AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I be worried about a model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2019
I'm not sure about this but a model I have seen a few times has said a few times things like 'I don't have choice' . Last time I saw her (in public chat) something made her cry for no apparent reason so I suggested she take a break and she said 'I can't'. I'm a bit worried for her but I'm sure she doesn't want to talk about it with some randomer and can't think of anything I could do to help anyway. Am I reading too much into this?

I'm not sure about this but a model I have seen a few times has said a few times things like 'I don't have choice' . Last time I saw her (in public chat) something made her cry for no apparent reason so I suggested she take a break and she said 'I can't'. I'm a bit worried for her but I'm sure she doesn't want to talk about it with some randomer and can't think of anything I could do to help anyway. Am I reading too much into this?

A lot of people are in situations where they can't find work in other places or if they can, they are paid scraps for doing 12hrs a day and very hard manual labour.
By her saying "can't" take a break, it probably just means she doesn't make enough money to be able to feed herself (and family?), pay all bills and everything, so she can't simply take a break, despite her wanting to or needing to. Not everyone has that luxury, unfortunately.

Breaking down crying could be any number of things and if she doesn't wish to tell you what bothered her at the time, or any problems happening in her real life, then you need to respect it and just leave it alone. Despite wanting to give a shoulder to cry on, or "a problem shared is a problem halved", it isn't as straight forward as that.

I think what you're thinking immediately is that she is being held against her will and being forced to work? Maybe that's the case, but I can honestly say I have watched a lot of models and have never been given that impression unless she is just trying to do it for sympathy.

Edit:
Just to add, if it is the latter that you are thinking (she is being forced to do cam model work), then I don't even think you should do anything about it, not even report it. I know that sounds bad but if it is the case you could quite easily 1) Make things extremely horrible for her from those forcing her, and 2) She may have no income to pay for stuff. So you could easily make things MUCH worse for her.

I can well understand that models may 'have to' work for financial reasons (don't we all). You are right I was more worried that maybe she was doing this against her will. I did not ask too much both not to upset her further and incase her chat was being monitored. I was kind of wondering if it was the right thing to do to stop watching if she is not happy with her work or whether continuing to tip would actually be of help. She does usually seem happy so maybe it was just something unrelated.

A lot of people are in situations where they can't find work in other places or if they can, they are paid scraps for doing 12hrs a day and very hard manual labour.
By her saying "can't" take a break, it probably just means she doesn't make enough money to be able to feed herself (and family?), pay all bills and everything, so she can't simply take a break, despite her wanting to or needing to. Not everyone has that luxury, unfortunately

More likely, she's a studio model with a set shift or a minimum amount earned required before logging off.

It's not always the case "woe is me" or studio model. I've been put into a situation where I used to earn almost 100K/year, bought a house based on those earnings, and then the site went shady and started stealing from me (bullshit/fraudulent chargebacks), cutting my traffic to benefit them (tier system) and basically cut my income in half. I started putting in twice the hours for half the money. I cammed there for almost 4 years. Top 10 on the front page, and usually ended my day in the top 10 daily earners on the site for most of my time there. Spent years and countless 12-18 hour days building a good following there.

I had to move to a new camsite that was out of my comfort zone but had VERY good traffic and started "rebuilding" again and JUST AS things started to get more stable financially -not ideal but definitely manageable- after the transition 6 months in, THE NEW SITE started pulling shady shit. My traffic got cut by almost 2/3 literally over the course of a week and even though I have doubled my hours to compensate and I am getting more followers -I have 1/3 the traffic and half the income for my time put in *still NO answers on why that happened or how to get back the traffic*. My hustle did not change, I did not change my appearance, I did not violate any TOS, did nothing wrong, hours pretty consistent, nothing changed at all.....

So again I am left putting in twice the hours for half the income. I'm literally making enough to barely survive right now and am trapped in a house I am upside down on and am making payments to the IRS when I used to have enough saved to be able to pay them outright. Credit cards were used to ease the transition to the new site (groceries, internet and utility bills etc) and those are maxed out now. Top that with medical issues and bills involving my vagina and now there is a disaster and I do NOT have a choice.

That's what I get for trusting these sites to "reward me for my hard work". I'm not really into anal and now I'm getting it double time without lube.

I HAVE to cam and have no real other way out at this point. I could go back to my old corporate job but it won't be enough to cover what I have to pay in bills a month.

It very well could be a situation like that for her and quite honestly the best thing you could do is tip her. Your tips may set off a tip bomb explosion that will save her ass that day..... Or, at the very least you help her buy a meal or pay a bill. You could also follow her offsite (Snapchat/Twitter) and see if she will accept Cashapp or gift cards so that she can get what she needs.

It very well could be a situation like that for her and quite honestly the best thing you could do is tip her. Your tips may set off a tip bomb explosion that will save her ass that day..... Or, at the very least you help her buy a meal or pay a bill. You could also follow her offsite (Snapchat/Twitter) and see if she will accept Cashapp or gift cards so that she can get what she needs.

Hopefully it is just a financial situation or the studio requiring certain hours. I think it is safe to say she is a russian model so i have no idea what her living expenses might be but I am kind of surprised that half of 100K is still struggling. I know the site and a studio take most of the tokens so if there is a chance to help her get a bigger share I will take it, look out for a wishlist etc. Her studio looks very nice, quite big and well decorated if that is any indication of the conditions working there and I'm pretty certain she is not working the number of hours that you are.

Having thought about it a bit more I do remember someone making a pretty nasty comment at some point in the show (I don't remember when but I'm guessing earlier) so the tears may well have been due to that.

Just for the sake of being candid, she is about 5th on my list of favorites so I don't want to go being a white knight but it is difficult to see someone struggling.

Thanks again for the advice all, I feel happier now that she is probably not in some kind of coercive situation.

I am kind of surprised that half of 100K is still struggling.

It is struggling when you busted your fucking ass for almost 4 years (no life, luxuries, vacations, 12-18 hour days for weeks straight) for many years to get that sort of income, it was consistent for long enough to feel safe buying a house based on that income and now the half barely covers living expenses after the mortgage takes so much out and the tax man comes and you are living off Amazon gift cards that regulars send for groceries and household supplies LOL (Self Employment taxes are a BITCH - what your employer normally covers for you for SSI, Medicare, etc we have to pay that in. If your bill is $3K - Mine is $7K - that's a whole other rant HAHA).

Keep in mind - I did NOT by a fancy house, my house is old and needs a LOT of updating, I bought for LOCATION which luckily means I can flip it in a few years after working so hard to get here (I wanted to grow old in this home). BUT I have to try to not lose it during that time because SOMEONE ELSE is controlling my earnings no matter how hard I work now....... It used to be you earned your way to the top by putting in hours and earning as much as you could. Now the sites are stepping in to control things on their end for their benefit and hard work doesn't mean shit anymore.......

Just for the sake of being candid, she is about 5th on my list of favorites so I don't want to go being a white knight but it is difficult to see someone struggling.

You probably should have kept that to yourself as it kinda makes you sound like a jerk. I do understand but that just came across poorly, especially since you were worried enough about her to make a post on a camming forum. If you were so worried about her enough to post here maybe you could prioritize her over your #'s 1-4 for a day or so and give her a little help??

Having thought about it a bit more I do remember someone making a pretty nasty comment at some point in the show (I don't remember when but I'm guessing earlier) so the tears may well have been due to that.

If she's a seasoned model, it wouldn't be that. If she's new, possibly. As a seasoned model I'll still have a doozy thrown at me here and there but I can usually shrug it off in a few minutes and it doesn't make me cry. If I have a flood of bullshit assholes then yeah, it'll start to build. It very well may be (since she's Russian) its a studio OR the site is fucking with her money, she's onto it and getting frustrated (the ONLY thing that has made me cry on cam or log off to do so in the last year).

But, you said you asked and she shrugged it off so she obviously doesn't want you to know. Since she's your #5 you probably don't get as much from her as a long term consistent regular so she feels it was none of your business. ONLY my regulars that have been with me a very long time and have supported the fucking hell out of me get an honest answer to that question when it gets asked :)

It is struggling when you busted your fucking ass for almost 4 years .......
I did not intend this to be personal,, no offense is intended,. You are welcome to as much as you can earn and I wish you every success and am sorry for you recent drop in earnings but you earn more than I do so I can't be tipping *extra* to financially help someone in your situation. But thank you for explaining a models financial experiences.

You probably should have kept that to yourself as it kinda makes you sound like a jerk. I do understand but that just came across poorly, especially since you were worried enough about her to make a post on a camming forum. If you were so worried about her enough to post here maybe you could prioritize her over your #'s 1-4 for a day or so and give her a little help??
I can't worry that someone may be doing this against their will without them being my favorite? Again I meant no offense, obviously I do like her but I only have so many tokens to go around and therefore need to prioritise. I know there are lots of models who are struggling financially and wish that they could all make a comfortable living but I can not finance everyone.

I did not mean to imply that I have a strictly ranked list but I think I am allowed to have preferences. It was more intended to be a representation of the proportion of my tips she that has received so far and not a measure of her value as a person. If you can think of a better way to express what you know I meant then I would be happy to hear it.

Again my primary concern was whether she was being coerced. I am sorry I did not make that more clear in my first post but since I was not sure, I was trying to be delicate.

If she's a seasoned model, it wouldn't be that. If she's new, possibly. As a seasoned model I'll still have a doozy thrown at me here and there but I can usually shrug it off in a few minutes and it doesn't make me cry. If I have a flood of bullshit assholes then yeah, it'll start to build. It very well may be (since she's Russian) its a studio OR the site is fucking with her money, she's onto it and getting frustrated (the ONLY thing that has made me cry on cam or log off to do so in the last year).

But, you said you asked and she shrugged it off so she obviously doesn't want you to know. Since she's your #5 you probably don't get as much from her as a long term consistent regular so she feels it was none of your business. ONLY my regulars that have been with me a very long time and have supported the fucking hell out of me get an honest answer to that question when it gets asked :)
I can completely understand that she would not want to tell all to a stranger, I was not asking for the sake of prying into her life and had no idea of how I could help, I was just concerned is all. Which is why I asked here where people know what life is like from the models perspective,.I realise I did not give much to go on but obviously I can not give any information which might identify her.

I think she has been camming for at least a year (she was already there before I joined) and she did not react to the insult immediately but that one comment was the only negative comment that hour as far as I can remember so she may have been crying for another reason entirely. I appreciate your advice that she probably has a thick enough skin to not let bitter assholes upset her. I just put the tears together with her previous 'don't have a choice' comments and probably jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

I did not intend this to be personal,, no offense is intended,. You are welcome to as much as you can earn and I wish you every success and am sorry for you recent drop in earnings but you earn more than I do so I can't be tipping *extra* to financially help someone in your situation. But thank you for explaining a models financial experiences.

I can't worry that someone may be doing this against their will without them being my favorite? Again I meant no offense, obviously I do like her but I only have so many tokens to go around and therefore need to prioritise. I know there are lots of models who are struggling financially and wish that they could all make a comfortable living but I can not finance everyone.

I did not mean to imply that I have a strictly ranked list but I think I am allowed to have preferences. It was more intended to be a representation of the proportion of my tips she that has received so far and not a measure of her value as a person. If you can think of a better way to express what you know I meant then I would be happy to hear it.

Again my primary concern was whether she was being coerced. I am sorry I did not make that more clear in my first post but since I was not sure, I was trying to be delicate.

I can completely understand that she would not want to tell all to a stranger, I was not asking for the sake of prying into her life and had no idea of how I could help, I was just concerned is all. Which is why I asked here where people know what life is like from the models perspective,.I realise I did not give much to go on but obviously I can not give any information which might identify her.

I think she has been camming for at least a year (she was already there before I joined) and she did not react to the insult immediately but that one comment was the only negative comment that hour as far as I can remember so she may have been crying for another reason entirely. I appreciate your advice that she probably has a thick enough skin to not let bitter assholes upset her. I just put the tears together with her previous 'don't have a choice' comments and probably jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

I think you are being the opposite of delicate and on the borderline of a white knight (and not the kind we appreciate). I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about her, and if she really wanted you to know what’s up, you’d know. You’re painting a picture of her being in a position that may or may not be true, and that itself could damage the model with the way you interact with her from this point on.

Also, I would choose the words you speak on this forum with more care. No one is asking you to financially “help” any of us. But the “you make more than I do” part? Don’t even start with that shit buddy.

My 2 cents.

I did not intend this to be personal,, no offense is intended,. You are welcome to as much as you can earn and I wish you every success and am sorry for you recent drop in earnings but you earn more than I do so I can't be tipping *extra* to financially help someone in your situation.

If you are tipping or have EVER tipped a model on the top of the front page on CB you are tipping a model that likely makes double that. Just sayin'. What's the placement on your "prioritized" models and on what site are they on? Some of them may likely be making more than you.

Tread lightly in here is good advice. We do like to see things from the members side, but you came somewhere where you are the minority and you are making assumptions with people who are more than happy to straighten you out. You see the surface, we see all of the hard work, destroyed relationships, bullshit we put up with and time/energy/money invested into this career choice. I say career choice because yes, it is a career and the initial idea to make the move into this career is a choice.

Once we are in this we are pretty much stuck unless we are lucky enough to find something else that will pay us what we make here (unlikely without a degree for higher ranking models), or if we can squeak through a background check and not be found out so that we can get a decent job. I was a high level executive assistant for a national investment brokerage before I started doing this. I chose this because I was able to double my annual salary doing it.

I don't need a "white knight" that is "concerned" for me, I need a white knight that enjoys my time and takes care of me appropriately within his means while not being an asshole or a pain in the ass. I don't want someone to put themselves in a bad position financially to pay me for my time. Concern doesn't keep me fed. I say thank you for each and every tip be it 1 token or 1000. Because I KNOW that some of my regs don't make as much as I do. I treat them with respect and appreciate what they do spend. The longtime ones, that I know don't make as much and are on a budget, I am careful with their time when they take me private because I appreciate them and their willingness to spend on me regardless of what their budget is. The long timers that keep me alive and with a roof over my head get to know me more in depth and it becomes a mutually satisfying relationship in a way.....

End rant LOL

I don't need a "white knight" that is "concerned" for me, I need a white knight that enjoys my time and takes care of me appropriately within his means while not being an asshole or a pain in the ass. I don't want someone to put themselves in a bad position financially to pay me for my time. Concern doesn't keep me fed. I say thank you for each and every tip be it 1 token or 1000. Because I KNOW that some of my regs don't make as much as I do. I treat them with respect and appreciate what they do spend. The longtime ones, that I know don't make as much and are on a budget, I am careful with their time when they take me private because I appreciate them and their willingness to spend on me regardless of what their budget is. The long timers that keep me alive and with a roof over my head get to know me more in depth and it becomes a mutually satisfying relationship in a way.....

I'd just like to say "Thank you" for this. It's always nice when appreciation, and respect for model or members, goes both ways. Makes for a much better interaction.

I don't need a "white knight" that is "concerned" for me, I need a white knight that enjoys my time and takes care of me appropriately within his means while not being an asshole or a pain in the ass. I don't want someone to put themselves in a bad position financially to pay me for my time. Concern doesn't keep me fed. I say thank you for each and every tip be it 1 token or 1000. Because I KNOW that some of my regs don't make as much as I do. I treat them with respect and appreciate what they do spend.

To tag onto this idea, it genuinely means more to me when someone isn't making a lot and budgets in a modest tip or a single video purchase, versus someone who's loaded throwing a huge tip at me. The big tip is great and makes my day monetarily, but when I know someone's on a budget and they still work out $10-20 to spend on me, that hits me in the feels and makes my day emotionally. It's a bigger sacrifice (maybe not the best word, can't think of a better one though), whereas with rich dudes it can feel like they're throwing around what's basically pocket change to them.

I think you are being the opposite of delicate and on the borderline of a white knight (and not the kind we appreciate). I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about her, and if she really wanted you to know what’s up, you’d know. You’re painting a picture of her being in a position that may or may not be true, and that itself could damage the model with the way you interact with her from this point on.

Also, I would choose the words you speak on this forum with more care. No one is asking you to financially “help” any of us. But the “you make more than I do” part? Don’t even start with that shit buddy.

My 2 cents.
Not being helpful at all. What is your suggestion? I should just ignore when a model is crying?

2 words: WEBCAM STUDIO

:'v

They put you reach a goal daily if you don't reach it they just kick you 💩

Contrary to what everyone thinks, if it is a way of exploitation, and if it is against their own will (coercion, in a work legislation this would be serious but since it is a camgirl, then it is not so serious).

Not being helpful at all. What is your suggestion? I should just ignore when a model is crying?

I find it hard to be helpful to someone that gives snarky replies to the people that you wanted advice from in the first place. Some of your comments, you can omit as it makes you sound like a jerk, even if you do not intend to do so. Your reply to my post certainly does not help your case either.

As for the model, clearly you are not reading because I said not to jump to conclusions. If she wants you to know, YOU WILL KNOW. Otherwise you are sticking your nose in business that she doesn’t feel comfortable with you snooping into. Just tip her, chat in her room, and let her know you’re there as per usual. Otherwise, it could be the usual studio model trick and you may very well be falling into the palm of her hand.

That’s on you, buddy.

If you are tipping or have EVER tipped a model on the top of the front page on CB you are tipping a model that likely makes double that. Just sayin'. What's the placement on your "prioritized" models and on what site are they on? Some of them may likely be making more than you.

Tread lightly in here is good advice. We do like to see things from the members side, but you came somewhere where you are the minority and you are making assumptions with people who are more than happy to straighten you out. You see the surface, we see all of the hard work, destroyed relationships, bullshit we put up with and time/energy/money invested into this career choice. I say career choice because yes, it is a career and the initial idea to make the move into this career is a choice.

Once we are in this we are pretty much stuck unless we are lucky enough to find something else that will pay us what we make here (unlikely without a degree for higher ranking models), or if we can squeak through a background check and not be found out so that we can get a decent job. I was a high level executive assistant for a national investment brokerage before I started doing this. I chose this because I was able to double my annual salary doing it.

End rant LOL
You seem to be deliberately trying to start a fight. I did not ask you to provide details of your financial situation, you volunteered it. Even where you quoted me I said that you are welcome to as much as you can earn. I do not have a problem with you earning more than I do.

I deliberately came to "a place where I am in the minority" because I thought people here would be in a better position than I to understand whether she might be in a horrible situation or not. You did not "set me straight" because you explained nothing, you have just demonstrated hostility for no reason.

I never said anyone was *asking* for help, I thought I could perhaps *offer* some help to a particular person who may be in a tough situation. But you have now discouraged that, well done.

End Rejoinder LOL

I find it hard to be helpful to someone that gives snarky replies to the people that you wanted advice from in the first place. Some of your comments, you can omit as it makes you sound like a jerk, even if you do not intend to do so. Your reply to my post certainly does not help your case either.

As for the model, clearly you are not reading because I said not to jump to conclusions. If she wants you to know, YOU WILL KNOW. Otherwise you are sticking your nose in business that she doesn’t feel comfortable with you snooping into. Just tip her, chat in her room, and let her know you’re there as per usual. Otherwise, it could be the usual studio model trick and you may very well be falling into the palm of her hand.

That’s on you, buddy.
For an example of snark I refer you to your own comment. Buddy

Users tend to come here asking for advice about behavior shown by a studio model. As far as I know there are no models here working for a studio (maybe Boleyn but that's another approach). So it a) is a bit tiring to hear and can get on our nerves and b) there's a mismatch between who you see and talk to and who will answer you here (independent models).

I know a lot of users looove studio models but for a more hassle free camsite experience pick independent models. There just IS a third party involved and neither you nor we can know what part the studio plays.

This is unfair to all the good studios out there, there are some but the pattern is just very, very obvious.

I used to work for a studio and Clara is correct, if she wants you to know about trouble, she will find a way. Ultimately if her way of employment is the problem, she has to realize this herself and leave the studio. It's not impossible.

What is up with men and this urge to save women when they are crying? My husband has this issue too.

I know when I'm crying I don't want someone's goal to make stop. I want to feel supported. If you care, and her crying isn't a hustle, maybe just listen to her vent. Show empathy. That's a great way to support a crying woman.

If that crying woman doesn't want to share with you why, okay. Especially in the case. You are a stranger on the internet. You can still show empathy.

But I want to say coming onto forums to discuss a woman's emotional moment on cam isn't really screaming support me. I'd be devastated if my reg was talking about me behind my back to my peers. I'd be horrified that he has spent a week talking about me to strangers who don't know me.

Last edited:
What is up with men and this urge to save women when they are crying? My husband has this issue too.

I know when I'm crying I don't want someone's goal to make stop. I want to feel supported. If you care, and her crying isn't a hustle, maybe just listen to her vent. Show empathy. That's a great way to support a crying woman.

If that crying woman doesn't want to share with you why, okay. Especially in the case. You are a stranger on the internet. You can still show empathy.

But I want to say coming onto forums to discuss a woman's emotional moment on cam isn't really screaming support me. I'd be devastated if my reg was talking about me behind my back to my peers. I'd be horrified that he has spent a week talking about me to strangers who don't know me.

Seriously, sometimes a bitch just needs to cry (it's me, I'm the bitch). When a friend is crying, all I do is ask if they want a hug and to cry on my shoulder. G'head, snot and tear all over me, cry off your makeup on my shirt, idgaf, sometimes you need to get it the fuck out.

To tag onto this idea, it genuinely means more to me when someone isn't making a lot and budgets in a modest tip or a single video purchase, versus someone who's loaded throwing a huge tip at me. The big tip is great and makes my day monetarily, but when I know someone's on a budget and they still work out $10-20 to spend on me, that hits me in the feels and makes my day emotionally. It's a bigger sacrifice (maybe not the best word, can't think of a better one though), whereas with rich dudes it can feel like they're throwing around what's basically pocket change to them.

THIS. RIGHT. HERE. I have an AMAZING regular that saves up for weeks to do a long private with me that he schedules with me on a slow day, is VERY creative with - his roleplay ideas are fun as hell - and I enjoy thoroughly. I have had many regulars that will fall on hard times, not come see me for awhile, tell me what's up on Twitter or Snap and leave me alone for awhile only to show up again and it's like old times :) I never worry when they leave because I know I will see them again! I have one guy that saves $20 a week to tip me and is a total sweetheart - THESE guys are JUST AS IMPORTANT and honestly I appreciate them for saving up exclusively for me, it hits me in the feels (had to borrow that and could NOT have worded it any better!) LOL. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the huge tips and appreciate the hell out of them, but I appreciate these guys as well if not more. There is an effort being made, ya know :) Some of these guys have been with me since week 1 over 4 years ago :) Most of the whales usually cum and go :cat:

Status
Not open for further replies.