AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recording Bots selling you on other sites...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfcalana

Cam Model
Feb 10, 2019
Australia
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@MFCalana
MFC Username
TheWaveDancer
Hi everyone! I have tried to look if this was asked anywhere but since I am new here I might not be searching the right way. I had someone coming into my room today on MFC talking about seeing my body on other website that records cam models, post and sell the content on there. Obviously without consent and without giving us a dime of what they make from it. I was wondering if there are any program or business that you can purchase to retrieve those sites and get them to take your content down? I know this is part of the risk being a cam girl but I dont like knowing other people make money off my back without my consent! Thanks in advance and please feel free to share your experience with this, I love reading what everyone has to say :)

While you can have your camsite file a DMCA request, a lot of these sites aren't hosted in countries that honor DMCA.

Even if a DMCA notice won't take down your content, you can also take steps to have those links removed from major search engines as long as it falls under an applicable law. In this case, DMCA is something they'll comply with. Although it doesn't entirely solve the problem, having the links taken down it can help drive traffic to your own content rather than to someone else who's trying to profit off of you.

While you can have your camsite file a DMCA request, a lot of these sites aren't hosted in countries that honor DMCA.

There really are only a few countries where copyright in the sense of dmca does not exist. The law could have another name there but the principle is mostly the same. When some sites does not react to a takedown notice, they just risk the lawsuit.

Reactions: DivisionBelle
You can submit takedown requests as suggested above, but it’s a long uphill battle that will take more time than you’ll spend on cam.

Edit to add: be careful if it’s a link they want you to check out, claiming it’s you or someone pretending to be. There have been a ton of phishing attempts lately. Do not click on it.

If you post your recordings on a site like ponrhub, no one is going to pay one of those pirate sites for your videos. And at least ponrhub offers profit sharing with models.

Also those sites tend to be pirates in every sense of the word. As in they don't obey any laws. They've been known to serve viruses, steel info from cookies, backdoor into computers. There have been cases of attempted blackmail.

Thanks for your replies!! I kept going with my research last night and found out that MFC does offer to send those notices but the responded saying the sites I provided links from ignore DCMA, but links can be removed from major search engines which I guess is better than nothing! They also seem to only film the public stream, not privates, so for myself I dont really care, since I wont do anything I would want to throw myself off a cliff for if my grandma saw it (that's how I set my boundaries hahaha) so they can have fun purchasing clothed videos of me talking about dogs, food and DMT.

If you post your recordings on a site like ponrhub, no one is going to pay one of those pirate sites for your videos. And at least ponrhub offers profit sharing with models.

Also those sites tend to be pirates in every sense of the word. As in they don't obey any laws. They've been known to serve viruses, steel info from cookies, backdoor into computers. There have been cases of attempted blackmail.
I would never have the patience of recording and uploading all my videos lol these guys are more dedicated than ill ever be. They had something like 500 streams? WTF. And yeah I really can't imagine what kind of dumbass would give their credit card details to a pirate website..... Like DUH!! They're pirates!!
As for the blackmailing, they can always try. I ALWAYS said whatever I would do I would be prepared for the whole world to see. Ill never bite the bait on that. I think every person in the industry should think this through as well before they start.

Last edited:
Edit to add: be careful if it’s a link they want you to check out, claiming it’s you or someone pretending to be. There have been a ton of phishing attempts lately. Do not click on it.
Thanks for that. I was actually thinking about it as I was searching for the links of myself... I hope I didnt click on anything bad...

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
Reminder to never fill out a DCMA with your legal name. That information is given to them and sometimes posted publicly.

I recently learned that if you file a DMCA for a particular website, the Russian admin won't honour it BUT if you do the DMCA on his partner/affiliate sites (the sites all share the same videos so if you're uploaded on one, you can be seen on all) then the admin MUST honour it and WILL take it down.

I won't post the site name of course but if you are interested in the site, let me know via DM and I will tell you it - i am unsure of the sister/partner/affiliate sites though, but a google should possibly help.

Edit:
Just to say this is a STREAMING site I am on about, now one with the recorded bots, but it's still a good little thing to know and is useful - or so I think.

I recently learned that if you file a DMCA for a particular website, the Russian admin won't honour it BUT if you do the DMCA on his partner/affiliate sites (the sites all share the same videos so if you're uploaded on one, you can be seen on all) then the admin MUST honour it and WILL take it down
I have been in direct touch with one of the people who helps with DCMA on MFC and he has been really friendly and explained why my content won't be deleted form those sites (only google, yahoo and the major search engines will have them deleted) These sites and their hosts just completely ignore. And as I said before I don't know really care about the content posted and I actually pity the dumbass who will share his credit card details with those sites. They are pirates after all. How can anyone think their credit card details are safe with those thieves?

Reactions: Sansa
These same bots have been recording my every public show since the very first time I logged on to MFC and have the same response regarding DMCA for theses sites. It is certainly an automated process, as was stated, for what I can see. Many of those videos will be better as a sleep aid for the future buyer, but some are certainly more "amusing". While I personally am not going to be mortified over the more amusing bits getting out there, it has been my motivation to arrange my setup so that my links, etc. are overlaid on my stream. Then, at least they are serving as unsolicited promotion, (or I can reframe it that way for myself), instead of grubby pirates cackling while counting my gold!

While I personally am not going to be mortified over the more amusing bits getting out there, it has been my motivation to arrange my setup so that my links, etc. are overlaid on my stream. Then, at least they are serving as unsolicited promotion, (or I can reframe it that way for myself), instead of grubby pirates cackling while counting my gold!

Thats a great way to see this and use it to your advantage! I can admire people like yourself who are able to take a negative situation and turn it into a positive! :) Thanks for making me see this in a different way!

Reactions: AmberCutie
I have been in direct touch with one of the people who helps with DCMA on MFC and he has been really friendly and explained why my content won't be deleted form those sites (only google, yahoo and the major search engines will have them deleted) These sites and their hosts just completely ignore. And as I said before I don't know really care about the content posted and I actually pity the dumbass who will share his credit card details with those sites. They are pirates after all. How can anyone think their credit card details are safe with those thieves?

Forget mfc "dmca service", it's one guy. And apart from bragging how great he is and how long he's in the "business of fighting piracy" he gets nothing deleted at all, not even from sites where I could get stuff deleted myself. I gave him proof about it, he still said they don't delete...
Chaturbate at least has a dedicated department, who really get things done, myfreecams apparently just chose the cheapest guy, who said he "can do dmca".

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lelo1
Thats a great way to see this and use it to your advantage! I can admire people like yourself who are able to take a negative situation and turn it into a positive! :) Thanks for making me see this in a different way!

Thank you for the compliment, though I will say, I had to evolve toward that disposition myself, lol. I was plenty irked when I first discovered it too.

You, by the way, are lovely, before I get wrapped up and forget to tell you. :)

Regarding the info @dark_mermaid provided, I suspect that there may be several "services" that are similarly going through the motions by rote and not pressuring the sites the way they might have you believe. That's opinion/theory only though, so I can't say whether that is, or which ones, if so. If anyone knows of an example, please do educate me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mfcalana
Forget mfc "dmca service", it's one guy. And apart from bragging how great he is and how long he's in the "business of fighting piracy" he gets nothing deleted at all, not even from sites where I could get stuff deleted myself. I gave him proof about it, he still said they don't delete...
Chaturbate at least has a dedicated department, who really get things done, myfreecams apparently just chose the cheapest guy, who said he "can do dmca".

I have actually tried to access the sites I sent to him and now it says "page not found" so seems like he did his job this time!

Im just curious as to where to possibly find recorded vids of your streams? i stopped streaming a couple years ago due to this, ive been searching but im guessing im not searching right? i understand not wanting to publicly post the site for others to mooch off, my dms are always open.

Im just curious as to where to possibly find recorded vids of your streams? i stopped streaming a couple years ago due to this, ive been searching but im guessing im not searching right? i understand not wanting to publicly post the site for others to mooch off, my dms are always open.

I sent you a DM.

Reactions: SweetJinxxx
Unfortunately, copyright laws have little meaning without enforcement. Many recording artists and authors have found this out the hard way. Others steal your content and vend it. You have the law on your side but who has the resources to prosecute? Someone in Siberia is selling your content. Unless you can afford to hire your own Russian attorney to file a lawsuit and begin the long and convoluted process of gathering evidence, locating the perpetrator and proving your case in court, nothing will be done about it. These nefarious sites are all over the world in countries where the rule of law is more of a general guideline than a rule and corruption is the standard operating procedure. Long story short, it is just something you will have to live with.

Unfortunately, copyright laws have little meaning without enforcement. Many recording artists and authors have found this out the hard way. Others steal your content and vend it. You have the law on your side but who has the resources to prosecute? Someone in Siberia is selling your content. Unless you can afford to hire your own Russian attorney to file a lawsuit and begin the long and convoluted process of gathering evidence, locating the perpetrator and proving your case in court, nothing will be done about it. These nefarious sites are all over the world in countries where the rule of law is more of a general guideline than a rule and corruption is the standard operating procedure. Long story short, it is just something you will have to live with.
Well put. It would be great if we as cam people could organize ourselves to prosecute the bigger sites. I wish there was more that could be done by the cam sites themselves...but I'll be honest I have no idea how.

I'll dm you!

Reactions: SweetJinxxx
I have info on suspects behind some notorious piracy cam model websites (over 70 million stolen videos and images). Contact me or check out bobjoh131 on twitter #cammodelsforchange

I was just reading this thread and it's upsetting to see that many sites doesn't take down the content. So I guess there's no way around this like at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.