AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Real or fake? How would you respond?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxlsuperlouis

Cam Model
Nov 18, 2020
Denver, CO
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@xxlsuperlouis
Chaturbate Username
xxlrollingpapers
Hello everyone. Got this message from a cam model I followed on twitter and chaturbate at one point. Who wouldn’t feel bad if this was real?. (I’m assuming it’s not 😬) If you think it’s fake too, I’m curious if this is this actually a successful method that cam girls use?265C465E-7FF4-4A41-AE96-146BA357351D.jpeg

Any person could be swindling people. I wouldn't just limit it to the cam girl profession. There's no way of knowing if it's real or fake, and I'm not sure what the point of hypothesizing would be exactly?

I have been doing this 6 years, and never sent a message like that.
There are all kinds of people in this business, just like any business though. And recently onlyfans has drawn a lot more people to try to make money off of nudes online. Not all of them have much business experience, and different people are OK, ethically, with different things. This isn't the type of message I'd personally be OK with sending, whether true or not, but different people have different ethics and boundary lines.

Cam models are independent contractors. Therefore if they are working offsites using cash app, I have no idea the rules and limits. I never work offsites, that don't have strict rules.
I see that message the same as I'd see someone sitting at the side of the road w/ a cardboard sign. Could be true, might not? No service is being offered though, so it seems like a GoFundMe project, that would do better on that site.

ETA; I cam model and support myself and my family with the money I make from my business, and have for many years. So that to me, isn't a professional business message, or the type of message I would want followers to associate with my brand. Other models may see that differently, I'm not sure. None of the models I have ever followed across a wide array of sites, have ever sent me a message like that. I would respond by messaging back letting her know about GoFundMe. Then I would discourage further message convo, in a polite but firm way. That's how I would respond.

Last edited:
Any person could be swindling people. I wouldn't just limit it to the cam girl profession. There's no way of knowing if it's real or fake, and I'm not sure what the point of hypothesizing would be exactly?

I have been doing this 6 years, and never sent a message like that.
There are all kinds of people in this business, just like any business though. And recently onlyfans has drawn a lot more people to try to make money off of nudes online. Not all of them have much business experience, and different people are OK, ethically, with different things. This isn't the type of message I'd personally be OK with sending, whether true or not, but different people have different ethics and boundary lines.

Cam models are independent contractors. Therefore if they are working offsites using cash app, I have no idea the rules and limits. I never work offsites, that don't have strict rules.
I see that message the same as I'd see someone sitting at the side of the road w/ a cardboard sign. Could be true, might not? No service is being offered though, so it seems like a GoFundMe project, that would do better on that site.

ETA; I cam model and support myself and my family with the money I make from my business, and have for many years. So that to me, isn't a professional business message, or the type of message I would want followers to associate with my brand. Other models may see that differently, I'm not sure. None of the models I have ever followed across a wide array of sites, have ever sent me a message like that. I would respond by messaging back letting her know about GoFundMe. Then I would discourage further message convo, in a polite but firm way. That's how I would respond.

True. I agree that any person could be swindling someone. I wouldn't limit this to the cam girl profession either.

I’m hypothesizing because I thought it was interesting, I wanted someone else’s perspective, and I thought by posting it here I could get an idea of how often it happens. I was also curious if maybe she sent this out in a mass text and it made me wonder if this was profitable.

I've been doing this almost 2 years ,and I think it's my first time seeing this too.

I see what you're saying. There is a certain amoutnt "lying" on cam thats generally acceptable to most people. Whether its to play out someones fantasy or to protect a model's privacy so I think it's kind of interesting to see what people think about a message like this.

I wouldn't think this was okay either unless this is was a normal thing in the industry. Judging by your response it doesn't seem to be.

You're right. It doesn't seem professional or like something myself or the model in question would associate with our brands. Which is maybe another thing that made it stand out to me.

Thanks for taking the time and providing a well thought out response. 😁

Reactions: MarieElise
I wouldn't think this was okay either unless this is was a normal thing in the industry. Judging by your response it doesn't seem to be.

Idk it's not normal for me, but there's a whole new breed out there, of aggressive sales techniques. I've been seeing it more and more since Covid.

I do think it would be interesting to know if this person has lots of videos up, and if they stream a lot live. Some people do seem to think that adult work means getting money for free, when they first get into the adult world, and they are definitely in for a rude awakening. Do you know, if this model is on the usual sites; manyvids, c4s, onlyfans etc Have they made many clips etc for sale? Do they stream live regularly if not? If they do a lot of these things, then I would assume maybe there might be more truth to it. If they don't have clips up, or very few, and don't get online very regularly, I'd assume they are after easy money, without doing much work for it. I guess that's the only investigation ideas I have, that might yield an idea. They still won't let us know if it's true or not, but that kind of thing would influence whether I gave any cash or not.

Lol, after saying there is no point to hypothesizing, I admit, I am curious now too. So I take that back. Now I'm hypothesizing, so I see why you are curious now lol. I am too.

the only person who would really know if it was real or fake would be that cammodel. hospitals are allowing limited vistors. my brothers werent allowed to visit my mother when she was in the hospital with an infection. only her spouse. depending on the hospital, none at all if they are an adult.

$200 to get her phone turned back on? if she is that strapped for cash, she can go to boost mobile or somewhere similar and get a $10 plan with a $20 flip phone instead of paying high rates for a premium service. google voice offers free numbers. she can use her internet to make a voice over ip call and sms text.

I do think it would be interesting to know if this person has lots of videos up, and if they stream a lot live. Do you know, if this model is on the usual sites; manyvids, c4s, onlyfans etc Have they made many clips etc for sale? Do they stream live regularly if not? If they do a lot of these things, then I would assume maybe there might be more truth to it. If they don't have clips up, or very few, and don't get online very regularly, I'd assume they are after easy money, without doing much work for it. I guess that's the only investigation ideas I have, that might yield an idea. They still won't let us know if it's true or not, but that kind of thing would influence whether I gave any cash or not.

Lol, after saying there is no point to hypothesizing, I admit, I am curious now too. So I take that back. Now I'm hypothesizing, so I see why you are curious now lol. I am too.

Her Onlyfans ( free) has 171 posts and advertises 200+ available pictures and videos. Looks like she's on Chaturbate (nearly 30,000 followers) and OF. Her last broadcast was 4 days ago. I'm not sure how often besides that because I stopped following here maybe a few months ago.

Right! lol she doesn't seem like the begging type.

One of my initial thoughts was, maybe she sends this out to guys to make them feel like a hero for saving her in a rough time.

I don't think I could see myself doing something like this with my current brand.

Reactions: MarieElise
the only person who would really know if it was real or fake would be that cammodel. hospitals are allowing limited vistors. my brothers werent allowed to visit my mother when she was in the hospital with an infection. only her spouse. depending on the hospital, none at all if they are an adult.

$200 to get her phone turned back on? if she is that strapped for cash, she can go to boost mobile or somewhere similar and get a $10 plan with a $20 flip phone instead of paying high rates for a premium service. google voice offers free numbers. she can use her internet to make a voice over ip call and sms text.
Right? I'm really surprised to see something like this from that particular model. Like it seems like this doesn't even make sense but you truly never know someone's situation. I should have also added I even messaged her for advice once and she took the time to respond. Nothing too weird. Thats been our only interaction.

Reactions: ava1992
Her Onlyfans ( free) has 171 posts and advertises 200+ available pictures and videos. Looks like she's on Chaturbate (nearly 30,000 followers) and OF. Her last broadcast was 4 days ago. I'm not sure how often besides that because I stopped following here maybe a few months ago.
Hmm the mystery thickens.

maybe she sends this out to guys to make them feel like a hero for saving her in a rough time
I think you are onto something there. There is a whole fetish category for Damsel in Distress. I think some guys have that fetish without realizing it. They are probably the same dudes that get targeted by the Love Cons, and studios where they pretend to be your girlfriend and start coming up with problem after problem, that only the dude in question's wallet can save.

I have a regular who has that fetish, and he has me act out these long 30-60 minute shows, where we go through this whole scenario of me being bullied, and then he comes to the rescue and saves me (not on a horse, in his car). Then of course we roleplay rescue sex, but his fetish is; Damsel in Distress. It's actually pretty hot. I think you might be right. A lot of these scammers are playing to that unconscious knight in shining armor to the rescue thing.

• Funny!
Reactions: ava1992 and DoD404
I think it’s safe to say it’s not real as @AudriTwo pointed out. $200 to turn her phone back on? She could have at least come up with a better story lol but it is kind of hot especially since we have know way of knowing how many people got that message. I have to admit the damsel in distress thing is definitely a turn on for me 😁

Joking :

hmmm i need also 500 dollars to buy myself a new nail colour that i saw on sale :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: nodody wants to help me , damm ! i really do not know whom to ask for help :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

ahhhh and another 1000 dollars because my cat needs surgery imediatelly ( i do not even have a cat :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: but i always picture my neighbour cat if you need proof i have one )

and to not be enough i also need another 300 just to look at them to know that i have them :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I have a regular who has that fetish, and he has me act out these long 30-60 minute shows, where we go through this whole scenario of me being bullied, and then he comes to the rescue and saves me (not on a horse, in his car). Then of course we roleplay rescue sex, but his fetish is; Damsel in Distress. It's actually pretty hot. I think you might be right. A lot of these scammers are playing to that unconscious knight in shining armor to the rescue thing.
is his name tony? if so, i think we share the same reg.

is his name tony? if so, i think we share the same reg.
We share the same Reg. I have not been on much this year, but before that when I was streaming regularly, he got a lot of shows.

Hmph the nerve of this guy, I'm not the only chick he rescues (just kidding lol) :rofl:
Apparently Tony is quite a busy man resuing Damsels.

ETA; I bought slutty denim cut-off shorts just for his shows, but I'm not saving them just for him. I'm sure I'll put them to good use hehe.

Last edited:
Assuming she's American because she asked for cashapp It's definitely fake. Why would she need $200 to pay off her phone bill to contact her family? The internet exists, the same internet she used to contact you could be used to contact a friend, an uncle, a cousin etc.

I think more likely than this being real is that someone hacked her account, especially if it seems out of character for her, but who knows.

How would I respond huh. Well I do occasionally gift a model tokens for nothing in return, but I do this only with models I visit for a longer period of time.
So I have to divide it into 3 responses:
For models I know very, very well (only 2 at the moment) I may gift the money.
For models I know, I may give the money but only for something in return like a custom video or several older video's.
For models I know a little, no way.

We share the same Reg. I have not been on much this year, but before that when I was streaming regularly, he got a lot of shows.

Hmph the nerve of this guy, I'm not the only chick he rescues (just kidding lol) :rofl:
Apparently Tony is quite a busy man resuing Damsels.

ETA; I bought slutty denim cut-off shorts just for his shows, but I'm not saving them just for him. I'm sure I'll put them to good use hehe.
When you said picks you up in his car I knew who exactly you were talking about. LOL. I specifically kept a pair of jean shorts that are deteriorating into oblivion for him. Does he also have you put your hair in pigtails too?

Hi :) thank you for sharing/asking,

Whether it's a scam or not, it isn't exactly the most polite way to talk to your viewers.
Is it making them feel valued and respected?.

If a dancer was begging customers at a club like that with a "sob story", they'd either be asked not to or fired.
It's not professional to just beg for money.
Even if you really are in that situation.
Think about it in terms of a sales job.
Is it appropriate to do this as a regular salesperson?

No matter how bad their situation is, it's sort of rude, and makes members feel pressured.

My take on it is that the story may OR may not be true.
But the reason is the truth.
Things like that stem from a need for money, quickly.
They need money for something, whether it is what they say it is or not.

What is a polite way to ask for money when in a desperate situation ? Be calm. Offer value in return. Keep it light and fun
and things will flow your way eventually. But desperate/sob story is not a good 'hustle.'

"Hey, I have a personal goal I am trying to reach this weekend. Would you like any custom videos or
to schedule a private ?" is a better way to phrase it.

Hustling people with a sob story is counter-productive! It actually probably pushes them away.
To me, that would be a very UN-successful method. Happy people are more likely to spend anyway. Make them
feel good, and they'll be way more likely to tip. They're probably going through a lot of their own problems.

Like attracts like. We attract what we put out.
Calm, interested, showing value is reciprocated
and so is showing desperation and interest in one thing. (money in this case not the viewer.)

Hope this helps
:h: Ava

Last edited:
My gut reaction would have been to dismiss it as fake and just ignore it. Spend long enough time on camsites and you're bound to have variants of these land in your inbox. Sick relatives and broken appliances/phones seems to be popular, and with the covid going on there is ample opportunity to make sob stories even sobbier.

If she sends this out to a dozen users she is probably looking at a healthy financial return on 10 minutes worth of cutting and pasting.

And as mentioned above, whether real or fake it's still unprofessional.

When you said picks you up in his car I knew who exactly you were talking about. LOL. I specifically kept a pair of jean shorts that are deteriorating into oblivion for him. Does he also have you put your hair in pigtails too?
Yes, and wear a pair of white tennis shoes/ Keds. LOL.
In all seriousness, his fetish is really interesting. But his shows were exhausting for me at times, because of the level of acting involved. What I find really interesting is how it's like a series of a soap, and the naked part is so short at the end. But the build-up is crazy long, it always made me feel like I was an actress or something. He's the only one I've met with that fetish, but I wish there were more out there because overall it's pretty fun. Although I'd rather not get the shit beat out of me at a bus stop, maybe another scenario might be a little less exhausting. The getting beat up at the bus stop part really wore me down. I would always ask him to warn me so I could drink 2 cups of coffee before his shows, but maybe that was just because of the ADHD. Sorry to distract the thread w this, I just find this hilarious :rofl:

Tony's funny.

Yes, and wear a pair of white tennis shoes/ Keds. LOL.
In all seriousness, his fetish is really interesting. But his shows were exhausting for me at times, because of the level of acting involved. What I find really interesting is how it's like a series of a soap, and the naked part is so short at the end. But the build-up is crazy long, it always made me feel like I was an actress or something. He's the only one I've met with that fetish, but I wish there were more out there because overall it's pretty fun. Although I'd rather not get the shit beat out of me at a bus stop, maybe another scenario might be a little less exhausting. The getting beat up at the bus stop part really wore me down. I would always ask him to warn me so I could drink 2 cups of coffee before his shows, but maybe that was just because of the ADHD. Sorry to distract the thread w this, I just find this hilarious :rofl:

Tony's funny.
bought a pair of keds thanks to him. oh my god yes, great guy, but his rps are exhausting. i have turned down shows with him because i don't have the energy for them. does this mean we are eskimo sisters because we share a reg?

sorry for thread jack :h:

Hello everyone. Got this message from a cam model I followed on twitter and chaturbate at one point. Who wouldn’t feel bad if this was real?. (I’m assuming it’s not 😬) If you think it’s fake too, I’m curious if this is this actually a successful method that cam girls use?View attachment 86862

If I was in her shoes, I'd make a Facebook post seeing if someone local could help with a ride, even if I have to pay them back later for gas. She could make a GoFundMe page. If she's on ManyVids, she could use the Fund Me option with a description of what she's raising money for. If she's on MyFreeCams, she could use the express pay/cashout option to request her money right away. I use the Dave App sometimes to borrow $75 instantly. The app Earnin' lets you borrow up to $100. She probably has stuff in her home right now that she could list for sale on OfferUp/Facebook Marketplace/eBay.

I once borrowed a few payday loans when I was absolutely desperate to pay rent. But I don't recommend that unless it's a true emergency, you know you can pay all of it back + more, and you've exhausted all other options (And can't get approved for a normal, personal loan). Payday loans are HORRIBLE...you end up paying back an insanely higher amount than the amount you borrowed in the first place.

Even if her predicament is real, I think it's tacky for models to get into the habit of singling out nice guys from cam sites/Twitter to ask this kind of thing. You seem nice, and that's probably why she asked you. She figures you'd feel bad for her enough to send her money via Cash App. It's one thing if you had PMed her to ask "You seem sad. What's wrong?," and she told you her situation (IF it's real), and you volunteered to send her money. That, imo, would've been better than her singling you out like that.

I have a Facebook friend who's hit me up two or three times now, talking about how he and his fiancee need a place to stay or need money. Every time I see this guy out somewhere, he's with a NEW girl who is now his fiancee, and I'm not even exaggerating. I think he has a mental problem. Someone did once tell me they think he's a pathological liar. Regardless, I'm not letting anyone live here with me and my son, and I'm not giving anyone money. And the nerve to be asking me that, knowing that I'm a struggling single mom myself.

looks fake to me. I would delete the message if I was in your place. The nerve to ask someone you don’t know for money. I could never do that but then there are all types of people in this world

Status
Not open for further replies.