cam turn black. Has anyone else tried it?
It isn't quite working properly right now, they recommend using the normal/Flash option for now, of if you're able to run the external broadcaster connection that has worked decent for me in the past few weeks.

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 8.23.15 AM.png

Reactions: Aluraa
Upvote 0
Ok so I am using a Mac and OBS on MFC. If I want to do a private, what do I need to change in the settings to switch back to the normal/Flash streaming option. I am really confused on how to use this and what settings need to change to switch between them with ease. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
I just started running into this issue and I've been researching all different ways so I can have my HD quality and do pvts. No luck. I think I'm gonna do the switching back and forth for now until mfc gets it all worked out. The way I try to look at it, if a member really wants a pvt with me, he wouldnt mind waiting a quick minute for me to switch. but yes, its a total pain

Exactly, no problems from me waiting for the model I do privates with to switch from OBS. It sucks that have to do it. But, appreciate that she does.

Reactions: MysAngel
Upvote 0
Ok so I am using a Mac and OBS on MFC. If I want to do a private, what do I need to change in the settings to switch back to the normal/Flash streaming option. I am really confused on how to use this and what settings need to change to switch between them with ease. Thanks in advance!
l
You need to open options on the model broadcaster, select one of the top 2 options, and not run OBS. You’ll need to select your cam/microphone in the flash options on the broadcaster window. And if you hadn’t already, enable flash in your web browser, usually easiest to do by clicking at the top left of the address bar.

Upvote 0
l
You need to open options on the model broadcaster, select one of the top 2 options, and not run OBS. You’ll need to select your cam/microphone in the flash options on the broadcaster window. And if you hadn’t already, enable flash in your web browser, usually easiest to do by clicking at the top left of the address bar.

Any word on when MFC is finally going to move away from flash? Chrome kills it in a few months I believe.

Upvote 0
Any word on when MFC is finally going to move away from flash? Chrome kills it in a few months I believe.
They’re already diligently working on it, and the deadline is the end of this year. (When Flash completely ends, I mean.)

Not saying you are guilty of it as well, but it pains me how many people just think MFC is doing nothing about it, lol.

Upvote 0
They’re already diligently working on it, and the deadline is the end of this year. (When Flash completely ends, I mean.)

Not saying you are guilty of it as well, but it pains me how many people just think MFC is doing nothing about it, lol.

thanks, Amber. I know they’re working on it and glad to see them putting effort into it. With you doing beta testing for them, was just curious if you had an idea how far along they are in getting off of flash.

Upvote 0
Just attempted to set up OBS with virtual cam to use in flash for mfc streaming while keeping private shows possible.

it works - but even with 800x600 stream, the video feed on mfc flash is very pixelated. Significantly more pixelated than standard 800x600 flash without obs-virtualcam. Looks like they took a 320x200 image and just scaled it up. Clearly something is wrong - has anyone gotten this combo to work successfully?

My output bitrate is 2.5mbps as it should be. Resolution is 800x600.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.