AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question about moderating on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2022
I was recently chosen by a new model to be her moderator and I was wondering if someone could answer a question I have. If a model were busy and a user needed to be silenced, could the model still kick or ban the user after a moderator has silenced them? I just wonder if it is best to wait and let the model handle the situation or silence the user and have their offending messages removed as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback.

Yes they can still be banned, but they need to go into the gear icon tab and add the name manually, so you may need to keep track of the name for the model, so you can have her ban them, or send it in a PM for her.

In the chat window, where it has Chat, Users, PM, on the right side of that is the "gear icon" tab, this has extra settings in. Scroll to the bottom and there should be a blue text link that says something like "View/Edit ignore/banned list". She can manually enter anyone's name here, and set the ban to last only 30 days or be permanent.

If the user is being rude etc then of course silence them, but have a little discussion with the model first so you know what kind of comments she is ok with, and what the rules clearly are. For example, some models will allow a little bit of dirty talk in the chat from tippers, but not from greys, and if they do it they can be silenced. Basically, just talk, and even if you don't figure everything out instantly, it will happen eventually once you have seen certain messages, situations etc. Just don't get too trigger happy. If you are already a regular you probably have a good idea of what she already likes or hates from guys in public chat.

If there is a message or situation where you're not sure, give her a quick PM or tipnote to ask her, or see if she silences the user, then you can learn from that.

I was recently chosen by a new model to be her moderator and I was wondering if someone could answer a question I have. If a model were busy and a user needed to be silenced, could the model still kick or ban the user after a moderator has silenced them? I just wonder if it is best to wait and let the model handle the situation or silence the user and have their offending messages removed as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback.
Yes they can still be banned, but they need to go into the gear icon tab and add the name manually, so you may need to keep track of the name for the model, so you can have her ban them, or send it in a PM for her.

In the chat window, where it has Chat, Users, PM, on the right side of that is the "gear icon" tab, this has extra settings in. Scroll to the bottom and there should be a blue text link that says something like "View/Edit ignore/banned list". She can manually enter anyone's name here, and set the ban to last only 30 days or be permanent.

If the user is being rude etc then of course silence them, but have a little discussion with the model first so you know what kind of comments she is ok with, and what the rules clearly are. For example, some models will allow a little bit of dirty talk in the chat from tippers, but not from greys, and if they do it they can be silenced. Basically, just talk, and even if you don't figure everything out instantly, it will happen eventually once you have seen certain messages, situations etc. Just don't get too trigger happy. If you are already a regular you probably have a good idea of what she already likes or hates from guys in public chat.

If there is a message or situation where you're not sure, give her a quick PM or tipnote to ask her, or see if she silences the user, then you can learn from that.

CB actually recently changed it where if a moderator silences a user, the model get's a message directly in chat where they can click to undo the silence or revert it into a ban.. So it can be done from within the chatwindow now :)
It just depends on whether or not the chat is moving fast if she'll be able to see it when she gets back to things.

If not then the above about manually going into settings definitely applies.

On top of that if you do silence someone and she doesn't see it in the chat window, if she then goes into said settings, then she also is able to see the usernames of those you've silenced and easily revert a silence into a ban as well (without having to type their username).

The above advice is good though, talk to her about what she expects and what her preferences are. Not just about silencing but also about whether or not you're supposed to do things like advertise stuff, or actively "police" in chat as well. It really depends on the model what they like or don't like and it's always better to communicate about expectations.

Not a model, but I do mod.
Good advice above.
Best thing you can do specific to your question is ask the model how she wants you to deal with such viewers, and then follow that.
Even a well-meaning moderator who comes over as heavy-handed can sometimes do more harm than a few rude, demanding or annoying viewers in the chat.
Anyone who clearly breaches site rules, deal with at once if the model is otherwise occupied. Report them and then silence, and let the model know why.
A screen shot of the chat window can be useful for significant TOS issues, and I sometimes use the ability to make notes against a username (via the same drop-down that you can use to silence).
That way, if they do return in the future, the note is a reminder. But often, rudeness or demands can be addressed simply by pointing them to the model's room rules at the top of the chat pane.

Reactions: ACADIE
A model I knight for came up with a great idea. If her hands are busy or she can’t reach the keyboard, we have a code word. If she says the word and then my username, I silence.

I always know which user she is referring to. All she has to do is say it outloud and I take care of it.

The only thing I have the outright choice on my own to silence for without her code word is Russia-bashing (she is in Belarus).

It just comes down to communication and common sense IMO. Always remember you are there to help, not to take center stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.