AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scammer impersonating me with a fake Skype account

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashacurves

Cam Model
Nov 22, 2021
United Kingdom
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@SashaCurves
MFC Username
Sasha_Curves
Streamate Username
SashaCurves
This is the first time something like this has happened to me and I don't know wtf you're meant to do about it!

Someone contacted me today to tell me he's been scammed by a Skype user using my name and profile pic to "sell camshows" I think in return for amazon vouchers. I'm frustrated that I've lost not only this guy but presumably other potential customers to whoever this is. And that I'm potentially getting a bad reputation as a scammer because of this!

I also today got a strange message on snapchat from a guy saying he's not comfortable "with the amazon thing" which presumably is another customer who's getting scammed.

Has this happened to anyone else and what can you do to deal with it?

• Hugs
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
It's called catfishing, and unfortunately it happens all too often. :(

I'd suggest putting a warning text about this on all of your profile pages, something along the lines "Warning! I'm only selling on so and so site" or "If you want to buy videos/whatever ONLY contact me directly here and no other unofficial platform" or "I only use so and so platform and my ONLY username there is xxx", you get the gist. This might help out a little with your problem...

I'd suggest putting a warning text about this on all of your profile pages, something along the lines "Warning! I'm only selling on so and so site" or "If you want to buy videos/whatever ONLY contact me directly here and no other unofficial platform" or "I only use so and so platform and my ONLY username there is xxx", you get the gist. This might help out a little with your problem...
Bro, most of us use multiple sites and have more important things to put in our bios/pinned posts than listing all of them as warnings for people who might get scammed by someone else. Also, what site would we be able to even put that info on? Because on sites where I'm actually selling I usually can't mention other sites, and on half of social media sites I use for promotion I have to speak in code anyway, so again, can't mention the sites I'm selling on openly.

Bro, most of us use multiple sites and have more important things to put in our bios/pinned posts than listing all of them as warnings for people who might get scammed by someone else. Also, what site would we be able to even put that info on? Because on sites where I'm actually selling I usually can't mention other sites, and on half of social media sites I use for promotion I have to speak in code anyway, so again, can't mention the sites I'm selling on openly.
We all say "we have more important things to do than something", right up until that something affects us directly, then that something goes right at the top of the "more important things to do". I don't know about you, but if I were to find out that there are people out there using my name and making money off of my hard work, I'd be more concerned about preventing that. Because, just as OP mentioned...

I've lost not only this guy but presumably other potential customers to whoever this is. And that I'm potentially getting a bad reputation as a scammer because of this
and these are two very important things to consider, especially in the online world.

On all profile pages I created for different models, I've always included a DMCA warning and a scammer alert. Just so this type of thing can be avoided. Of course no solution is 100% bulletproof, but I think a model should do as best as she can to prevent that, at least for her sake, if not for the members' money.

Yep I had this a while ago too, one of my regs brought it to my attention that someone had messaged him on whatsapp asking to send him money in some odd way (I forget the details it was a couple of years ago).

He messaged me on twitter asking me how I got his whatsapp number 😂 I mean I put a pinned tweet about it for a while. But the reality is there's really not much you can do to prevent it.

The only thing I could recommend is to send out a mass message on your social platforms saying that this issue has been brought to your attention to make them aware this is something thats happening and to only make payments through your usual methods / methods they have used before with you.

The only thing I could recommend is to send out a mass message on your social platforms saying that this issue has been brought to your attention to make them aware this is something thats happening and to only make payments through your usual methods / methods they have used before with you.
My point exactly. AWARENESS is kind of the only solution here, but it still is important and can save you some headaches, if nothing else.

@TopVCadmin I get where you're coming from but like @_mika_ says, most sites won't let you mention the names of other sites, least of all your own personal payment methods. And I could mention on my Twitter that my Skype user ID is "_____" but I don't want people having it for free. DMCA warnings also do absolutely nothing to scare off the type of person who will steal your content and sell it on/use it to pretend to be you and honestly I think it looks a little silly/naive when people have them posted on their profiles.

Thanks @KingMarti it's reassuring to know this is common and that's what I did do, on twitter, plus asked all the scammees to report the account

I don't know about you, but if I were to find out that there are people out there using my name and making money off of my hard work, I'd be more concerned about preventing that.
I don't know about you, but if I weren't a sex worker I wouldn't be condescending towards them about how to do their job. This thread is literally in the Ask-A-Model! section. Also, did you read what I said fully? Cause it seems like you stopped after one sentence and conveniently ignored a question I asked you.

Status
Not open for further replies.