AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

RIP Stephen Hawking

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that the tweet says the 13th, yet everything else says today. A bit fitting if he died on pi day. Would go with his great sense of humor along with the obvious. I'll definitely miss him, as well as many many others. :(

Too late to edit. Does anyone have any favorite recommendations to watch or read of his? I think I'm gonna binge on Hawking soon. Been a while. Might start with the episode of him and Data playing poker in the holodeck. ^.^

Reactions: Wolf_3_5_9
His book A Brief History of Time was inspirational to me as a child. It’s written in a way that’s easily understandable by even a high schooler but opened up a universe of fascination. I eventually ended up getting a degree in physics; not entirely because of Hawking, but not entirely not because of him.

Seems he also died on Einstein's birthday, but then again that's relative. :p

His book A Brief History of Time was inspirational to me as a child. It’s written in a way that’s easily understandable by even a high schooler but opened up a universe of fascination. I eventually ended up getting a degree in physics; not entirely because of Hawking, but not entirely not because of him.

I read that one a while back. Seconding it's a great book and an easy read.

Short anecdote: I had a guy once tell me about a book that is 200 pages long. It sounded like an interesting read. I responded "Oh that'd be a nice light read, that I could get done in an afternoon"

His response was "Honey, it's a thinking book lol. I'm a lawyer with a several masters degrees in English."

I responded with "Cute sweetheart, but it's only 200 pages. I've learned 10 languages at a fluent if not proficient level, graduated college, and worked as an editor. I know how many pages I can read in an hour (thinking book or otherwise. I'd read Hawking before) Unless you're meditating on every damn word, it really shouldn't take that long for someone who can read quickly. Then again I get it, your eyes are probably unable to focus from all the many books you read as a lawyer. Now sir, let's discuss your intelligence on throwing money away on multiple English degrees when being a lawyer is essentially just advanced English anyhow. Tell me the truth...the psychology classes were already full, and you're puffing up your "lawyer" resume with me when you actually just argue with people at Starbucks as a barista and call it debating."

I read it in 3 hours while getting my hair done.

Odd that the tweet says the 13th, yet everything else says today. A bit fitting if he died on pi day. Would go with his great sense of humor along with the obvious. I'll definitely miss him, as well as many many others. :(
He lived in England. He passed away on 3/14 but it was announced when it was still 3/13 in America. Thus the confusing timeline.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Status
Not open for further replies.