AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russia Moves to Decriminalize Domestic Violence

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2017
West Virginia
Twitter Username
@Centurion_Cajun
DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure how open to political discussions this forum is, but I thought that this would somewhat apply to the camgirl world.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/europe/russia-domestic-violence-bill/index.html

Well, if we need to see how bad things have gotten in recent years for minorities and women around the world look no further than Russia. On Friday the Duma (the Russian legislature) voted 380-3 to remove almost all criminal elements of domestic violence. What's even more mind-blowing is that several of the bill's authors were women.

My area of historical focus in grad school is Napoleonic Wars gender relations, and since discovering a particular Russian studio camgirl who caught my eye, I've been looking into Russian gender relations. They are bad to say the least. Men are pretty much allowed to do whatever they please including beat their wives and carry on multiple affairs, which the wife is just expected to put up with. There's even a traditional Russian saying that goes along the lines of "if he beats you, it means he loves you". There are almost no laws protecting Russian women from harassment and violence from males.

This all seems to fall into the general theme of the horrible treatment that many Russian camgirls are faced with every day. Be it horrible working conditions, long hours, or unwanted sexual advances from their employers.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Booty_4U
Thought popped into my head the other day when this story came out...where would I rather be a woman; Russia, or Saudi Arabia?

After doing some research on Russia, and from what I learned in school about Saudi Arabia, I would probably say Saudi Arabia. At least in most moderate Islamic countries women are protected from abuse by random men who are not their husbands.

• Funny!
Reactions: Lili_xo
don't know.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia#Domestic_violence

I do know I have seen Russians (or so they claim) on webcams. Can't say the same for S.A.
Well, if we need to see how bad things have gotten in recent years for minorities and women around the world look no further than Russia.
I think this is a bit over the top. Last 15-20 years or so, I have heard horror stories from all over the globe about women and minorities having bad things done to them.

I wondered when I read this story if it was just part of an attempt to demonize Russia. Not saying this law (or Russia) is good, or that I agree with it.

True that you aren't likely to see many women from Islamic countries working as camgirls, but that could be explained by cultural aversion and better economic conditions. I suppose I was being hyperbolic, but it is still mind blowing to think that a modern first world country like Russia would be so far behind in gender relations.

In college I was a security guard at a cheap hotel and there were tons of Russians who would stay. They were very abusive towards their women. One guy had his girlfriend in the passenger seat as he slammed the passenger door over and over and over again calling her a lying bitch. I was like cut that ish out dumb phk and he left and the girl went to her room crying.

I also saw some steroid meathead yelling at his girlfriend like a dog. People complained about some white dude abusing his wife. When I cam on the scene he was just talking down to her and shit. She looked like an abused woman. I was like dude chill the fk out and then the cops came, talked to her, she didn/t any type of complaint so the cop was like #@$# her I'm off to Dunkin Donuts.

In college I was a security guard at a cheap hotel and there were tons of Russians who would stay. They were very abusive towards their women. One guy had his girlfriend in the passenger seat as he slammed the passenger door over and over and over again calling her a lying bitch. I was like cut that ish out dumb phk and he left and the girl went to her room crying.

I also saw some steroid meathead yelling at his girlfriend like a dog. People complained about some white dude abusing his wife. When I cam on the scene he was just talking down to her and shit. She looked like an abused woman. I was like dude chill the fk out and then the cops came, talked to her, she didn/t any type of complaint so the cop was like #@$# her I'm off to Dunkin Donuts.

While you could find stories like this anywhere in the US, the difference with Russia seems to be the social acceptance of them. While here in the US if someone sees or hears a domestic dispute they'll usually call the police, in Russia most people won't lift a finger, and if the police are called they might not show up. It makes the conditions that some camgirls in the former Soviet Union live under even more depressing knowing that this is what probably goes on behind the scenes.

Reactions: Mikey_P
It makes the conditions that some camgirls in the former Soviet Union live under even more depressing knowing that this is what probably goes on behind the scenes.
Well, to be honest, I am not sure how much of that is Russian. Or how big the problem is in Russia, as opposed to elsewhere.

I cozied up with a camgirl a while back with the sole intent of trying to get a peek behind the scenes, curious about this. Turned out that what you suggest couldn't be further from the truth. Do you mind if I ask what sources are shaping your views?

When it comes to camming, I hate the studios that give the look of being some sort of model sweatshop. I see that mostly with SOME South American and Russian studios.

I doubt that industry is all that violent. I believe that they expect a high turnover rate and don't abuse the women like say--- Eastern Euro sex traffickers do.

Reactions: fandango
Tabloid Tells Abusers How to Exploit Russia's Decriminalization of Domestic Violence

The Russian federal government is very close to decriminalizing several kinds of domestic abuse, reclassifying “violence that doesn’t cause significant injury” as a misdemeanor. According to criteria laid down by Russia's Health Ministry, the draft legislation will decriminalize beatings within families that result in “minor harm,” like “small abrasions, bruises, superficial wounds, and soft-tissue damage.”

I feel like the police probably don't take domestic abuse seriously, can't be bothered to deal with it, so this bill just solidifies what's already happening

Pretty scary

Status
Not open for further replies.