AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Really helpful moderator, should I trust him? Advice needed!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2017
Hello everyone!

I just started broadcasting on a cam website and I have a moderator who has been really helpful, like A LOT, should I be suspicious? I would like to talk with a more experienced cam girl privately because I don't want to expose the identity of the person in question, can someone please message me? I would be really thankful!

99.9% of guys trying to "help" new models are just trying to get something for free. Unless they're tipping you and not just saying "do x and people will tip you", don't trust them.

Don't be suspicious, just be sensible. Cam models sell their time and attention (and shenanigans). Just by taking the time to read his chat you are giving him your time and attention. And by making him a moderator you're giving him something plenty other models charge users for by the week.

As has already been said, he could be wanting something for free or for cheap. Worse case scenario he starts thinking he owns you/you owe him. Except he doesn't and you don't.

BTW helping folks succeed is actually a reward in itself I reckon (perhaps to bear in mind if he ever gets pissy)

Reactions: swagger
99.9% of guys trying to "help" new models are just trying to get something for free. Unless they're tipping you and not just saying "do x and people will tip you", don't trust them.

Except when you find that .1%er! The first person who talked to me when I started camming has been my mod for years, and I adore him, but I was also super lucky. Mods are useful for helping a show move along, especially when you're using an app that uses commands and you can't reach your keyboard. They can be helpful for promoting the show in chat, but you have to be careful cause. Some will overwhelm chat with "plz tip" graphics, others will get too banhammer-happy and silence users that you don't think should be silenced.

My mod requirements are 1) you gotta tip, 2) you gotta talk for a while and get to know me and the room, 3) you get a trial period. No guarantees you'll stay red.

Do you *need* a mod at all? I only find them helpful if I'm doing an oil show or something, and even then it's not a necessity. Most new models don't have rooms so hectic that they can't monitor it themselves.

In my opinion, a mod is a hindrance at first and you will do better in the long run to manage your own room.

Sounds like some paranoia here.....

If a new model finds a guy who she perceives as very helpful, then she should be happy about this.
For sure there are plenty of creeps around but as a model you should be able to see quickly if a member is an asset or a liability for your room......
My approach would be to be grateful while he is helpful and if the guy gets funny ideas just kick him out.....
If members are competing to be a mod, fair enough to charge them, but if you are happy to have one I would not chase him away by demanding that he pays for helping you.....

:)

As has been said, do you need a mod? I have never used one and don't feel I have had any issues. Some moments one might have been useful, but to be honest I would rather members be able to chill. Plus, how well can you really trust someone behind the screen? Releasing control to anyone else in your business should have some degree of trust. By helpful, is he doing things that are genuinely helpful to you, or is he pushing his help on you?

As for whether you should be suspicious, mmm unless he's trying to get something for free (which may be time, attention and freeloading rights), probably not much to worry about, unless he has a power complex and will destroy your room from the inside. I do think generally when you get an amazing amazing regular (or a super helpful one) they have a story which makes them that way with you. Baggage is something which lurks around camsites, and you may never know what it is. It could be nothing sinister, but it also could be. Chances are it won't ever effect you. But members who seem to be the friendliest, chattiest and most dedicated may be this way because they need the escapism more than others, for whatever reason. So if you are feeling suspicious then you may be picking up on something. But IMO so long as they're cool with you and other members, allow them to escape from whatever it is that makes them love being on camsites. If in this case, it is being extra helpful in your room then so long as they're tipping and not causing a disturbance, you probably don't have much to worry about.

If he isn't tipping then he may be trying to get something from you.

Reactions: AmiGold and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.