AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question about FPS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2015
Twitter Username
@RoxiLace
MFC Username
RoxiLace
Streamate Username
RoxiLace
I usually have a lot of sites running at the same time without verysoft or a webcam splitter tho. I used to could run 5 sites at a time without it affecting my quality of cam but lately its gotten to where I can only run 3 sites and sometimes only 2 without my FPS getting bad on cb.

The laptop that I run the multiple sites on is 4 or 5 years old and very slow when I start it up. Not sure if that has anything to do with my FPS or not? Could someone explain to me what exactly affects your fps please?

Would installing verysoft help with my fps, or do I need to call my cable company and get faster internet? I have 10 mbps upload now but I can go to 30 gbps upload but it will cost me $60 more. I don't want to pay $60 more tho if I dont have to? I will if it would be worth it tho

So is my FPS crap because of my older gaming laptop, internet, or because I'm not using verysoft?

Also my laptop has an I7

Kind of embarrassed to say this but no I havent ;( It's an acer and has the acer dust defender on it but I honestly don't know if it ever runs much anyways. I will look and see if I can find a youtube video on how to dust it out. I've never dusted a laptop before, just desktops.

What would be the best way? I'm guessing with can air but will I need to take it apart? Should I try and do it myself or take it to bestbuy or somewhere and have them do it? Only bad thing about taking it somewhere would be I would have to delete all my camming stuff off of it :/

Kind of embarrassed to say this but no I havent ;( It's an acer and has the acer dust defender on it but I honestly don't know if it ever runs much anyways. I will look and see if I can find a youtube video on how to dust it out. I've never dusted a laptop before, just desktops.

What would be the best way? I'm guessing with can air but will I need to take it apart? Should I try and do it myself or take it to bestbuy or somewhere and have them do it? Only bad thing about taking it somewhere would be I would have to delete all my camming stuff off of it :/
You will probably have to take it apart. Canned air is definitely the way to go to clean it out since you need to be careful with static electricity. If you are methodical and careful you should be able to do it yourself, take pictures of what you are doing when you take it apart that way you can look at what you have done when you need to put it back together again. Don't mix up the screws, they can be of different length and have different threading.

You will probably have to take it apart. Canned air is definitely the way to go to clean it out since you need to be careful with static electricity. If you are methodical and careful you should be able to do it yourself, take pictures of what you are doing when you take it apart that way you can look at what you have done when you need to put it back together again. Don't mix up the screws, they can be of different length and have different threading.

also, do you know what's making my disk be @ 100 % in task manager?

What webcam are you using?
Is it an external cam with its own processor?

Open up your task manager and see each program thats in use, youll often times have so much garbage running in the background by default.

Reactions: Girly_Girl
What webcam are you using?
Is it an external cam with its own processor?

Open up your task manager and see each program thats in use, youll often times have so much garbage running in the background by default.

I'm using a Logitech 920c webcam. I've disabled a lot of stuff thru the startup menu and attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• task menu startup.png
    task menu startup.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.