AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Self care as a cam model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
hi!

being a cam model, working from home and running everything by yourself has its obvious perks but clearly comes with a very particular set of challenges.

I’ve been doing this for six months now, streaming pretty consistently six days a week. But I’m struggling to keep up wIt’s my (mental) health. Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine overall, but I’ve noticed that it’s really hard to press that “off” button and not get entirely enveloped in camming 24/7.

I’d love to ask you guys how you cope with guilt of taking time for yourself / what it is you do to wind down and not skimp on basic stuff like sleep and regular meals

I’m guessing it probably does get better over time, once you really get into the flow of things. (Although I’ve also noticed that alcohol and substance abuse are rather common)

do you stick to a rigid routine? Disconnect one day a week? I’d love to hear what it is that helps you guys stay sane!

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Guilt? First of all, let's address that word. Don't feel guilty about self care. Self care is BASIC, and it's a direct action against productivity culture.

I'll admit when I first started I wa all about building my platform 7 days a week. I know myself and I know I get overzealous, so I forced myself to take days off after a few weeks of that. I don't just do cam, I also have a content website (was onlyfans, now loyalfans). I love creative work and I easily get wrapped up in new things, so 2 + 2 = 4 on that one.

Life too short for routines, so fans like it when you have a consistent schedule. But, you won't have fans if you're not putting your best self forward, in any case.

I have a lot of other stressers in my life, so I can't talk about skimping meals and stuff, because there's a lot of reasons to do that. My advice is when you see something is wrong go ahead and address. Don't wait to take care of yourself. Don't put yourself off.

I have only recently gotten back into camming, but it's something that I am now adding onto a full time job, fulltime school schedule and modeling. I understand the difficulty in taking time for yourself, but it is so important. I am not sure if you are much of a schedule person, but I have found that scheduling in time for self care as helped a lot! Make out your schedule and do your best to stick to it, and make sure to actually write in those self care periods!

Most of all be kind to yourself and listen to what your body needs!

I keep to a schedule, and tend to take weeks off at time for my sanity. During that time, I do things that I love, and stay away from any type of adult work. I don't drink, but I can understand why some do, but it is crucial to take time for yourself.

As a cam model i used to take a lot of care of myself daily .. was online 20pm ...2 am, then i had all day for myself, treatments, gym, massage and so on, i manage to look at 40 like 30 or less . But now, this year when i decided to make my busness and be a also a cam model also a busness woman, i dont even have time to go out to see the light and is making me depressed .... I need to be at studio for girls like all day long and i only sleep few h a day, for example now i didnt go out of the house last 3 days , doing nothing for myself :( .. Hope soon ill find the way to live my life again soon and to take care of myself the way i should ...

Hello.
I would like to say that you are not alone.
Many cam girls that are serious deal with this type of immersive life and they don't know how to dissconnect.
The only step that I can recommend is to put the phone down and find a hobby that captures uses your whole attention and doesn't let your mind wonder. Can be anythng from sports to reading....

I was a workaholic, and then I discovered that I was miserable and sad all the time and had constant headaches (from my 9-5 which in modern days is a 9am - 9pm LOL). When I started camming I wanted it to be fun for me, it is a side gig for me so I am able to be a bit more laid back and cam when I feel like. But I find if I cam when I'm not feeling it I never have a good show. I don't know just make sure your personal life comes first!

hi!

being a cam model, working from home and running everything by yourself has its obvious perks but clearly comes with a very particular set of challenges.

I’ve been doing this for six months now, streaming pretty consistently six days a week. But I’m struggling to keep up wIt’s my (mental) health. Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine overall, but I’ve noticed that it’s really hard to press that “off” button and not get entirely enveloped in camming 24/7.

I’d love to ask you guys how you cope with guilt of taking time for yourself / what it is you do to wind down and not skimp on basic stuff like sleep and regular meals

I’m guessing it probably does get better over time, once you really get into the flow of things. (Although I’ve also noticed that alcohol and substance abuse are rather common)

do you stick to a rigid routine? Disconnect one day a week? I’d love to hear what it is that helps you guys stay sane!
Hunny, your job is to be a bad bitch that’s it lol. It’s normal to always think about your job and focus on always trying your best to look and feel good, on and off cam. Have a morning and night routine. Do you hair, I don’t go too crazy with my makeup tbh. my go to makeup look is conclear, bronzer, mascara and blush, I’ve been doing some natural eyeshadow and eyeliner lately and my fans have been loving it. Also I like to spray on my favorite perfume before I go live it puts me in a good mood.
You can write off all off of your beauty care!! Are you in a relationship? Go a spa date once in a while or take some friends.
Here is an example of my day.
wake up, make coffee, breakfast for everyone (husband, 4 dogs) take my dogs out, eat my breakfast and enjoy my coffee while listening to some news and browsing chaturbate to see the vibe. Then I go to my cam room and make sure its clean, and things are charged turn on my computer and make sure everything is ready to go. Next I’ll take a shower and exfoliate my whole body, moisturize and blowout my hair if I washed it that day, which I do like every 2-3 days.
Then I go to do some basic chores for 30 min and figure out what I’m making for dinner. Then I check on my puppies again, take them outside once more. After that I find an outfit that make me feel cute that day, the more compete the outfit the better, users like to see your style. My favorite outfit is a some innocent looking outfit with some reallly hot lingerie underneath. Then I’ll put on my makeup. Go get some water and coffee. And then I start my show. After my show is over I check on my puppies, clean up my cam room, take a light shower do some more chores or errands. They I’ll make dinner, clean up, take my puppies out, do a house project then watch a little news. I workout every other day for about an hour. Then I’ll take a steam shower or go in the hot tub and relax. I like to clean my face very well at night, I use a clairsonic for my face and I exfoliate again specifically my bikini area, shave. Then I moisturize again and watch a movie with a snack and some hot tea before I go to sleep.
I get my nails done every 3ish weeks, and once in a while get my hair done.
My mental health usually depends on how organized my life is so, I do take 2-3 days off sometimes when I need to get things done. But be careful doing that too often. Also plan things to do like monthly spa days or dinners to relax and unwind. I like to light candles in rooms that I am in. Like when I’m working in the kitchen I’ll like a candle. I also have one in my cam room, it makes me feel good.
Anyway remember every job can be stressful but you are doing this from home be grateful for that. Also don’t be jealous of other models who seem to do better. This is so bad for your mental health, been there done that. Instead use them for inspiration and be happy that you have the same job and opportunity they do.
Last thing I’m going to say is try you best to just have fun with it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.