AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Razor Burn: Major Turnoff or NBD?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's visible on cam to you, mess with the exposure and brightness until it's still watchable but you can't tell it's there or at least doesn't look as bad.

I gave up shaving my upper pubic area entirely because I get the WORST razor burn and ingrown hairs and nothing can help it at all.

OMG get yourself a new razor already. XD A safety razor for sensitive areas. That or a Bikini razor. (Single Blade razor)

rinse with apple cider vinegar. coat with honey for 5 minutes. rinse with cool water.

or apply witch hazel.

i getrazor burn no matter what i do. i cam anyways with it. if someone bitches about it, ignore or ban them. most guys seem not to notice or pay any mind to it.

People will be fickle, no matter what happens with what you do: Shave, don't shave. Grow a bush, or trim it up with clippers. Find something that helps to negate the razor burn, such as what @AudriTwo suggested, or a shaving lotion or balm. And yes, blade maintenance is important. ;)

DE safety razor and feather blades for life, so cheap I can and do use a fresh blade every time. If you’re a newbie to DE razors stay away from feather until you’re confident you won’t accidentally murderize yourself.

At least it's not a straight edge. :p

I get bad razor burn but I have figured out a way to finally get rid of it and it makes me so happy. Basically I didn’t shave for like a week. Then instead of shaving I used nair on the parts where I get the worst razor burn and then just lightly touched up with a new razor whatever was missed. I have done this now for 2 weeks in a row and all my razor burn is gone and it looks sooo much better.

I'm curious about what you guys think of razor burn. I've got a bad case of it right now (clearly need to change my blade, lol), and I'm worried it's a problem so I've been doing my best to hide it.

Is seeing razor burn on a model a big turnoff? Or am I making a mountain out of my red bumps? :p

I don't hate it - different strokes for different folks.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilah_Marquise
What resolution are you streaming at? It might not even be visible.

This. I get razor burn, too, and was freaking out one day when it was especially bad, but got on cam and you couldn't even see it! I mean, I don't put my pussy right up to the cam anyway, but I will show it. I was hoping that since I have to shave it so much, that area would just get used to it and be less sensitive or something! haha! So far, no.

Reactions: Shhhamrock
I have never had anyone comment on it. The only comments I ever get are about how "smooth" I look--when I'm not. Every form of hair removal I've ever tried results in razor burn, irritation from wearing panties afterwards, ingrown hairs, or all of the above. My solution is to just not care so much about shaving so close, since even with dark hair and pale skin no one seems to be able to tell, even with HD, unless I do a closeup. If there's a lot of redness I usually turn colour saturation on my cam down a tiny bit, but it's probably not even necessary.

I'm just gonna add a few more tips on avoiding razor burn:

1. Fresh blades every time. Don't store them in the shower.
2. Save it til the end of your shower/bath so your skin is thoroughly steamed.
3. Exfoliate the area.
4. Spread baby oil (or whatever oil is handy) over the area before covering it in shaving cream. This helps the blade glide over your skin and is the best trick for limiting razor burn imo.
5. Avoid adding heavily perfumed products after (which is a good rule in general for genital health). Use a simple (preferably fragrance free) lotion if you have dry skin. Dab some petroleum jelly on any burn if you get it.
6. Wear breathable cotton underwear after. Or just don't wear anything! Let it cool and dry so the pores have time to shrink and any cuts you got close up.

I make my own sugar wax now (which is a great cost-saver if you have a high pain tolerance and experience boiling sugar), but I still use these tricks on my underarms and legs.

i want to add, most of these guys have women they have been intimate w/ their life. i'm sure they dived face first into razor burn snatch and wasn't even fazed. I don't think I ever been w/ a guy who had an issue w/ it.

Was thinking majority of guys would give zero fs

Perv story time-Reminds me when I was a Highschooler working landscaping and the college girl at the house taught swimming. Huge crush she has razor burn so it would be kind of a role play fsntasy.

I'm curious about what you guys think of razor burn.
I don't like it, but it is not a show stopper.

However, "razor burn" is most likely a symptom of improper shaving technique. As mentioned above, try to shave after a bath/shower, but one thing I have not seen mentioned is to ALWAYS shave with the grain. All hair follicles have a direction that they come out of the skin. Shaving against that direction may seem like it gets a closer shave, but it is also more likely to result in ingrown hairs (razor burn).

So I'm lazy and have just stopped shaving my bush for the most part past trimming and grooming it to be neat, but here's my tips for not getting razor burn if it matters to you(cause trust me, most guys don't give a fuck).

Exfoliate first. I find this stuff to be amazing when it comes to the bush area(and it's also nice on your face). A plain old sugar scrub is fine for your legs, arms, and armpits though. They're usually not as sensitive. You can also exfoliate after if you're feeling frisky, though I wouldn't suggest it if you're using a sugar scrub on the rest of your body. Sugar can be kind of aggressive.

Use witch hazel right when you get out of the shower. It stings so good.

Lotion yourself. I like this stuff and this stuff(I know it's an MLM, but shit, I love it) for body and baby lotion or unscented lotion like lubriderm for bush area. Don't put scented stuff on sensitive skin like your face and privates.

That's how I kept from having razor burn when I was a stripper.

ALWAYS shave with the grain.

I always hear this tip suggested, but I must have mutant-ass hair, because every time I've tried it, absolutely nothing happened and I had to shave against the grain like I normally do in order to actually remove the hair.

I'm curious about what you guys think of razor burn. I've got a bad case of it right now (clearly need to change my blade, lol), and I'm worried it's a problem so I've been doing my best to hide it.

Is seeing razor burn on a model a big turnoff? Or am I making a mountain out of my red bumps? :p

Try applying concealer to the red bumps and cuts! I recently discovered this before getting ready to cam. I had to do some quick thinking. “Good job, me”.

I don't like it, but it is not a show stopper.

However, "razor burn" is most likely a symptom of improper shaving technique. As mentioned above, try to shave after a bath/shower, but one thing I have not seen mentioned is to ALWAYS shave with the grain. All hair follicles have a direction that they come out of the skin. Shaving against that direction may seem like it gets a closer shave, but it is also more likely to result in ingrown hairs (razor burn).

I appreciate the sentiment, but I know how to shave. XD Yes, with the grain. I've been doing it for a long time. There are plenty of helpful tricks here, a couple which I haven't tried yet, and will look into. But when your skin is as sensitive as mine, sometimes a little razor burn is inevitable. It happens, and I was just curious how guys felt about it. :)

I get razor burn from time to time and usually just slick a little of my face primer on the areas and dust with finishing powder. It does enough to soften the look of it to not be visible on cam! Some peoples skin(like mine) theres no way of avoiding it unfortunately. I do it more for my own comfort because if anyone ever said anything shitty about it I would just laugh at them and inform them that we are all human and if they arent into humans they are in fhe wrong room haha

I always hear this tip suggested, but I must have mutant-ass hair, because every time I've tried it, absolutely nothing happened and I had to shave against the grain like I normally do in order to actually remove the hair.

For some people, there really isn't much of a "with the grain" when it comes to hair growth since the follicles are at different angles. My neck is that way, and I'm forced to shave it in three different directions to get a smooth shave.

Reactions: Osyrus
I get razor burn from time to time and usually just slick a little of my face primer on the areas and dust with finishing powder. It does enough to soften the look of it to not be visible on cam! Some peoples skin(like mine) theres no way of avoiding it unfortunately. I do it more for my own comfort because if anyone ever said anything shitty about it I would just laugh at them and inform them that we are all human and if they arent into humans they are in fhe wrong room haha

As long as there isn't some mutant looking thing down there, that tries to eat me when I'm anywhere close... ;)

For some people, there really isn't much of a "with the grain" when it comes to hair growth since the follicles are at different angles. My neck is that way, and I'm forced to shave it in three different directions to get a smooth shave.

I've only tried it on my legs, which have a very definite growth pattern. If I shave down, nothing happens. If I shave up, smooth legs! My pits and pubes get shaved up, down, left, and right, because that's the only way to get those areas smooth.

Try applying concealer to the red bumps and cuts! I recently discovered this before getting ready to cam. I had to do some quick thinking. “Good job, me”.
I have very bad razor burn even though I do all the things (long hot shower, exfoliate, new blade etc) and at best its just...not as bad as it could be. I always slather on some make up before heading on cam. Idk if it is something customers notice but it helps me to feel more confident about my bikini line not looking like it was shaved with a rusty bread knife. And I'm trying an at home laser hair remover so hopefully one day this will be a problem of my past.

Personally, don't care. Life happens. If I like a model, that is the least of my concerns. If I'm just stopping by, probably not on my list of staying or going. No big deal. Unless you're planning on a close up photo shoot of, you know.

Personally, it's not exactly my favorite thing to see, but mainly because I always imagine that it is uncomfortable for the girl. But I would NEVER be so rude as to comment on it. For myself, I make my own shave oil and never use anything else. No soap or creams. I sent a small bottle of my oil to a model friend who was having a razor burn problem. She loved it so I sent her a couple of bigger bottles. You can find the recipe here on youtube: the only thing I do different is I add a little tea tree oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.