AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Red Alert for Net Neutrality!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was already passed/had already gone through this winter? I'm so confused why I'm suddenly seeing stuff about it again, I thought it was settled that we were fucked?

I thought it was already passed/had already gone through this winter? I'm so confused why I'm suddenly seeing stuff about it again, I thought it was settled that we were fucked?

Nope. Democrats filed a petition to force the entire senate to vote to save net neutrality under the congressional review act (CRA). The CRA allows congres to take a look at and vote on a law that another government agency is trying to take away or add. So in this case it's the FCC trying to take away net neutrality.

If we win the vote to keep net neutrality today, Trump will still have to sign it in to law again (which he probably will not sign). But it'll be a key issue when Midterm elections roll around in November.

I hope that all makes sense ~ I'm really tired right now ahah. :snooze:

Nope. Democrats filed a petition to force the entire senate to vote to save net neutrality under the congressional review act (CRA). The CRA allows congres to take a look at and vote on a law that another government agency is trying to take away or add. So in this case it's the FCC trying to take away net neutrality.

If we win the vote to keep net neutrality today, Trump will still have to sign it in to law again (which he probably will not sign). But it'll be a key issue when Midterm elections roll around in November.

I hope that all makes sense ~ I'm really tired right now ahah. :snooze:
I try to avoid political talk but I have to say I hope people turn out and vote in the midterms. There are early signs that the voter passion is there to turn out in mass but you just never know. Predicting what voters will do and when they will do it is next to impossible it seems.

Net Neutrality is still on schedule to officially end on June 11.

Yes, the Senate voted 52-47 to disapprove of the FCC's rule change but it is unlikely that it even sees a floor vote in the House. The Senate vote today does give Democratic candidates something to campaign on for the mid-terms and perhaps could mean something if the Dems take control of the House starting next year, but Republicans are likely to add to their slim advantage in the Senate so I remain pessimistic.

The problem is state/county level exclusivity contracts. These things Democrats or Republicans have had YEARS to fix. If you don't sell your entire state to one company or two companies you'd have competition.

Having state sanctioned monopolies then asking the federal government to fix this is a revolving door. These net neutrality groups are distraction for this practice. Your fighting the government with MORE government on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.