AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Room Monitor(s)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Before my latest issue with a room monitor, I had always thought that a room monitor was used by models to help them with language barriers and whatnot, and until recently I also was under the impression that pretty much any model might use one whether they were with a studio, or as an independent model working from home using a friend to help them manage certain things behind the scenes.

About a week ago, the vibe of my favorite model's room changed drastically. Overnight her whole demeanor changed and she started behaving differently in not only her public shows, but in her privates as well. I contacted her via whatsapp about her behavior change, and she informed me that the studio she works for decided to assign her a "room monitor" for reasons she did not openly state at first. But hey, it's their studio, so they can do whatever they like I guess, but after a few days the interactions I was having with her was just so "off" that I felt compelled to tell her that this new monitor was negatively affecting her room vibe. She told me via whatsapp that her new monitor was a male, and that she didn't feel comfortable with him in her room, which is why she was acting all different. She told me that he is not really there for any language barrier, but instead, he is constantly telling her what to do during privates and free chat in the form of "hidden direction" on what she should be doing in order to "please" her viewers more and get more tokens. When in her room, I can tell from her demeanor that she feels pressured by what he is "directing" her to do.

I know it's their studio, and that there's pretty much nothing I can do about this situation, but holy heck this monitor is ruining her room and her ability to earn. I admit that prior to this I was a bit naïve about what room monitors actually did, but I wanted to come here and ask if this is actually standard practice in most studios? It just seems so scummy to me that a studio would place a male in a models room like this as a "monitor" without at least giving her a choice in the matter.

• Wat?!
Reactions: DoD404
I'm not a model, so please take this as just a comment.....
But what an awkward environment for her to try to work in, that's terrible. No surprise that this is affecting her and how she behaves while broadcasting.
A model I visit very regularly works in a studio, but they have several older women there as monitors, who genuinely look after the girls' wellbeing both on and off camera. They used to model too, so they absolutely understand all that goes on and really act like older sisters or mother figures to the girls. They make sure they have meals, drinks, regular breaks etc and I often see and hear them interact with a lot of warmth and laughter, so it is a far cry from what your favourite model is going through. They typically stay in another room and their role is to monitor chat behaviour, avoid breaching site and room rules, and intervene if anyone gets out of line. they also help with the equipment, lighting, change of outfits, that sort of thing. You know they are there but it is discrete and so it becomes easier to forget the room is monitored.

The only time i saw people from the agency in a models room (i know cause the model told me) was on CB and they sometimes acted as moderator. The only function they had (so again the model told me) was to see if everything went alright in the room, they did not give advise unless they were asked for. They also hopped from one room to the other. Mostly it is done by the admin if she has the time. In big agencies the admin has no time to do this.
I've never heard about other models helping out each other, unless they get paid for it. So i'm curious about this.

What i'm sure off is that the admin is the one who regulates everything in the agency and she has to listen to the bosses, and if they find the agency is not profitable enough, she has to find more resources which could lead to actions like sharing the room with another model and interact with eachother or the model gets more sites to manage (saw a model once who had 6 sites to manage while streaming, i ask myself than, where is the quality of the room gone?

She told me that he is not really there for any language barrier, but instead, he is constantly telling her what to do during privates and free chat in the form of "hidden direction" on what she should be doing in order to "please" her viewers more and get more tokens. When in her room, I can tell from her demeanor that she feels pressured by what he is "directing" her to do.
I'm sorry for her to work in this condition, but i would not be surprised if this happens, certainly when the profit of the agency goes down rapidly, the competition these days is so huge and some agencies are so mighty they would not be holdback to do practically everything with their models just to get more profit. A very disappointing evolution

The only time i saw people from the agency in a models room (i know cause the model told me) was on CB and they sometimes acted as moderator. The only function they had (so again the model told me) was to see if everything went alright in the room, they did not give advise unless they were asked for. They also hopped from one room to the other. Mostly it is done by the admin if she has the time. In big agencies the admin has no time to do this.
I've never heard about other models helping out each other, unless they get paid for it. So i'm curious about this.

What i'm sure off is that the admin is the one who regulates everything in the agency and she has to listen to the bosses, and if they find the agency is not profitable enough, she has to find more resources which could lead to actions like sharing the room with another model and interact with eachother or the model gets more sites to manage (saw a model once who had 6 sites to manage while streaming, i ask myself than, where is the quality of the room gone?

I'm sorry for her to work in this condition, but i would not be surprised if this happens, certainly when the profit of the agency goes down rapidly, the competition these days is so huge and some agencies are so mighty they would not be holdback to do practically everything with their models just to get more profit. A very disappointing evolution
Thanks for the reply. The more I learn about studios, the more I dislike them. I say that knowing that they are not all like the one in my OP, but in my case it is.

No not really common, maybe if her earnings were way below expectations they might but not at the expense of a model being visibly uncomfortable. Which country is the studio in?
This particular studio is in Colombia.

90% of viewers won't notice anything, so I doubt it's negatively effecting her earnings, unless you are keeping stats

90% of viewers don't matter, hell if even 10% of viewers impacted a models earnings the average models income would sky rocket. Regulars notice these things and regulars matter. Poor girl already has to take extra steps just to communicate with a translator, she doesn't need someone trying to provide additional instruction in the middle of a private.

Status
Not open for further replies.