AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Questions About Camming.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2017
I am a visual artist working on an MFA at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago in new media art. I have some questions for camgirls in relationship to a project I am working on.

• Does anyone cam for reasons other than to just make money? If so could you please write a couple of sentences about your reasons?
  • Have any of you ever had a transcendent/spiritual experience while having sex on or off the camera?
  • Have you ever experienced a form or abuse on the cam? If so please explain.
Thank you for your answers. They will help my art practice immensely.

1. Absolutely! I love camming because it gives me an outlet to perform and interact with people on my own terms. Plus, I love all things sex. I was socially anxious and depressed when I first started, so setting my own schedule and having a way to make money from home was invaluable. I know I'm not the only shut-in model who feels this way. I maintain control of my image. Since I started camming, I've gotten into cosplay, studying sexology, and graphic design.

So yes, some people get in it for the money, but they don't last long. It ain't easy to make a living at it.

2. I've had some amazing orgasms on and off cam (one of them was last week!) that some would call transcendent, but I'm not a spiritual person. However, I do believe in the complex beauty of the human mind and have experienced that through sex. The few times I've had divine orgasms, it's like I can feel a hibiscus flower blossoming throughout my body, and when I close my eyes, I see inside of my body. It's the opposite of an out of body experience.

3. Verbally? Yes, frequently enough in chat. It's your typical trollish "ur fat & ugly" bullshit. I treat them like how a stand-up deals with hecklers: take a sec to mock them and kick them out the door. I haven't had anyone dox or stalk me, but I know some models have dealt with that.

Something to bear in mind: as sex workers, our lives and stories are all too often exaggerated and sensationalized. There's no such thing as your typical cammodel, though you'll often see cam models portrayed as young 20 somethings working their way through school. The vast majority of us aren't victims of trafficking or coercion, and we don't want anyone to "save" us cause we don't need saving. We present our ideal selves to the world, but really, we still have to deal with the same day to day shit as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.