AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

questions from the very beginner

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2020
Hi! I am thinking to start working in the webcamming industry.
I have a few questions for You girls. :h: Please help :h:
  1. Sending a copy of ID is it a normal part of registration on websites as a cam girl? Is it safe? I see in websites like https://celeb.tv/ or https://admireme.vip/become-vip/eh6tu4j4vu/ I have to send them a copy of my ID and I am a little bit afraid.
  2. Are You not afraid that Your friends, colleagues from work, school etc or members of the family like uncles, cousins, father recognise You in the Web during your webcamming work?
  3. How You protect yourself not to be recognized? Wearing a wig, glasses? What else? I really don't want to be recognized.
  4. And I don't want somebody to discover what I am doing. Do You have an experience that You got a letter to your home address from the webcamming website because of charges back or some other things?
  5. I want to start webcamming with writing a message with the guys. Which websites do You recommend? How much I can earn like that working 2-4 hours a day?
  6. How You protect yourself from chargebacks. I don't want to work, get paid and then give the money back... There is some trick You can protect Yourself from that or some good websites where they protect You from that?
I will be very grateful for the answers :h: :h:

1) yes. You have to age verify and be able to collect payment. This is required for any job

2) yep, not preferred that people find out but do not do this if that is a big deal to you. It's the internet. It's forever

3) geoblocking can be done but most sites require your face to be shown to prove the person camming is the same person that was verified.

4) I don't get anything in the mail really except the 1099. Seriously, don't cam if you don't want to be discovered.

5) writing a message to guys?? You mean instead of audio? Most sites require audio. Chaturbate isn't very strict with audio but tippers prefer it. Income can be anywhere from $0 to I think I've made $1250 in 3 hours. You'll only know your average once you've been camming at least a few months regularly and have a decent following.

6) you don't get chargebacks for token sites for token transactions. I've had chargebacks on the affiliate income for things like stolen cards etc.

I don't think camming is for you if the idea of someone finding out is unfathomable. You need to be ok that people will find out. It happens all the time. Doesn't happen to everyone that they're doxxed but don't think you'll be the exception.

Thank You for the answer :) :h: :h:
1. face to be shown all the time?? during perform, photos? profile pictures? Do You know some pages where it is not an obligation? If I wear a wig, glasses I will look different like from ID anyway...
2. What is 1099?
3. Yes instead of audio. Any more than Chaturbate? 1250 income from sending a message to the guy? or everything like shows, phone call, pictures etc.
4. Could You recommend please some safe token sites?
5. So the customers can chargeback just for a serious reason, right? not just because they want the money back and don't pay for the service.

Wiola, if it is a concern that you will be outed, don’t do it.

Disguising your identify will get you banned on most sites because they have to ensure all performers are adults. This is a legal protection for them and for children. You could probably do like, NiteFlirt and just chat/call.
MFC, Chaturbate, Streammate, those sites generally try to protect the models from chargebacks. If you make it a policy not to accept payment outside of reputable sites, you should be good.
The 1099 is the document for earned income from a contractor. The sites don’t take taxes, it’s on you to file and pay appropriately.

Hi! I am thinking to start working in the webcamming industry.
I have a few questions for You girls. :h: Please help :h:
  1. Sending a copy of ID is it a normal part of registration on websites as a cam girl? Is it safe? I see in websites like https://celeb.tv/ or https://admireme.vip/become-vip/eh6tu4j4vu/ I have to send them a copy of my ID and I am a little bit afraid.
Make sure you research the sites you are looking to work with, especially if they are not one of the more well known sites. There are a lot of sites that pop up and then close down without ever paying out a penny to performers.
  1. Are You not afraid that Your friends, colleagues from work, school etc or members of the family like uncles, cousins, father recognize You in the Web during your webcamming work?
  2. How You protect yourself not to be recognized? Wearing a wig, glasses? What else? I really don't want to be recognized.
There is no real way to protect against being recognized. Even if people dont recognize you now, facial recognition software is a very real thing and gets better every year. Anything you put on the internet will never completely go away. So if your not comfortable with someone finding out you do adult work (either finding out now or finding out in 5 or even 10 years that you have done it) then I wouldn't recommend starting, geo restrictions only go so far and are easily bypassed, and sites that re-upload stolen content dont honor these restrictions.
And I don't want somebody to discover what I am doing. Do You have an experience that You got a letter to your home address from the webcamming website because of charges back or some other things?

I have never recived anything other than payment cheques when I was getting paid by cheque. However I am outside of the USA so I dont recieve the 1099 (it's the papers for your taxe's btw)
  1. I want to start webcamming with writing a message with the guys. Which websites do You recommend? How much I can earn like that working 2-4 hours a day?
From what you have said I wouldnt recommend any sites. If you just want to do texts then there are services like SextPanther that do that, but I personally havnt worked with them. As for how much you can earn, it's highly variable, you can make anything from $0 up.
  1. How You protect yourself from chargebacks. I don't want to work, get paid and then give the money back... There is some trick You can protect Yourself from that or some good websites where they protect You from that?
I will be very grateful for the answers :h: :h:

Some sites handle charge backs, some dont, some split the cost with you, you will need to read through the terms of the agreement of the site you are looking to work with, if it's not mentioned then my assumption is that chargebacks are not covered but you can always message support for more information. Chargebacks are an inevitable part of any online business, and the adult industry is said to have a higher rate than normal. when setting your target's, (if the site dosnt cover chargebacks) set a % for breakage. money you expect to be refunded, that way when it happens you have it covered and accounted for.

Stay away from payment providers that do not allow for payments for adult proformers or adult servies (like paypal, cashapp, vinmo etc). when they close your account they size the funds so at that point you loose everything that was in the account.

Again, check a sites reputation BEFORE you send them your ID. There's bigger risks than not getting paid....like identity theft, if you see a site you want to work on and struggle to find info on it ask on the forum if anyone has experience with it.

3. Yes instead of audio. Any more than Chaturbate? 1250 income from sending a message to the guy? or everything like shows, phone call, pictures etc.
I'm sorry but I think that's a little ridiculous.
I don't think you completely understand what cam-girls do.
Nobody's gonna pay you $1250 for sending one message to whoever.
That's simply not the case in this industry.
There is a lot of info all over the Internet, especially on this forum. This forum is full of all kinds of info you MUST know before joining literally any cam-site.
Camming is a hard, unsafe work. Emotionally and physically draining.
You can make it a little easier and safer by doing some research and setting your boundaries.
There are some unique exceptions (like in any other industry) but it isn't what you should rely on. Mostly, models put a lot of effort into camming to make it work. We take all possible and impossible risks to succeed.
You'll be found out. Deal with it or drop that idea until it's too late.
There's a wonderful thread dedicated to this topic: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/reality-check.1123/

If you decide to join anyway, DO. SOME. RESEARCH. ON. YOUR. OWN.

Surely, models are here to help each other but I find it a little exhausting to answer the same questions every day. We're having enough of this in our work routine.
You can search here, on the forum.
Use some key-words and read, read, read.
If you have any questions AFTER reading the shit ton of info, you always can ask.

But you won't make it work without the simplest steps made towards your desirable goal (getting into the cam-world).

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh but I'm getting a little tired of all these "I've heard that people pay you $500.000 a minute for a sexy wink at the cam, is that true? Also, what if I don't want to wink? I'd prefer to not show my face at all, not send my ID to the site, not speak to members and not being found out and outed. Are they willing to pay me at least $250.000 a minute anyway?".

Thank You, everyone, for answer :h: :h: All of them was very very helpful. I will learn more about webcam and make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.