AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sense of community between your room members?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2022
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask, is a sense of community between your room members something you like? How come?

I'm talking about... many of them on chat have an idea of the type of comments x and y fellow-members make, as well as their respective tipping styles and habits, that they joke between each other, talk a bit about their day to day life and ask about it to x or y, on some other day, and just have this feeling of general support between them all. Know what I mean?

I'd love to know your opinion about it. Thanks in advance!

I love when room members and customers engage with each other and me. Who wants to be in a boring room? Not me. I personally really like it when there is a good vibe going on.:happy:

I usually cam on streamate or niteflirt so that is not really the culture of those sites. But when it happens I am overjoyed.

I mod in a room with a very good group of regulars who all joke with each other and the model. I cannot imagine a room without some kind of connection like this. People come and go but there are a handful of people who have been active for 6 to 18 months and it is often the best part of my day.

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask, is a sense of community between your room members something you like? How come?

I'm talking about... many of them on chat have an idea of the type of comments x and y fellow-members make, as well as their respective tipping styles and habits, that they joke between each other, talk a bit about their day to day life and ask about it to x or y, on some other day, and just have this feeling of general support between them all. Know what I mean?

I'd love to know your opinion about it. Thanks in advance!

Years ago when I actually had a decent camscore on MyFreeCams (Therefore I had more members chatting and tipping), my room was like this, and it was wonderful. I miss it. :cry:

Love it when people chat to me and each other, it's fun. But having balance between guys chatting to eachother about random stuff and engaging with me is v important too. There were times where I felt super excluded in my own room, lol!

For a while I had a guy in who would chat way too much though and he chased away a lot of people with his overwhelming presence - literally, the chat would just be full of his bad jokes or silly & sarcastic answers to my questions.
What annoyed me the most would be when he would start a conversation with another regular about football or crack a really shitty joke and laugh with the other member while I was in the middle of a cum show/doing a sexy tip menu request. Like, stfu and concentrate here??? Way to get me dry af. He didn't even tip much either, at most would drop 5-15 tk in a whole show, but more often than not nothing.

Having chatty members is great but having members who know when to shut up and involve themselves in the show by tipping or commenting on what I'm doing, or just sit back and watch in silence is something that's pretty important to me.

Viewer POV: I love the interaction that the regular room that I visit has. When all of her regulars (fanclub members) are online, we always have so much fun as a collective. We constantly bounce of each other and this helps make the room so much more fun overall. Its one of the main reasons I joined this model's room, this level of interaction.
We all have in-jokes between us as well, so often it could appear intimidating to an outside observer I guess but the model loves it when her "boys" are there and chatting.

It's always good when there are jokes from the model (in a good way obviously) about guys coming to HER room to see each other and not her lol.
I always personally like this and think it's great.

For me personally, as a user, it is swings and roundabouts depending on the room I am in, the model, and just how everything is or even how much energy (what my mood is) I have.

Many times you can TRY very hard to "get in" on the conversations with a room, but they are always talking about "personal" things that have happened, so you can't really be in on the conversation, and so it's just a few regulars and the model. Even if the model TRIES to include you and explains some things, it can still be too difficult because you weren't there etc
I've had this many times, even going back to the same room and the same thing happening again and again, but different topics of conversation.
I am sure other users can understand what I mean (I hope) even though I may have explained it badly. It's one of those things where you don't want to constantly be "oh what are you guys on about?"

Sometimes you can try to make little conversations with other users, but it's clear they really don't want to - and I don't mean personal things or dirty talk etc. I just mean something that is happening with/at the model and the room right now, or maybe the user has made a comment and you "bat off" it (they make a joke and you add to the joke a little).. but some guys just want to obviously talk with he model and the model only. Which I can understand so I always get the hint fast lol - I am also like this sometimes (maybe a lot), although I will at least comment/joke back a few times because It's always nice when a model will see this and literally says or write "I like when my users get on and have fun too".

Thank you all for your answers. A lot of interesting ideas!

Models, in the broader scheme, how does this sense of community help you earn more money, if it does? (I love how @Lexi_Summers commented how, in some cases, it doesn't)

And, @NoelleNoirCams and others, if there is a guest and a private chat on Streamate, where different can interact, why isn't that enough for generating community? I've never used the platform so I really don't know.

Reactions: ericlafayet
And, @NoelleNoirCams and others, if there is a guest and a private chat on Streamate, where different can interact, why isn't that enough for generating community? I've never used the platform so I really don't know.

Private-based sites (such as Streamate) are a bit different from token sites (such as MyFreeCams). On token sites like MFC you're more likely to see a bit more of the "Hey, Bill! Heyyy, Bob! What's happenin', Dave?" like they're all buddies, and there's this whole buildup to reach a model's public chat room goal by various people tipping. Dave will be telling Bob about how he just got home from the vet's office, etc. I know that MFC allows members to PM each other too. Lol. Sometimes a member may even "gift" tokens to another member he likes, so that he can also join in to tip the model.

Members on Streamate ain't sitting there for an hour (or more) doing all that. They're there to see a GOLD show or private show, and there's probably not gonna be any "Thanks! I'll see you tomorrow, darlin'!" afterwards. Lol. They pay for the GOLD show or private show...bust that nut...and leave.

I'm not knocking either of the sites. I'm just saying that if a sense of community is what you prefer, token sites may be more for you.

Streamate; where some of us still take masturbation very seriously (lol just being facetious/ tongue in cheek) 😂

A group of my regulars ("Amberlanders") even chat to each other on Twitter daily. This sunday marks 13 years on MFC for me, some of them have been around for at least half of that, a couple nearly the entire time. They all know certain details about each other and it creates a really friendly and warm environment in my room.

A group of my regulars ("Amberlanders") even chat to each other on Twitter daily. This sunday marks 13 years on MFC for me, some of them have been around for at least half of that, a couple nearly the entire time. They all know certain details about each other and it creates a really friendly and warm environment in my room.

dragon birthday dragon.jpg

Reactions: AmberCutie
Status
Not open for further replies.