AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question for CB Users who add Notes to Users

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2021
UK
cbgifs.com
Chaturbate Username
prophet_iv
I do admit to being a bit of a User Note junkie. I must have added a note to every model I have ever followed, Mods & Fans for Models, and notes against abusive users (many!).

When viewing the User list of any room these Noted Users are easily identified by the little Note Icon at the left of their names.
In the pic below the little Note icon is showing beside "user_with_note"..

noted_user.png

Now recently I have noticed that the little Note Icon is NOT showing against some Users that I have added a notes for in the past.

An example of this would be if I had added a Note to "normal_user" in the past, but now find the Icon is missing.
If I click on normal_user I would find that the note I added IS still in there.
If I edit any part of the Note this will fix the problem for that user as the icon will reappear again.

Is anyone else finding this?

It's hard for me to test because I don't use the notes very much, but I did some messing around, adding notes and leaving and rejoining rooms, and I wasn't able to replicate the issue you're describing. The note icon always displays for me. Sometimes clearing your browser cache can fix issues like this. If not, I'd chalk it up to Chaturbate's messy, buggy code.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
I'd chalk it up to Chaturbate's messy, buggy code
I had been digging into this issue and found that it is an API limitation and not really a bug / fault.

It appears there is no (or very high) limit on how many Users you can add Notes to.

The problem is the API that reports the list of Noted Users back to the User Tab will only return up to 999 user names.
Any names that were not reported back will not get the Note Icon.

When CB implimented this function they must have thought no-one would ever have notes against more that 999 users.

@punker barbie Is it possible to get the CB DEV team to increase the number of Noted Users that the API returns?

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
I do admit to being a bit of a User Note junkie. I must have added a note to every model I have ever followed, Mods & Fans for Models, and notes against abusive users (many!).

When viewing the User list of any room these Noted Users are easily identified by the little Note Icon at the left of their names.
In the pic below the little Note icon is showing beside "user_with_note"..

View attachment 94936

Now recently I have noticed that the little Note Icon is NOT showing against some Users that I have added a notes for in the past.

An example of this would be if I had added a Note to "normal_user" in the past, but now find the Icon is missing.
If I click on normal_user I would find that the note I added IS still in there.
If I edit any part of the Note this will fix the problem for that user as the icon will reappear again.

Is anyone else finding this?
I mod in a lot of rooms, I keep notes on everyone, good/bad/model they're visiting, amount tipped if it's over a few 100. Disappearing note Icon has a been a problem since I started tagging everyone, the info is always in the note, so I just add a . or a , and save again. I also tag everyone with a "My Room" note when the come in my room.

Upvote 0
I mod in a lot of rooms, I keep notes on everyone, good/bad/model they're visiting, amount tipped if it's over a few 100. Disappearing note Icon has a been a problem since I started tagging everyone, the info is always in the note, so I just add a . or a , and save again. I also tag everyone with a "My Room" note when the come in my room.

They now have this fixed so you should find that all your 'noted' users now have the icon showing.

To notice this fault you would have to put notes against > 999 users. It doesn't take long accumulating them. Most of mine have probably quit since I started doing it.

Upvote 0
They now have this fixed so you should find that all your 'noted' users now have the icon showing.

To notice this fault you would have to put notes against > 999 users. It doesn't take long accumulating them. Most of mine have probably quit since I started doing it.

I'm WAY WAY WAY over 999, I bet I tagged 999 alone in my room just tagging the Colombians who constantly run in and out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.