AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Questions for remote working models about joining an unknown platform, Onlyfans, business and entry fee?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2017
Let’s say you get a message on twitter/ Instagram/ email or any social media platform.

About joining a website like Onlyfans/Patreon that focus on one niche/ category example. (Cosplay/ POV/ Ass Worship/ etc.)

1. How much would they need to pay you in an entry fee to get you interested/ open up negotiation?

2. If they were to a fundraiser for you, how much would I need to raise to get you interested?

I'd need to see credentials first, and a solid business plan as well as the drafts for TOS and model agreements that cover intellectual property rights.

But also I'd probably just assume you were a bot or a scammer and delete the message 🤷‍♀️

Well, that's more or less the executive summary for a fairly large subset of Twitch streamers. Actually doing any work in order to earn money is so 20th century.
I see it as another similarity between webcamming and the contemporary art world, CheeseMoon. Scammers and weirdos who waste your time are fact of life hazards that artists and models have to contend with, along with having our intelligence insulted.

Scammers and weirdos who waste your time are fact of life hazards that artists and models have to contend with, along with having our intelligence insulted.
Although not everybody fits the bill, the "brilliant" ideas that are posted here with regular intervals are almost always about skimming off other people's work without providing any additional value. Sometimes they are outright long cons, sometimes they are just thoughtless and stupid and occiasionally they are good-ish but half assed. I have no skin in the game whatsoever, but it always fascinates me how quickly the really shitty/scammy/weirdo ideas are picked apart here. The ACF hive mind is not to be trifled with.

I've seen two "business opportunity" threads already since I've been here. I don't know if I was more impressed by their charming personalities or their professionalism.

Kind of like this guy with a camera I met who proposed a TFP arrangement... :)

Although not everybody fits the bill, the "brilliant" ideas that are posted here with regular intervals are almost always about skimming off other people's work without providing any additional value. Sometimes they are outright long cons, sometimes they are just thoughtless and stupid and occiasionally they are good-ish but half assed. I have no skin in the game whatsoever, but it always fascinates me how quickly the really shitty/scammy/weirdo ideas are picked apart here. The ACF hive mind is not to be trifled with.
Mention it and they will come - https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/not-an-agency-is-looking-for-models.43505/

A new adult platform is like a startup before the first funding series, they shouldn’t be looking for models, they should be looking for angel investors.
1. Have a vague idea (Free nudes!)
2. Focus solely on the technical stuff (I have a camera! There will be crypto!)
3. Skip the business plan altogether (Revenue isn't the same as profits? How so?)
4. Present your fly-by-night thing on ACF and suffer the consequences.

1. Have a vague idea (Free nudes!)
2. Focus solely on the technical stuff (I have a camera! There will be crypto!)
3. Skip the business plan altogether (Revenue isn't the same as profits? How so?)
4. Present your fly-by-night thing on ACF and suffer the consequences.
Revenue or profit was never the sole purpose. Look at ManyVids for example, body positivity is a core value, or Chaturbate that values free expression and tolerance. I’m not saying that it improves them, just that like every other vanilla company, an adult entertainment platform requires a vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.