AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Safest way to get paid for Skype shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2016
Twitter Username
@Freckle_gator
Chaturbate Username
Frecklegator
Hey guys! Brand new cam model here! I keep getting asked to do skype shows, which is something I'm super pumped about because you can do way more shit on there than on regular camming sites My biggest concern right now is safety, though. Are skype shows safe? And if so how should I get paid for them? I know PayPal is OFF LIMITS for adult work and Payoneer seems like the best option but how well does it protect my identity? What's the best way to get paid off site but keep people from seeing my real name?

Reactions: MojitosJourney
That's actually untrue with CammodelDirectory... anyone (including Guests) can get the SkypeID without communicating with the model

CMD doesn't make them pay first, but (and maybe I'm wrong) I believe they do have to be signed up with the site first. If I were to equate it to MFC, I suppose I'd say it was similar to they'd have to at least have a "basic member" account. The reason they do this is to keep track of problem customers. There's a crooked clients list on the Skype model's dashboard, which let's us easily search their names to see if they are time wasters/scammers/known for credit card fraud etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
CMD doesn't make them pay first, but (and maybe I'm wrong) I believe they do have to be signed up with the site first. If I were to equate it to MFC, I suppose I'd say it was similar to they'd have to at least have a "basic member" account. The reason they do this is to keep track of problem customers. There's a crooked clients list on the Skype model's dashboard, which let's us easily search their names to see if they are time wasters/scammers/known for credit card fraud etc.

I tested it before posting to make sure... I wasn't logged in and could find out the ID's.

*edit* I'll test it but I do see that on one browser it doesn't show.

@MiqDroid Interesting...I'm surprised they allow that, but I guess they still get business, so whatever. Annoying though.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
@Frecks you may be interested in IndieBill: we've built it specifically for indie cam models to easily process credit card transactions.

We payout 85% per sale & protect you from chargebacks. There's no setup cost however customers pay a $0.95 service fee per transaction, so for example if your customer pays $100 then you earn $84.2 (99.05 * 85%).

Payouts are sent for free twice a month.

Of course, it's absolutely adult friendly and anonymous.

You can get more info at http://go.getindiebill.com - or I've just posted a detailed thread on ACF here

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd love working with you - you could start accepting payments with us from tomorrow :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE

Nope you don't have to log in to get the skype ID on CMD. But It is a part of the job. I will take the freedom I get on CMD by having my skype ID available.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I'm on LiveCamModelShows, it's run by a fellow model (Jesse Quinn) and it's a pretty great site. 85% payout that gets to you after a one-week hold, you effectively get paid weekly after the first 2 weeks. You can make your own profile however you choose, whether you want to reveal your Skype ID or not, put your twitter handle or cam links, it's all cool. Jesse also advertises the site so you may get extra traffic from there. She fights chargebacks so as long as you can prove you did the show with screenshots of calltime, you'll get paid.

Jesse is also amazing at model support, quick and super detailed responses to your concerns every time. Very reliable side site overall.

FYI there was a backdoor found some versions of skype. If your doing skype shows make sure skype is up to date! To avoid possible skype based hacks.

Also be aware.. Using skype means people may get your IP address. And the email address attached to your skype account. They can use this info to possible identify the general location and Or try to boot you offline.

Also, if your using windows 10. Make sure Wi-Fi Sense is disabled. Other wise skype may share your wifi password with every one you skype with.

I use Plumfund to handle payments. They are treated as donations. Their cut is only about 3%. Payouts happen daily. No chargebacks.

Do they allow adult content, can I advertise the donation perks as skypes, phone calls, dates, naughty vids, etc?

I am thinking this method would be tax free too...

Do they allow adult content, can I advertise the donation perks as skypes, phone calls, dates, naughty vids, etc?

I am thinking this method would be tax free too...
Like I said, use that link I posted for Square. They allow adult content ;) use that link I posted for $1000 in free fees

Weird because I called them before on it and they've said it's basically your business you do what you want lol. I've been using it for 4 years with adult content. Through invoices on square.com and through squarecash

Like I said, use that link I posted for Square. They allow adult content ;) use that link I posted for $1000 in free fees

I was asking @JizzyJezebel about plum fund, not you about square. Kind of sounds like your link is an affiliate link, you make money off of it?

No, it just gives you free processing fees so I like to share it with models so they can started cheap. Like with any card swiping service, you have to pay a fee for cards. This way you don't have to. Sorry, was just trying to help honestly.

• Hugs
Reactions: MojitosJourney
Avoid Plumfund like the the plague! Their payments are powered by either PayPal or WePay. WePay also bans adult content.

It hasn't been an issue for me. As long as you frame everything as a donation to you personally, it isn't an issue. And unlike the other sites here, you get far more of your money back and you get daily payouts.

It hasn't been an issue for me. As long as you frame everything as a donation to you personally, it isn't an issue. And unlike the other sites here, you get far more of your money back and you get daily payouts.

Well, WADR you've been camming for like a month, so maybe providing a recommendation on the long-term viability of a payment method is a bit premature. All it takes is one person to complain and you can get booted. In that sense, it's no different from Paypal.

And I have been involved in sex work for two years. Maybe I am not as risk averse as others, but I prefer to get as much of my money as possible versus the risk of being closed out of my account.

If that is an issue for others, I understand.

No, it just gives you free processing fees so I like to share it with models so they can started cheap. Like with any card swiping service, you have to pay a fee for cards. This way you don't have to. Sorry, was just trying to help honestly.

Are you sure? Looks like an affiliate link to me, and Square does offer Affiliate services.

WePay even mentions camgirls in their policy agianst adult content.
https://support.wepay.com/hc/en-us/...at-is-WePay-s-policy-regarding-adult-content-

Think you need to read further, "adult entertainers may raise funds with WePay as long as they follow the following guidelines:" It's easy to "work" around that :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.