AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question about info available to models on cb

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2021
Hi folks,

I checked one thread on similar topic but it didnt have the exact situation covered, so I hope it's ok to ask.

I had a situation recently where I visited a model a few times and then she was asking some very specific questions about my habits on the site. I was surprised by how accurate the info was. It's not something she could have known from the colour of my name alone, even with clever deduction, so I was a bit stumped. I contacted cb support and they explained that it should be only the colour of the name visible, not what rooms I visited, who/how much I tipped, or when I buy tokens. But this was not what happened. She knew when and how much I bought and spent - it was quite disturbing tbh. I have 2FA on my account and a silly-long password too so I am fairly sure that my account was not compromised, but then how?

It got me thinking whether there are other ways that people/studios track users - methods which are maybe in a grey area - not official cb stuff. I wanted to ask if anyone experienced something like this?

My gut feeling is to not return to visit that model, of course, and make a new account - but it bothers me how/why it happened, will this be happening again and again. I want to be naughty in privacy and peace! :D

Its my first post, so nice to meet you all.

Is it possible that she was lurking other models' rooms at the same time you were in their room(s)? I know that when I broadcasted on CB, even though I had it set to "silence other broadcasters," I'd still get broadcasters in my room bugging me to come to their chat room. 🙄 So I guess those broadcasters had second CB accounts that they used for talking in/spamming the fuck out of other models' rooms.

Is it possible that she was lurking other models' rooms at the same time you were in their room(s)? I know that when I broadcasted on CB, even though I had it set to "silence other broadcasters," I'd still get broadcasters in my room bugging me to come to their chat room. 🙄 So I guess those broadcasters had second CB accounts that they used for talking in/spamming the fuck out of other models' rooms.
Oh I hadn't thought about that. Maybe I was in the room of someone from their studio or something like that and they were also there somehow on a different account - there are so many models that I think random chance is unlikely, but I have no idea.

Thank you for the info, I think for now I will just forget about it, probably something random, or they just asked some default questions (I guess it is a safe bet that a user on a site like that will visit more than one room, and the numbers could have been guesses too)

I guess if it makes me feel weird, I know what to do in future, which is do a quick 180 turn and go back the way I came and find a different room.

thanks again folks!

I'm not a model, but as far as I'm aware, a model on CB can sort users in their room by order of token balance - e.g. highest to lowest.
They cannot see the absolute number of tokens anyone has.
But in a recent thread it was discussed that if a viewer tells the model their balance (I often see guys write something like "wanna go pvt, I have 800 tkns") and you're sittting above them in the sorting order, the model knows that you have at least that many tokens available.
In the same way, if you joined the room and then later suddenly jump higher in the ranked order, the model can make an assumption that you have loaded new tokens into your balance.
Had you visited the room before at all?
Asking about your site habits may just be clever deduction, perhaps based on the likelihood that you seek out similar types of models - be it by hashtag, or by body type, show type, etc.
So I would not assume anything negative about this, and continue to visit that model if you like them. Probably just an experienced model knowing how best to target potential customers.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
I'm not a model, but as far as I'm aware, a model on CB can sort users in their room by order of token balance - e.g. highest to lowest.
They cannot see the absolute number of tokens anyone has.
But in a recent thread it was discussed that if a viewer tells the model their balance (I often see guys write something like "wanna go pvt, I have 800 tkns") and you're sittting above them in the sorting order, the model knows that you have at least that many tokens available.
In the same way, if you joined the room and then later suddenly jump higher in the ranked order, the model can make an assumption that you have loaded new tokens into your balance.
Also, nothing to stop a model having "seeded" accounts with a known token amount sitting in the room as "level indicators". 2-3 of these accounts could show a model a pretty clear indication of what level a person's tokens count on hand is when you have it sorted by token amount (which CB lets models do).

Not that I know anything about this... :lipssealed:

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Also, nothing to stop a model having "seeded" accounts with a known token amount sitting in the room as "level indicators". 2-3 of these accounts could show a model a pretty clear indication of what level a person's tokens count on hand is when you have it sorted by token amount (which CB lets models do).

Not that I know anything about this... :lipssealed:
True, you could probably get a pretty good gauge by having them at, for example, 100, 500, 2000.

Reactions: jekster
Did you click through a hashtag? That will at least indicate what brought you to the room.

Also, I had a regular model tell me she was spying on me and was often jealous. Took me a minute to realize that she was just observing my likes and comments on my CB related Instagram account. So when she referenced certain things or models it was simply because she saw that I liked or commented on their post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.