AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rooms to avoid?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2017
Occassionally when drifting through less visited rooms i'll see a gal with a look on her face bordering on that of a deer in the headlights. The room is barren perhaps or she looks like she would like to be somewhere else. I worry that they're being trafficked. Is my imagination getting the better of me and MFC has this handled or does it exist in camming? If it exists I'll stay away from rooms like that

Or they are bored... It can get quite boring.

It's possible there could be trafficked models, but she's likely bored, depressed, or examining her life choices. Maybe she's desperate for money but the cam thing isn't working out, and she's stressed. Maybe she's been pressured into camming, but isn't exactly being trafficked. But, there are different reasons why a model may look like she'd rather be anywhere else.

Definitely not mfc.im/Magnolia
DO NOT GO THERE
NEVER EVER GO TO

mfc.im/Magnolia

IT'S TERRIBLE.
Definitely held against her will, you can tell by the crazy eyes that mfc.im/Magnolia has.

Might be a good thing then that the profile is blocked from public viewing... ;)

Code:
Home | My Profile
This profile is currently unavailable for public viewing.
If this is your profile, visit the security settings of your setup and modify the access rights.

If this is someone else's profile, they may not allow everyone access to view it.

^^ 100% EspiKvlt.

She looks bored? Deer in the headlights? Not a lot of traffic in the room? She's probably bored. Wondering what to do to make the room pick up. Wondering why people keep stopping in for two seconds and leaving. Maybe debating if her time would be better spent doing literally anything else.

Might be a good thing then that the profile is blocked from public viewing... ;)

Code:
Home | My Profile
This profile is currently unavailable for public viewing.
If this is your profile, visit the security settings of your setup and modify the access rights.

If this is someone else's profile, they may not allow everyone access to view it.
You probably live in a state/country I have blocked. I have quite a few blocked. :)

You probably live in a state/country I have blocked. I have quite a few blocked. :)

Looks like I have two options then:

1) Fire up the VPN and begin figuing out which locations work
2) Just avoid your room

Option one is rather creeper-ish, and I'm feeling rather lazy because I don't want "yet another thing" on my list. So, option two it is. ;)

2) Just avoid your room

Option one is rather creeper-ish, and I'm feeling rather lazy because I don't want "yet another thing" on my list. So, option two it is. ;)
You could always tip for a friend add to bypass the block.
mfc.im/Magnolia/tip/199

Or avoid mfc.im/Magnolia at all costs. Probably the smarter option. Definitely don't ever tip her. You're only fueling her torture.

2) Just avoid your room

Well, you could move to other states until you find one not blocked. :)

• Funny!
Reactions: Radiolarian
Models with that "deer in the headlights" look could also be high, cause that's how I look when I'm stoned. I don't get on cam in that condition, though, I just go to sleep.

Ya I totally checked out her promo because of this thread (not in a blocked state obv). It was really great!

It was pretty good. She did a nice job with her profile too. ;)

Well, you could move to other states until you find one not blocked. :)

I used to live in the state I changed my VPN to. I'd prefer to not move there again if I don't have to.

It's not that complicated. Visit the rooms you enjoy, avoid the rooms you don't. Report an nefarious activity. Pretty sure low rated cam models are not big in the sex trafficking market.

Or here's another option. Say "hi". Talk to her. And the horror of horrors, tip her.

Yes, because we're just going to make an already struggling cam girl struggle even more.

Like Espikvlt said, if it was the case of trafficking, we wouldn't just sit around and have people ignore her. Like using common sense, we'd want to help her.

Or here's another option. Say "hi". Talk to her. And the horror of horrors, tip her.

It's sometimes this easy to make a model's night and turn her mood around. Start chatting about ANYTHING. I once had a guy notice that I mentioned on my profile that I like the Sword of Truth books, and started making the most godawful puns relating to the books. They made me groanlaugh while thanking him for reading my profile.

It's sometimes this easy to make a model's night and turn her mood around. Start chatting about ANYTHING. I once had a guy notice that I mentioned on my profile that I like the Sword of Truth books, and started making the most godawful puns relating to the books. They made me groanlaugh while thanking him for reading my profile.

Some of us enjoy reading profiles before going in. Kind of like a warning...

;)

Thank you to all who responded to my question. It eases my mind to know trafficking isn't an issue that I need to worry about as I peruse rooms! I'm more likely to visit some now.

Trafficking probably is an issue on some sites. MFC and Streamate require up to date IDs. I feel like MFC is the safest bet for nervous spenders. They actively avoid hot spot countries and the environment isn't such that an unhappy studio girl is going to make someone rich. I, personally, find Chaturbate's policies lacking in safety. Livejasmin is a hotbed of exploitation in my opinion as well.

This story seems apropos. And mind you, I'm not taking any credit, just a story of what can happen.

A few years ago stumbled into a model's room with about a 200 scamscore. She seemed bored, with good reason. There was nobody talking/engaging/tipping. I just started talking to her. She was bright, engaging, funny. And yeah, I tipped. But just by engaging she was able to show her personality.

I lost track, don't ever know if she cams any longer, but last time I saw her, had a 2500 or so score.

Assuming the worst, is not the way to go. Yeah, if she seems bored, she probably is. Just think about it. Don't be the member who judges because of score. Sometimes it's bad time, sometimes it's because this just isn't the thing the model should be doing, but you'll never know if you're instinct is to click next without engaging.

All I'm saying is don't be afraid of low room counts or models looking bored because of that. And don't act like you're doing them a favor by being there. Just be yourself and let things play out naturally, she doesn't owe you anything just because you're there.

This story seems apropos. And mind you, I'm not taking any credit, just a story of what can happen.

A few years ago stumbled into a model's room with about a 200 scamscore. She seemed bored, with good reason. There was nobody talking/engaging/tipping. I just started talking to her. She was bright, engaging, funny. And yeah, I tipped. But just by engaging she was able to show her personality.

I lost track, don't ever know if she cams any longer, but last time I saw her, had a 2500 or so score.

Assuming the worst, is not the way to go. Yeah, if she seems bored, she probably is. Just think about it. Don't be the member who judges because of score. Sometimes it's bad time, sometimes it's because this just isn't the thing the model should be doing, but you'll never know if you're instinct is to click next without engaging.

All I'm saying is don't be afraid of low room counts or models looking bored because of that. And don't act like you're doing them a favor by being there. Just be yourself and let things play out naturally, she doesn't owe you anything just because you're there.

Excellent post. Thank you. Exactly one of the reasons I started hiding my camscore from my profile. No model needs a member to keep reminding her how much her camscore sucks...as well as the "It's just me and __ other guys in here???" remarks that are absolutely no help. Lol. It's like damn...way to be a downer, dude. We want guys in the room with a decent attention span who will actually have a conversation with us beyond "Hi. Cute smile." It takes TWO, babaaayyy.....

I can confirm what you are saying that a lot of it is down to sheer boredom. I went through all the European models rooms one Saturday, I ended up talking to 78 of them and those that I actually got to talk to that were not working strictly of a script were just happy to have someone write to them because they were bored at work.

Not sure what everyone means by trafficking. There are definitely girls on camsites including mfc that had no idea about the sexual nature of the site being told by studios the site is like facebook. "Get paid to talk to people, undressing not necessary" (while getting a token goal that can only be reached by undressing). I was one of them once and I did not have the courage to just run away (there was a heavy (!!!) financial penalty for leaving early in the contract I signed before I saw the sites for the first time). So in the end I really just sat there many days, killing time until my contract was over. I knew I would not get paid, because I didn't meet my token goal but didn't care anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was glad when someone came and talked to me, I even tried to signal the user to not to tip me, because I wouldn't get any of it anyway.

A pretty good sign for girls who were "tricked" onto the sites is when a new girl puts "non nude" in her room topic after a short amount of time. As a girl you quickly discover what is really going on and that you were put on an erotic site in contrast to what you were told. Takes longer to be so honest to yourself that you got conned by your recruiter who even is a girl to appear trustworthy.

Trafficking is possible and I can remember hearing about this in the past, but remember that if you had a bunch of women locked up you would be better off selling them as prostitutes than recording it live on the internet for anyone to report. Especially as if you aren't wanting to cam you likely won't be very entertaining. While prostitutes can basically just lie there. Dark as that all sounds, it just wouldn't be lucrative when there are so many completely willing camgirls around. Prostitution is more opportunistic.
So like the others said, she was likely bored.

I have noticed that some Eastern European women like to have the blank expression on their faces to make them look aloof and unobtainable. Their personality comes out when you start giving them big tips.

• Funny!
Reactions: Mikey_P
Status
Not open for further replies.