AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Roseanne

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else has been watching? I missed the premiere on the first night, so I just watched the first few episodes online the other day...on the ABC website. I love the show! It’s great seeing Darlene in mommy mode, and I like her so much more now.

The surrogacy storyline with Becky is interesting. I was a bit surprised by it though, because when I looked into egg donation a couple years ago, I was told I’m “too old” (The cutoff to donate your eggs is like 31). The character Becky is in her 40s.

I haven't watched it and I don't think I will but I'm happy to hear the reviews have been good. I remember watching the past seasons with my family as a kid (we were actually from Elgin, Ill the town that inspired Roseanne's fictional town). Even though I'm not a Trump supporter I don't have a problem with having characters on tv be fans of his or express the views of his supporters (at least the middle of the road blue collar, couldn't bring themselves to support anyone else, just hoping for jobs to return supporters not, you know, nazis). I just can't get past some of the offensive comments Roseanne has made over the years that has soured my opinion of her. I'm glad the show is back and doing well, I hope it speaks to people that maybe feel underrepresented like it did back in the 80s, but I just don't want it on my tv.

I had no idea of Roseanna Barr's offensive behavoir until after watching the premier and hearing people are trying to boycott the show. I pay little attention to celebrity shenanigans. I'm watching because of nostalgic reasons. And I needed to see what they did with Darlene because she has always been my favorite. I really don't care that they made Roseanne a trump supporter and Jackie not. I thought it fit. Even though her character was all for standing up for so many things in the past that goes against it. I have plenty of family members who fit that exact bill so for me it was believable.

Now back to the actual show! I enjoyed it lots. Sorry big bang fans but I wish that show was done so they could have kept Darlene and David together, NOT that I even thought that relationship was really sustainable haha. Regardless it seems to have come back together quite well. I'm very happy they decided to ignore the end of the old show just as I did because it was never the same after Dan was gone.

The surrogacy storyline with Becky is interesting. I was a bit surprised by it though, because when I looked into egg donation a couple years ago, I was told I’m “too old” (The cutoff to donate your eggs is like 31). The character Becky is in her 40s.

According to Becky she told them she is a lot younger than she really is. Apparently they don't check thoroughly lol. I was just excited to see how they'd is both the Becky's.

Another note that I thought was adorable is that it looks like DJ fell in love and married a black women after all his ridiculousness of being too afraid to kiss the black girl in a play back when he was a kid. Of course his wife is over seas but we got to see his adorable daughter. Also I love Darlene's son, I think everyone's reaction to the way he feels he should dress is very fitting to their characters. I think it's cute that he's so bright and happy which is a polar opposite of Darlene's teenage self. Her daughter looks and acts souch like her younger self which is interesting to see but Darlene was better at it lol.

Okay I got into that a little too much lol. Bottom line: I was happy to see all the characters fell right back into place and the show still felt the same. Most shows miss that mark so I'm glad they did not. Still funny and I'm glad to see all the familiar faces.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
According to Becky she told them she is a lot younger than she really is. Apparently they don't check thoroughly lol. I was just excited to see how they'd is both the Becky's.

Another note that I thought was adorable is that it looks like DJ fell in love and married a black women after all his ridiculousness of being too afraid to kiss the black girl in a play back when he was a kid. Of course his wife is over seas but we got to see his adorable daughter. Also I love Darlene's son, I think everyone's reaction to the way he feels he should dress is very fitting to their characters. I think it's cute that he's so bright and happy which is a polar opposite of Darlene's teenage self.

Yeah, I believe Becky is 43, but told them she’s 33...which is still a tad older than the egg donor requirements (when I looked it up), but hey...it’s T.V., so they don’t have to be 100% accurate.

I didn’t know this, but D.J.’s wife is named Gina, and Gina was also the name of the Black girl he was afraid to kiss years ago. Now that is adorable that they ended up married with a child. Awww!

Darlene’s son Mark is such a sweetheart! Way sweeter than that mouthy, disrespectful teenager of hers (Harris).

I don’t know anything about the offensive comments Roseanne made years ago, but I’m not gonna stop watching a show I enjoy just because of some dumb shit the main character said years ago. But to each his own. Michael Richards (Seinfeld’s Kramer) went on that crazy racist rant years ago, but I wouldn’t dream of depriving myself of Seinfeld reruns just because of Michael Richards’ dumb, goofy-looking ass.

If I went and boycotted things every time someone said/did some fucked-up shit, I’d run out of stuff to do/enjoy. Lol. And that would also include me not going to karaoke anymore (the karaoke guy there is a Trump supporter who’s made an occasional remark that’s fucking annoyed me, but he really is cool peoples and one of my Facebook friends).

Yeah, I believe Becky is 43, but told them she’s 33...which is still a tad older than the egg donor requirements (when I looked it up), but hey...it’s T.V., so they don’t have to be 100% accurate.

I didn’t know this, but D.J.’s wife is named Gina, and Gina was also the name of the Black girl he was afraid to kiss years ago. Now that is adorable that they ended up married with a child. Awww!

Darlene’s son Mark is such a sweetheart! Way sweeter than that mouthy, disrespectful teenager of hers (Harris).

I don’t know anything about the offensive comments Roseanne made years ago, but I’m not gonna stop watching a show I enjoy just because of some dumb shit the main character said years ago. But to each his own. Michael Richards (Seinfeld’s Kramer) went on that crazy racist rant years ago, but I wouldn’t dream of depriving myself of Seinfeld reruns just because of Michael Richards’ dumb, goofy-looking ass.

If I went and boycotted things every time someone said/did some fucked-up shit, I’d run out of stuff to do/enjoy. Lol. And that would also include me not going to karaoke anymore (the karaoke guy there is a Trump supporter who’s made an occasional remark that’s fucking annoyed me, but he really is cool peoples and one of my Facebook friends).
That is a really good comparison with Seinfeld. Luckily Roseanne will probably be around longer than this administration so maybe in a few years when emotions aren't as strong I can watch it and enjoy it. :D

I'm glad the show is back and doing well, I hope it speaks to people that maybe feel underrepresented like it did back in the 80s, but I just don't want it on my tv.

It was born of the 80s, launching in Reagan's last term and growing with George H. W. Bush (I always preferred 80s Bush to the more recent offerings - CIA sure, but he did his bit in WWII). Roseanne was offensive to conservatives at the time, representing those who felt underrepresented then. It was counterculture to yuppie Alex P. Keaton on Family Ties (a satire that missed the mark so much it was adopted) and the rest of the all too perfect looking TV families along with the politics of the day.

Roseanne Barr will never be my first choice as a vocalist, but she makes good use of her voice to encourage conversation. In that she's a classic comic disruptor and has done so with both runs of the show already.

Who else has been watching?

I watch it and I like it. I notice that you also watch other shows that are kind of edgy (probably due to age) like Sanford and Son and All in the Family. It's fun to view a family as kind of how real life families are. Maybe it isn't real real life, but, damn doing sleep overs at the houses of friends I did get to see some weird (? weird to me) family dynamics which isn't too far off from all the shows mentioned above.

There does seem to be a lot going on with people trying to realize who they are but I can't remember if the original Roseanne was more socially poking. I always loved the wisecracks Roseanne seemed to snap off and at the time it didn't seem all that socially relevant to me (or political). Just seemed like a sort of like Moms I knew growing up who was in charge of other families.

Last edited:
Waiting for the season to finish so I can binge. Goes by too quick.

There does seem to be a lot going on with people trying to realize who they are but I can't remember if the original Roseanne was more socially poking. I always loved the wisecracks Roseanne seemed to snap off and at the time it didn't seem all that socially relevant to me (or political). Just seemed like a sort of like Moms I knew growing up who was in charge of other families.

Kinda remember Roseanne being way ahead of the curve on some issues. The lesbian kiss and them getting high are all I can think of but I'm sure more examples are there.

Waiting for the season to finish so I can binge. Goes by too quick.

Yeah the binging thing might be a good idea. I just watched the last episode and it passed so quickly. I did get a little disappointed this last episode as I forget that the show is meant as a half hour show with commercials as opposed to a netflix or HBO show.

Still interesting to me.

Absolute stupidity on her part. Unfortunately, its not the first time she's acted stupid.

She's really let a lot of people down. Smh.

Happy Birthday, btw!

Reactions: Mara_Jayne
Yup. Roseanne being Roseanne has managed to fuck up her comeback.

I wonder if they'll maybe try to continue it somehow without her. The show is a lot more about Darlene this time around. I'd watch Darlene.

I wonder in what universe she thought she could tweet that and not affect the status of her show? Does no one talk to old people about the pitfalls of social media? Sad that so many people are losing jobs over her running her mouth with cliche, white nationalist conspiracy theory crap. Of course it will hurt others more than it hurts her.

I wonder in what universe she thought she could tweet that and not affect the status of her show? Does no one talk to old people about the pitfalls of social media? Sad that so many people are losing jobs over her running her mouth with cliche, white nationalist conspiracy theory crap. Of course it will hurt others more than it hurts her.

It's been shown time and time again that a willful lack of self-awareness is a fundamental part of being "red-pilled".

I pretty much wrote her off after the crap she pulled singing the national anthem in San Diego years ago but gave her another chance. Her most recent unforgivable statement doesn't really surprise me.

It's sad too because the way the show was going it was dealing with real-life family problems, unlike the more dramatic shows where nobody has income issues or struggle to make ends meet.

Does no one talk to old people about the pitfalls of social media?

I grew up watching Archie Bunker, Dick Van Dyke, The Honeymooners, Andy Griffith... now those were some good tv shows IMO.

Does no one talk to young people about the pitfalls of social media?

Do cancelled idiot box tv shows somehow compare to teen suicides over social media?

Status
Not open for further replies.