AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Restless Legs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieElise

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
MFC Username
EliMarie
Streamate Username
MarieElise
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
So here's a weird one. I was wondering if anyone else suffers from Restless Legs Syndrome here, and if so if there is anything that they have found that helps. I get it when I am not pregnant, but so, so, SO, SO much worse when I am. I am going to try walking on my treadmill because I was told that sometimes walking or running can help. I have had prescriptions for Flexeril, but honestly, I did not find that it helped me very much. I have also noticed, that for me, less caffeine seems to help (I am barely having any right now anyway). I am curious if anyone else has experienced this here (or knows anyone who has), and if they have found any specific exercises, lifestyle or dietary changes or anything, which would help. It's honestly the weirdest feeling ever! I'll try and see if there is an RLS forum somewhere too. As far as I know, scientists don't know a whole lot about it at this point.

Mine gets so bad that I kick out in the night, and sometimes have to pace during the day, because it feels too uncomfy to sit or lay. Kicking out at night can cause huge bruises on my legs, and make it so I cannot share a bed. It's a weird feeling as if your legs are tingling, and very ticklish at the same time, and it's extremely uncomfortable. It can also interfere with sleep pretty badly.

ETA; I'm not even kidding, now that I worte this post, I'm seriously considering getting up and doing the can can (dance) around my house. Like a total maniac :haha:

Attachments

• crazy legs.JPG
    crazy legs.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Low levels or iron can cause this, also can be linked to ADHD. You can try hot and cold packs on legs. Messages with any nourishing oil or lotion.

Stay away from caffeine or sugary stuff.

I had this urge to tap my legs and not as severer as what you have described and to my only happened during day time I noticed that when I was busy or focused (my mind was not wandering) it went away.

So mediation help as well. Try all of these and see.

Hope this helps

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Low levels or iron can cause this, also can be linked to ADHD. You can try hot and cold packs on legs. Messages with any nourishing oil or lotion.

Stay away from caffeine or sugary stuff.

I had this urge to tap my legs and not as severer as what you have described and to my only happened during day time I noticed that when I was busy or focused (my mind was not wandering) it went away.

So mediation help as well. Try all of these and see.

Hope this helps
I've actually been diagnosed with ADHD several times, even though I am too stubborn to believe it fully, as an accurate diagnosis (I already have OCD diagnosis which is definitely accurate). So interesting that you say that. Very helpful. I will try all of those things. I am very grateful.

Reactions: dickwow99
I have had issues with this in the past... I noticed that it stopped when I started taking Magnesium Glycinate (the cheap magnesium oxide did nothing). Some other things that I started taking around the same time is Lugol's Iodine (2-4 drops in water) and I cut back on how much soda (caffeine) I was drinking.

• Helpful!
This has been very helpful, thank you.

I am barely eating any sugar, or drinking any caffeine (however, that will be useful knowledge for the future, because I had not considered that sugar could be another factor). The doctor can't get me in for my first appointment until I am nearly 10 weeks, which is crazy, because last time they had me in at 5 weeks. Must be due to Covid. They will do a blood panel and check for iron levels, at that time. Last time I developed anemia in pregnancy, so it will be good to have that checked also, and I had forgotten about that.

I had not realized there was any difference between Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Oxide, so that is hugely helpful, and I have never heard of Lugol's iodine, so that is hugely helpful too. Venus Williams has an awesome product line (Asutra), so I will see if she carries any of those things. If not, I'm sure I can find them relatively quickly. Again thank you so much. I have been walking more too, in an effort to calm it down.

i have it and adhd, i some how developed the habit of crossing my ankles when i sleep, its weird, maybe my bodies way of dealing with the problem but every once in a blue moon it will cause me to cramp and a leg cramp is not a pleasant way to get out of bed.
Whoa weird, I developed the crossing ankle thing too. For some reason, it's so relaxing. I also learned that elevating the legs during sleep can help too. I'm not saying I sleep with my legs straight up in the air or anything (haha), but laying on my back, and propping up hips & knees with pillows etc seems to bring a modicum of relief. I also get a lot of leg cramps too. I am hopeful magnesium might help w that also.

This has been very helpful, thank you.

I am barely eating any sugar, or drinking any caffeine (however, that will be useful knowledge for the future, because I had not considered that sugar could be another factor). The doctor can't get me in for my first appointment until I am nearly 10 weeks, which is crazy, because last time they had me in at 5 weeks. Must be due to Covid. They will do a blood panel and check for iron levels, at that time. Last time I developed anemia in pregnancy, so it will be good to have that checked also, and I had forgotten about that.

I had not realized there was any difference between Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Oxide, so that is hugely helpful, and I have never heard of Lugol's iodine, so that is hugely helpful too. Venus Williams has an awesome product line (Asutra), so I will see if she carries any of those things. If not, I'm sure I can find them relatively quickly. Again thank you so much. I have been walking more too, in an effort to calm it down.

I buy both the magnesium glycinate and iodine on Amazon.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KylieJacobs
Do you drink Diet Soda drinks. I had restless leg syndrome and other leg back pains and giving up on Diet soda took my symptoms away after a few days. Have been free of pain for 2 months now after suffering for 15 years.

It's something to do with artificial sweeteners. You also have to check what you eat for any artificial sweeteners within their products eg gum.

Also my taste buds have really come alive again.

Just thought I would share

• Helpful!
Do you drink Diet Soda drinks. I had restless leg syndrome and other leg back pains and giving up on Diet soda took my symptoms away after a few days. Have been free of pain for 2 months now after suffering for 15 years.

It's something to do with artificial sweeteners. You also have to check what you eat for any artificial sweeteners within their products eg gum.

Also my taste buds have really come alive again.

Just thought I would share
I did, but it's actually caffeine products diet or regular which make it worse (for me). I had a diet once in a while, but I mainly had regular drinks with full regular sugar. I stopped all of them, and am now having 0mg of caffeine per day. Even when I had no diet sodas, it was still an issue. Getting the magnesium glycinate recommended, has meant that even when I did have a caffeinated beverage, I could take it, then the RLS would stop. However, I can't go near anything with caffeine anymore, due to severe nausea.

Glad you mentioned that though because if diet soda triggers it in you, there are likely others out there who would benefit from knowing that, as there are likely others who are triggered by fake sugars too.

I did, but it's actually caffeine products diet or regular which make it worse (for me). I had a diet once in a while, but I mainly had regular drinks with full regular sugar. I stopped all of them, and am now having 0mg of caffeine per day. Even when I had no diet sodas, it was still an issue. Getting the magnesium glycinate recommended, has meant that even when I did have a caffeinated beverage, I could take it, then the RLS would stop. However, I can't go near anything with caffeine anymore, due to severe nausea.

Glad you mentioned that though because if diet soda triggers it in you, there are likely others out there who would benefit from knowing that, as there are likely others who are triggered by fake sugars too.

Glad to hear that the magnesium glycinate is working for you.

• Hugs
Status
Not open for further replies.