AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scrolling banner for music titles on Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2023
Hello,

I once came across a CB room where the girl was using some kind of scrolling banner to display on-screen the music titles she was playing during her shows.
As you can imagine, this is very helpful when you want to know what songs are played if you never heard them before. đź‘Ť
Does any of you know how this works?
I am now a big supporter & moderator of a camgirl who is playing good music and as a number of viewers sometimes ask about the songs being played, I thought this would be a great addition to her room/shows.
She agreed that I should enquire on the matter, so here I am with this topic. :)
Thanks in advance to anyone who may help! 🙏

Cheers,
Alex

Hello,

I once came across a CB room where the girl was using some kind of scrolling banner to display on-screen the music titles she was playing during her shows.
As you can imagine, this is very helpful when you want to know what songs are played if you never heard them before. đź‘Ť
I am now a big supporter & moderator of a camgirl who is playing good music and as a number of viewers sometimes ask about the songs being played, I thought this would be a great addition to her room/shows.
She agreed that I should enquire on the matter, so here I am with this topic. :)

Cheers,
Alex
OBS and tuna plugin allows this scrolling music stuff. Do that myself with spotify.

Upvote 0
There are a few top models on CB who use some sort of juke box and stream music thru obs. Some models seem to by pass the no copy right music THRU obs rule. But these are the models who make a lot of $$$ for CB, so that's probably the reason they can do it. As good as it sounds, I wouldn't risk it.

Reactions: Yep_Nope_Maybe
Upvote 0
There are a few top models on CB who use some sort of juke box and stream music thru obs. Some models seem to by pass the no copy right music THRU obs rule. But these are the models who make a lot of $$$ for CB, so that's probably the reason they can do it. As good as it sounds, I wouldn't risk it.
You keep saying this whenever music is brought up and it simply isn't true. You can play music while broadcasting. You cannot sell a video with music in it.

I play music every stream. I own the songs I play, I do not stream them. Therefore I am in strict accordance with any copyright issue. The music is paid for, it is not through a streaming service that depends on ad revenue and subscription revenue therefore I am not taking anything from anyone that deserves to be paid.

That's like saying strip clubs can't play music. If they tried to sell a video of the girls dancing to those songs they would have to have permission and pay royalties or whatever terms they agreed to abide by.

Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
You keep saying this whenever music is brought up and it simply isn't true. You can play music while broadcasting. You cannot sell a video with music in it.

I play music every stream. I own the songs I play, I do not stream them. Therefore I am in strict accordance with any copyright issue. The music is paid for, it is not through a streaming service that depends on ad revenue and subscription revenue therefore I am not taking anything from anyone that deserves to be paid.

That's like saying strip clubs can't play music. If they tried to sell a video of the girls dancing to those songs they would have to have permission and pay royalties or whatever terms they agreed to abide by.
It is against CB rules to play music you don't own the copyright to or do not have permission to play. They do not enforce this, but it is still against the rules. "You may only have copyrighted content -- including music, movies, and video games -- in your stream if you are the rights holder or have the permission of all rights holders." This is stated in the section where models get their stream key for OBS.

Stripclubs absolutely cannot play copyrighted music, but again just like CB, music companies do not care to enforce this.

Upvote 0
It is against CB rules to play music you don't own the copyright to or do not have permission to play. They do not enforce this, but it is still against the rules. "You may only have copyrighted content -- including music, movies, and video games -- in your stream if you are the rights holder or have the permission of all rights holders." This is stated in the section where models get their stream key for OBS.

Stripclubs absolutely cannot play copyrighted music, but again just like CB, music companies do not care to enforce this.
I stand corrected. Then I would conclude that having the song names stream across the video image would be a really dumb thing to do. And can understand Jess's annoyance at getting away with it, especially if she had been previously punished. So, I'll shut up now. :D

Upvote 0
I stand corrected. Then I would conclude that having the song names stream across the video image would be a really dumb thing to do. And can understand Jess's annoyance at getting away with it, especially if she had been previously punished. So, I'll shut up now. :D
Correct. Displaying the the song names is the only time I've heard of CB actually enforcing that rule.

Reactions: Yep_Nope_Maybe
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the tip and advice everyone! đź‘Ť
I will check how to use OBS and Tuna. :)
Cheers,
Alex
PS: There is no video selling implied whatsoever, it's just for the live performance and helping people know the songs' names.

Upvote 0
Correct. Displaying the the song names is the only time I've heard of CB actually enforcing that rule.

Hello,

Cheers,
Alex
CB used to explicitly state in their OBS Support section that displaying copyrighted song information on-screen was a not permitted but that has since been replaced by the generic (catchall) statement that Nigerian Prince quoted earlier.

And, even if they don't ban the Broadcaster, CB could revoke the account's ability to use an External Encoder, like OBS, altogether to prevent future infractions.

Source: support.chaturbate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037971972-OBS-RTMP-Information-Settings

Reactions: JessRyan
Upvote 0
Thanks for the link @Yep_Nope_Maybe !
I realize Vixxen and Nigerian posted replies while I was prepping mine...
So basically we should not use OBS + Tuna :worried:
The only reason I see for this rule is that streams are not meant to be live only (I suspect this is not specified is any terms & conditions though). Streams are recorded (see Recurbate for instance, who might just be an affiliate to CB, from what I read somewhere...) and so CB is making extra money out of the replay videos they sell. And obviously they don't want to be sued for copyright issues when they do. Just an assumption of mine, from an article I read as I said, but that would explain their reluctance towards associating OBS / Tuna with any copyrighted music.

Upvote 0
The only reason I see for this rule is that streams are not meant to be live only (I suspect this is not specified is any terms & conditions though). Streams are recorded (see Recurbate for instance, who might just be an affiliate to CB, from what I read somewhere...) and so CB is making extra money out of the replay videos they sell. And obviously they don't want to be sued for copyright issues when they do. Just an assumption of mine, from an article I read as I said, but that would explain their reluctance towards associating OBS / Tuna with any copyrighted music.
Have you ever watched any of those videos? I've clicked on a few, they have zero audio.

• Wat?!
Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
Like JessRyan said above, "I wouldn't risk it." OBS is too important of a tool for many uses during broadcasts to risk losing the ability to use it altogether.

Reactions: JessRyan
Upvote 0
Yes it is. Playing/streaming copyrighted music THRU obs is also against OBS rules & CB rules. But certain models get away with it.

Upvote 0
I cannot speak to CB but as someone who was a stripclub DJ for over 12 years, I can clarify this.
They can and do play copyrighted music. Just like any other night club or dance club. They just have to pay the standard license fees to BMI/ASCAP (in the USA). Any establishment that plays background music has to pay this also... malls, retail stores, restaurants, etc. Even a theater that just has live bands, if the band is playing music they did not write, BMI/ASCAP have to be paid.
They can and WILL enforce this.
I was working at a club that had not paid ASCAP in over a year and in the middle of a busy Friday night shift, an ASCAP rep showed up with members of local law enforcement and forced us to stop business immediately in the middle of the shift. I've seen numerous bars/nightclubs get raided and shut down temporarily for not paying BMI and/or ASCAP licenses.
BMI/ASCAP actively hunt establishments that do not have licensing accounts. They'll send in undercover reps who will hang out and quietly log every song that is played over an hour or two, then take that and get a court order to cease and desist.

Upvote 0
Very interesting input, @ElGato.
Now it would be interesting to know if this kind of thing ever happened to a CB cam person playing music during their stream ^^ I guess not. But it's good to remember no one should try to escape or overlook the applicable rules.

Upvote 0
So technically almost everyone playing music while streaming is doing do illegally, unless like bars etc pay for license/rights to or there free to the public. Guess I will be removing the spotify plugin from obs now and mute the music track..
Not worth waiting till one gets a ban or warning about it, even it tons get away with it.

Upvote 0
I would say having music/radio playing softly in your background (not overwhelming the room) is okay and wouldn't be a problem. Less likely to get in trouble for that. But when you stream music/jukebox THRU OBS (and it's the main point of the room and sounds freakin awesome) That's the problem, it sounds really good. The guys go crazy for it and other models want to do it too. I was one of them, until I read OBS rules on copyrighted music.
I play soft tunes in my background thru a little speaker almost every time I cam. But you can barely hear it and it's not the focus of my room.
I think CB overlooks these models due to the $$ they make.

Upvote 0

Reactions: JessRyan and ElGato
Upvote 0
Good call! We use this exclusively at the fine wine/charcuterie establishment that I manage and we've been off the hook for paying any 3rd party licensing fees for music. They have a great selection of music available. The app can be a bit buggy at times but I highly recommend them as a streaming service.

Upvote 0
Good call! We use this exclusively at the fine wine/charcuterie establishment that I manage and we've been off the hook for paying any 3rd party licensing fees for music. They have a great selection of music available. The app can be a bit buggy at times but I highly recommend them as a streaming service.
Unsure of which type of business to say it is, though. Any thoughts there?

Upvote 0
Unsure of which type of business to say it is, though. Any thoughts there?
Really don't think business type matters for establishing an account. But I don't think it would be the answer to any cam site rules.
From the FAQ:

Can I use Soundtrack to play music on my website?
Unfortunately not – Soundtrack only provides background music for physical establishments. This means that Soundtrack can’t be used for online videos, radio, live-streaming or social media posts, either.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.