AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Questions for models that use video games as part of camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2017
San Francisco, CA
buttplug.engineer
Twitter Username
@qdot
Tumblr Username
qdot
Hi! I'm working on some new software for camming and gaming. The software will be free and open source, so not really trying to get free opinions for my own gain here. :)

In order to make sure I'm designing stuff that will actually be wanted and usable, I've got a few questions for models that use gaming as part of their services.

- Do you usually play on PC or console?
- If PC, what kind of controls do you normally use? Keyboard/mouse, gamepad, other things?
- Do you offer 1:1 gaming sessions?
- Do you game as part of fan club services?
- Do you play games while camming on services like MFC/Chaturbate/etc? Is this even allowed?
- Is there anything you've wanted to use/do in combining camming and gaming that currently isn't available to you?
- Any other details about how you combine camming and gaming would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer!

I always want to this and I have also tried this. I always wondered why you can't find any gaming streamers on CB or other cam sites even though there are so many streamers on Twitch that clearly only became popular because they show some cleavage every now and then.
Twitch has always had very strict rules about this and they're even stricter now. A bit too much skin and you're out.

So I tried it on Chaturbate. Got some software to stream some classic games while camming at the same time and... nobody cared. They just didn't care about the games at all. The people on gaming sites would probably like to see the streamers naked but the people on cam sites don't want to watch you gaming.
Maybe you could build some followers if you just do it long enough but that night was so slow that I just gave up. I still believe there is potential, though, and would still love to do this kind of as my trademark, since I believe I'm a fairly experienced gamer.
Maybe the people who normally just watch gaming streams somehow need to get wind of me. Or maybe we need a new cam site just for this purpose.

Edit: I sent you this huge wall of text and barely answered any of your questions.

I just played games while I was in an open stream. Not private or fan club or anything.
I usually play on PC and I can't stream consoles anyway. Depending on the game, I usually play with keyboard and sometimes with controller but controller is probably better if you want to do sexy stuff while playing.
The games I tried streaming where classic games on an emulator but I'd probably stream all kinds of different games if the viewers were interested.

I stream games on MFC all the time, so I would be quite interested to see where this goes.
As far as your questions:

- Do you usually play on PC or console? Just PC for now, but plan to get a capture card in the future.
- If PC, what kind of controls do you normally use? Keyboard/mouse, gamepad, other things? Keyboard and mouse.
- Do you offer 1:1 gaming sessions? Yes I do, for a tip.
- Do you game as part of fan club services? Not currently, but might consider adding this.
- Do you play games while camming on services like MFC/Chaturbate/etc? Is this even allowed? I game on MFC; have considered gaming on CB but they are ban happy, and have had friends get banned for gaming on Chaturbate.
- Is there anything you've wanted to use/do in combining camming and gaming that currently isn't available to you? Can't really think of an answer for this one
- Any other details about how you combine camming and gaming would be super helpful. I usually play a different game every day of the week; I keep a tip menu in my whiteboard for ways to join the game, whether it be for one game or friend adds. I usually tend to play games that won't kill you if you idle (MMO's and such) but I am changing up my schedule to add two MOBA's on Thursday and Friday's. People don't always care about the game I am playing, but the point is that I am being interesting, and not staring at the screen doing nothing. Gaming sort of pushes me to show my personality. So, anything that can make my gaming experience easier would be amazing. I am currently in limbo between virtual camera software, the one I am using tends to lag in frame rate in the PiP window, so if you are building a software, that would be my number one concern (which is probably obvious to you, but maaaaan I have run into some insanely laggy software). Other than that, the ability to add my own text and watermarking is also vital - being able to add multiple effects at once (of text, etc) would also be amazing [which again, may seem obvious - but it's a very important feature to have if you want cam models to use your software].

If I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to follow up on this. :)
Hope I was able to provide any help at all, haha.

It is against their rules. You can find it here: https://support.chaturbate.com/customer/portal/articles/2824180-obs-rtmp-information-
  • "Do not play any copyrighted content on your stream, including video games and adding song titles to the screen."
They did get on one streamer for showing the name and title of the song on their screen, so if they catch you playing games- you might get a warning too. Its possible no one will catch you and you'll be fine, but its def against their rules according to their blog post. Its a huge bummer! There really needs to be an adult cam site that is like Twitch! (Nood.tv might be kind of like this? One of her beta testers did play video games on there)

Reactions: Teagan and LeiaSky
Did it also take you a while to get followers who actually interested in you gaming or did you have an interested audience from the start?
Well, I just started on MFC a month or two ago so I am still building my following, but it's about 50/50 - I try to cater to both sides (those interested, and those not) by not only playing the game, but trying to put on a huge show on the camera as well - it can get exhausting and some days I am just like "fuck it" haha. Having good tags really helps people to find you, and so I include gaming for the ones that are really looking for it. :)

I did play video games a couple of times while streaming on CB. I didn't ever show the screen or have audio tho, so the video feed was just me sitting there with an Xbox controller and a tip vibe in, lol.

- Do you usually play on PC or console? I always just played Skyrim on my Xbox 360.
- If PC, what kind of controls do you normally use? Keyboard/mouse, gamepad, other things? N/A
- Do you offer 1:1 gaming sessions? No
- Do you game as part of fan club services? No
- Do you play games while camming on services like MFC/Chaturbate/etc? Is this even allowed? It's definitely a grey area. I'm not sure what the rules explicitly say regarding video games, but we aren't supposed to use "copyrighted material". That gets ignored for stuff like music, but broadcasters have been banned mid-stream for playing video games. That's why I always just allude to it and talk about what I'm doing out loud, but never include the audio or video.
- Is there anything you've wanted to use/do in combining camming and gaming that currently isn't available to you? I guess I've never really thought about that before. It would be cool to have an easy way to do maybe a gaming session with a customer while charging and having the ability to receive tips. I currently only work on Streamate and I'm not sure how big of a market there would be for something like that. But maybe people doing Skype sessions, etc. would appreciate something like that.

For me another big problem is that I simply don't know any websites that allow both video game streaming and transsexual performers.
If you know any, please tell me about them.
Otherwise you might have to start your own cam site. :p

Reactions: LeiaSky
- Do you usually play on PC or console? PC always!!
- If PC, what kind of controls do you normally use? Keyboard/mouse, gamepad, other things? Keyboard and sometimes Steam controller.
- Do you offer 1:1 gaming sessions? I personally do not do anything private, but I'll sometimes offer games or friend adds as tip menu options.
- Do you game as part of fan club services? No, but I've considered it.
- Do you play games while camming on services like MFC/Chaturbate/etc? Is this even allowed? Yes, on MFC! MFC recently launched their safe for work site Cammunity and it's even better for gaming. I've explicitly emailed MFC support about if it's allowed and they said yes, it is.
- Is there anything you've wanted to use/do in combining camming and gaming that currently isn't available to you? I haven't found a good way to display tips/tip messages on screen similar to Twitch Alerts.
- Any other details about how you combine camming and gaming would be super helpful. My preferred software to use is OBS, but it doesn't have an option or plugin to output the video stream as a camera to the computer. Xsplit automatically does this, so that's the only software I can use to game. The biggest problem with gaming on MFC isn't something that can be solved with software though, it's the resolution. The highest resolution MFC supports is 600x800, which is incredibly limiting. The reason I don't stream on Twitch is the chat delay, 30 seconds is too long. I know that's more of a site issue than a software issue, but you might want to be aware of it.

I also used to do LoL shows on Streamate ages ago. That site was HD, and was easy to use with OBS, so I don't have any recommendations for that.

Thanks to everyone who replied so far! This has been super helpful. I'm poking a few of you on twitter with more questions (and more people want to reply, please do! the more input the better), and once I get this software figured out I'll definitely be posting about it on here for everyone to use. :D

Chaturbate actually has rules against streaming games on cam, something to do with copyright issues. If there was a site that would let me play Skyrim topless though I'd be so down (and a lot of my fans have expressed interest, too!)

Reactions: rstanton
And forgot to do the thing, my bad!

- PC
- Keyboard/mouse
- I don't currently but would be willing if anyone was interested.
- No, I have fan club disabled
- I have before and it's not allowed- even just turning the screen on your 3DS to the camera for a sec was enough to give me a warning.
- THE ENTIRE THING, I hate that Twitch has the 'revealing tops' thing and chaturbate has the copyright BS!

Can anyone explain to me why CB has to worry about copyright issues if someone streams a game on their site but Twitch or YouTube don't?

Can anyone explain to me why CB has to worry about copyright issues if someone streams a game on their site but Twitch or YouTube don't?
Twitch and YouTube mostly operate on good will with game companies. They could technically sue for copyright violations if they wanted, iirc. It's happened a few times on youtube.

Twitch and YouTube mostly operate on good will with game companies. They could technically sue for copyright violations if they wanted, iirc. It's happened a few times on youtube.
So I guess it would be pretty much impossible for an adult can site to get such an agreement with the companies.

So I guess it would be pretty much impossible for an adult can site to get such an agreement with the companies.
Pretty much. Companies don't want to be associated with adult sites, especially if the games are marketed towards children. On the other hand, causing a stink about it would create press that associates them with the issue. There's no clear answer.

Just curious if there is a particular reason you're developing new software when software like XSplit and OBS is so readily available, easy to use, and versatile? Not trying to knock ya, genuinely curious.

Just curious if there is a particular reason you're developing new software when software like XSplit and OBS is so readily available, easy to use, and versatile? Not trying to knock ya, genuinely curious.

Oh yeah, what I'm doing has nothing to do with streaming. That's not really an area I wanna tackle. :)

I work with sex toy hardware (see http://buttplug.io http://metafetish.com) and am working to integrate computer controlled sex toys with games, in ways that may be interesting to cam models.

Pretty much. Companies don't want to be associated with adult sites, especially if the games are marketed towards children. On the other hand, causing a stink about it would create press that associates them with the issue. There's no clear answer.

BTW, just a bit of interesting history here, someone did actually try this before, sorta! There was a site about like, 7-8 years ago called Gamecrush. I wrote an article on it, along with VSex, a site where users could control fucking machines and models could "rate" their control:

https://www.metafetish.com/2011/03/14/scored-sex-vsex-and-gamecrush/

Neither site exists anymore, and it looks like gamecrush wasn't really meant to go as far as it did, as the wikipedia article mentions them having to implement "a user rating system help prevent the rampant nudity found on that site":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameCrush

Oh yeah, what I'm doing has nothing to do with streaming. That's not really an area I wanna tackle. :)

I work with sex toy hardware (see http://buttplug.io http://metafetish.com) and am working to integrate computer controlled sex toys with games, in ways that may be interesting to cam models.
Oooooooooooooooooh well in that case... FUCK YESSSSS, SON. GET IT.

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie and qDot
Looking for info with models who game on cam using their Mac. I want to play on my PS4 and then cam Mfc from my Mac but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. The only way I knew how was through ManyCam, but if you have a Mac you know that it doesn't work well on Mac.

Looking for info with models who game on cam using their Mac. I want to play on my PS4 and then cam Mfc from my Mac but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. The only way I knew how was through ManyCam, but if you have a Mac you know that it doesn't work well on Mac.
I use CamTwist on my Mac, never been a fan of ManyCam. Or do you mean something like having the game on screen with you? For that you'll probably need a capture card.

I use CamTwist on my Mac, never been a fan of ManyCam. Or do you mean something like having the game on screen with you? For that you'll probably need a capture card.
I use cam twist for camming but for some reason whenever I try the picture in picture option the second feed is just that weird static image..but yeah I think from everything I've read I need to get a capture card to show it

Status
Not open for further replies.