AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should i raise my rates?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilithvalentine

Cam Model
Jul 17, 2017
Twitter Username
@ghostgirl1_3
Chaturbate Username
ghostgirl1_3
Should I raise my prices?

I'm on CB and currently my price to a full countdown with orgasm and lots of bouncing on a dildo in between is 600ish tokens, which I hit twice usually on a good day. This is not exactly a lot of money i know and its tiring.

Mainly my big days where I actually rake in a couple hundred bucks are days where a regular takes a fancy to me and drops thousands of tokens.

But I don't think relying on the whim of a few generous people is enough to keep doing this.

Do I raise my token rates? Will this scare off regulars or seem money hungry? And what's a reasonable amount to actually aim for? I was thinking if I really wanted to just an a minimum support my lifestyle I'd probably have to hit 3000 min 5 days a week.

What do you guys think?

If you hit it twice on a good day, raise it to at least 1,000 tokens to start with imo.

Nobody knows what your personal "earnings ceiling" will be. Don't hold yourself back by fear or anxiety.. this job is all about adapting, so don't be afraid to experiment. If 1k tokens doesn't work, scale it back to 800-900tks. If it works, raise it. I personally think 600 is way too low for a cumshow, but I used to also do low goals just to hit them several times on a place like CB.
Private based shows worked better for me. I think you only work on CB, right? It's good to try different sites if you ever find a lull in earnings.

Will this scare off regulars or seem money hungry?

I can really, really sympathise with this mindset but that's the anxious voice of me only holding myself back. I care about my supporters, and I hate feeling like I'm coming across like I'm money hungry, but this job is hard, and I should have more money to show for it. I have a future and loved ones to take care of.

When I raised my prices, I earned more. Much more. True fans should understand that there is no such thing as a 401k in this job - that nobody will be there to financially take care of you post-peak of your time in the industry. You have to put yourself and your future first. What's the worst that could happen if you just raised your prices? If regulars really were to go (I will bet you only the freeloaders will complain!), there will be new regulars in the future. Don't be afraid of your potential! Why settle for minimum earnings?

As a 50-something male I am good for one cum show most days, so I set my cum goal at 1200 or more. I have seen some guys with theirs much higher. Most days I don't make goal, but some days I do. Some days I get lucky. A couple days ago I made goal within 15 minutes of signing on. Sometimes you get lucky and the right person comes in and makes your day. You have figure out what your time and effort is worth.

If you hit your goal sometimes even twice a day, I think your rates should go higher. Maybe not by much, but slowly go up with 100-200 credits every week or two weeks if you keep getting the goal everyday. After you get to the point where you feel like it's good, stick to that rate and regulars will still come if you give them the show they want. As blayze_noir said, you have to figure out what your time is worth, and sometimes this goes up with time.

RAISE 👏 YOUR 👏 RATES 👏 BB 👏

if you want to earn more, this is the best way to go about it. i raise my rates and encourage others to do so once a year because we deserve a raise for doing the lord's work and of course inflation. you can choose to raise them gradually or change it to the rate you want now. i prefer the latter because i'm impatient

Will this scare off regulars or seem money hungry?

there will be members who may have problems with raised rates, as in out of their budget, cheap, or jealous but pay them no mind since they are then no longer your target audience. you aren't going to make everyone happy. don't be afraid to come across as "money-hungry" because this is your job first and foremost, you are only camming to earn a living i'm assuming. not because you are "horny and home alone." if members have issues with this, that is their problem, not yours. they shouldn't be going on a paysite to engage in transactional relationships, to begin with.

when i raise my rates, either my regs dont notice or they are happy to pay my new rates because camming is a luxury and like i mention, we do the lord's work.

don't be afraid to come across as "money-hungry" because this is your job first and foremost, you are only camming to earn a living i'm assuming. not because you are "horny and home alone." if members have issues with this, that is their problem, not yours. they shouldn't be going on a paysite to engage in transactional relationships, to begin with.
the fear of coming across as too greedy when I want a secure future is just too much most days. who knows how much longer I have in this industry to "make it"? this post is a perfect wakeup call. I'm writing this down and putting it where I can see it. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.