AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Returning to camming after a hiatus: my story

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ava1992

Cam Model
May 6, 2020
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@ava1992_
Chaturbate Username
prettyartist1992
Has anybody else gone back to camming after a long hiatus? I deleted my account at the end of January and decided to go back to it starting today.
I was going to go back to camming in May but got "cold feet" about it. I wanted to create a thread to share my process of going back and my progress with the new accounts.

Today's goals: set up OnlyFans and Chaturbate and take some photos.

What were your experiences going back after a hiatus?

Ohhh yes! I started off as an MFC model, did that full time for a couple years, then got into the adult film industry and was flip-flopping back and forth in spurts in doing cam shows when I didn't have shoot days for extra cash. For me personally, I eventually stopped altogether and only do feature shows for an hour for sites like Cherry Pimps or CamSoda.

In my experience, I stopped when I was reaching the point of burnout. I gave myself time to step back and chill, and then being the hustler I am, always ended up getting right back on to cam sites. Getting back on was both exciting and annoying. Exciting because I had that freshness after taking time off, and annoying because every time I would stop and restart, it was like my patience was worn even more thin. Eventually, that's when I knew it was time to be done entirely because it was more draining than anything.

I think it's all in perspective, too. For me, now, I don't LOVE going to studios to film for companies as much because it's often a full work day and we don't make residuals, and I just prefer filming my own content for Onlyfans and clip stores in an hour at home. I've got a couple other businesses that are developing right now, so I'm choosing to see going back to set here and there as my angel investor in expanding my life and being able to create and do exactly what I want to.

Remember to be kind to yourself, too. It can be a slow crawl at first to get things up and running, to get your regulars and to start cashing out. The way I see it, just showing up daily, putting in the work, one day at a time...it really all adds up.

And don't get too in your head, either. Remember, you're there to entertain and be a fun escape from reality from your fans. Even though making a comeback can be super anxiety-inducing (I'm going through something similar myself RN, am going back to LA end of July to film Onlyfans content and it's been over a year since I've done a shitload of scenes like I'm about to do), remember that they'll be excited to see you and all you have to do is show up and do your best. They don't know that you're anxious. They just know that you're a cool chick on the internet whos world they want to be a part of.

Hope that helps :h:

Good luck and welcome back! Wish you the best and lots of $$$$$

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992
Status
Not open for further replies.