AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I visit a cam girl from Romania ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2012
Would really appreciate if someone would give some advice on this:

I've been friends with a cam girl from Romania for a long time.
It has now come to a point where she wants me to visit her in Romania.
I am not particulary crazy about it and wanted her to visit me.
She refused because she is scared. Ok. I beleive her that its not easy to go somewhere alone,
especially if you are a girl. I like her a lot and we really clicked for all this 2 years we know each other
but she works in a studio and I don't know the background of that.
To be completely honest I am a little affraid to go and visit her because I don't know if there is a possibility
that she, or even more possible the boss of the studio, would like to scam me, or robb me, or something like that.
I know its unfair to estimate such things but I am really careful about things.
When I asked her this ofcourse she declined and laughed and told me I'm crazy.
But when I told her to send me a pic of her ID and some other things that proove that she has enough money,
which she claims to have, she refuses. Even worse, she just ignores my wishes.
Why I want her to confirm me her financial status? Because then I would really have no doubt that she wants to meet me
as a person and that she (or her studio boss) don't have any weird plans for me.
I may panic to much but I know that most of this studios are illegal and that they are owned by mafia so that is why I am extra precocious.
Can anybody give some tips on what to do cause I'm really confused about it.

Thx!

I wonder why only Romanian models seem to have these kind of threads made about them.

Reactions: curiousone
Shaun__ said:
I wonder why only Romanian models seem to have these kind of threads made about them.
:lol: A model from Mauritius made the same offer to me, but I saw no reason to start a thread on it. lol

It sounds to me as though you've already answered your own question...in your post. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the fact that you've built a relationship with this lady. And I respect the fact that you want to protect yourself from possible physical, mental, and financial injuries.

Speaking for myself...those specific concerns that you posted, would make me want to forget about the whole idea. And I'd just keep the relationship, as is, via the internet.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

Whatever you decide, I wish you luck!

Another one!

Can somebody with more creativity than I please turn these "Does the Romanian cam model really like me?" threads into a fun drinking game? They crop up with enough regularity that I reckon this board can maintain a nice collective buzz by taking part in a drinking game based on them :-D

Obviously, you don't trust her, even after knowing her for two years. Listen to your instinct, don't go, and keep your online friendship with her.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Trust issues? Answers the question for you... would you spend hundreds or thousands to fly somewhere to see someone who you don't actually trust?

Well, maybe if you were one of those ransom paying people working for international shipping corporations which are trying to get their boat released from the pirates! :D But otherwise, if you don't trust her... then...

I've divided your posts in to a list of pros and cons.

Cons are in red. Pros are in green.

curiousone said:

She refused because she is scared. Ok. I beleive her that its not easy to go somewhere alone,
especially if you are a girl. I like her a lot and we really clicked for all this 2 years we know each other
To be completely honest I am a little affraid to go and visit her because I don't know if there is a possibility
that she, or even more possible the boss of the studio, would like to scam me, or robb me, or something like that.
But when I told her to send me a pic of her ID and some other things that proove that she has enough money,

Why I want her to confirm me her financial status? Because then I would really have no doubt that she wants to meet me
as a person and that she (or her studio boss) don't have any weird plans for me.
I may panic to much but I know that most of this studios are illegal and that they are owned by mafia so that is why I am extra precocious.

Thx!

It sounds like you do not want to visit this woman at all, you are extremely uncomfortable with doing so, and you feel you are being lied to, ignored, and pressured.

It does indeed sound like you know what you want, but you're just afraid to say "no".

curiousone said:

threads like yours always surprise me because it's so difficult for me to grasp the idea of "knowing" someone for two years and still being skeptical about the situation.

for me, the most obvious thing that caught my eye was "not knowing to much about the studio situation".....i guess it's just my nature, but when i click with somebody i ask what seems like thousands of questions....because i wanna know everything....and it's obvious when i'm pushing up against a wall, because the conversation gets awkward.

all of which is kind of irrelevant.....from what you've said, my take is that whatever "clicking" has been going on is within the context of model and member, and the resulting doubts you're now feeling is because you can't discern where the camming illusion ends and reality begins

don't go until you can draw that line.

curiousone said:

Thx!

Um yeah, whether or not I wanted to meet someone I would never send my real name and financial details to them! It sounds like atm she has more to suspect from you. You tell her to come and meet you, to put herself out on the line, and when she doesn't want to you demand her information. I'm not saying you're trying to do anything with it, but if I were her I would be as suspicious as you are.

In fact all you seem to have against her is some warped idea that because she's a Romanian cam model from a studio that clearly means she's going to get her gangster mafia friends to rob you! Um... get over yourself. Do you really think they would be interested in one random guy? Unless you are in fact filthy rich and have family willing to pay a ransom, or for some reason have angered the mafia then I think you're ok. Also, why on earth would a cam model go to all that effort? Surely if you have the money you are already tipping her, and she'd lose out on the money you'd pay on the flights/hotels etc to travel and see her.

God, these bloody Romanians, none of them are like, human beings or anything with their own thoughts, they're all in fact controlled by their pimps!

Mate, if you feel like you're being lured in by the sweet thought of an attractive girl, then you're probably wanting to go for the wrong reasons. You say you've known this girl for 2 years, if you don't trust her then there's something wrong and you probably want to visit her for sex etc and not because you think she's such an amazing trustworthy girl that you'd love to meet her/form a friendship/relationship with her.

If you feel that nervous plan a holiday over there, or go to hungary instead with a friend and meet her at some point while you're there. Then people will know where you are and what you're doing etc. But jesus, did you really expect her to send you over her personal details and how much money she has when you think she's been talking to you for 2 years just so the mafia can get you?! If they want to rob a rich tourist, there are plenty of others around.

Isabella_deL said:
God, these bloody Romanians, none of them are like, human beings or anything with their own thoughts, they're all in fact controlled by their pimps!

:naughty:

:bs:

:lol:

I wouldn't go to Romania to meet a woman, ever. I've been to eastern Europe.... and actually getting involved intimately with a Romanian woman off the internet, let alone one in the sex trade is pretty unthinkable in my head.

Shop local, it's cheaper and safer.

Isabella_deL said:

This is sarcasm, right? Except for THAT statement, I agreed with your post. :)

If it ever gets to the point where I'm suddenly agreeing to meeting MFC members and showing them my damn photo ID, then you know I've lost it.....

I've been saving up a bit to visit Romania myself. Not specifically to meet friends from MFC, but if it did end up happening, that would make the trip much better. You really need to have a bit of self-confidence, though, before you do something that dramatic as visiting another country for a cam model, especially since not all women who cam are truthful about everything they tell you.

All that being said, you answered your own question in the original post. You are afraid to go because you think she, or her bosses, are only after your money. Don't go. Just by saying this shows your total lack of trust for the model/friend in question and also shows the lack of confidence you have to protect yourself if this did end up happening. Either go with a real life friend (I've been told by many Romanian models that there's cheap whore houses you can send him to! :D), build up some more trust/self confidence, or don't go at all and leave her as a strictly online friend.

I've also spoken to other Romanian model friends, who I tell I'm thinking of visiting the area (not to see them), and many of them have given me advice on how to avoid bad things from happening while in Romania. Most of them tell me that kidnapping is exceedingly rare, they only want your money and have no use for you (gypsies/bad people and what have you), similar to that of most countries with criminals. If you do end up going, just be aware of your money at all times. Don't let it show unless you're paying for something. Be hyper-vigilant as to who's around you and their body language, it never hurts regardless of where you are. Don't walk around like a target, and you wont be a target. People usually tend to avoid trying to mess with others when they appear to be able to defend themselves if the situation arises.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. Maybe I'll see you there if you plan on going next summer ^_^ I'll protect you, brother!!!! Lmfao.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Isabella_deL said:

If it ever gets to the point where I'm suddenly agreeing to meeting MFC members and showing them my damn photo ID, then you know I've lost it.....
Yeah I think that's pretty clear sarcasm lol.

Here's a question for the OP - why would you trust our judgement and advice more than your own or someone you say you've known for two years?

I've heard of guys being scammed when visiting models (though I've heard more tales of having a good time and/or not being scammed), I've yet to hear of ANYONE being beaten up, robbed, kidnapped, murdered, whatever. I disagree with most of the studios being illegal too, as I understand it the government is taxing them.

If she wasn't Romanian, if she lived in a country you thought was more 'reputable', would you have the same concerns? If not, then you're simply prejudiced.

Jupiter551 said:
The_Brown_Fox wrote:
Isabella_deL wrote:

This is sarcasm, right? Except for THAT statement, I agreed with your post.

Um.... ya lol

But the doubt did make me laugh!
My best friend through school was hungarian, and man the things she'd say about them romanians. Apparently one of the gypsies tried mugging her in an alley, he was only a few years older than her, she held out her phone (which was a shitty old nokia, no camera or anything) and he goes "um.... yeah, no thanks...." She apparently then proceeded to have a go at him for insulting her phone and not saying it was good enough (she was a rather mouthy punk girl). Apparently they ended up having a good chat and he asked for her number afterwards, I believe she refused him, but at least she kept her number! Lol to be honest, she always seems pretty prejudiced against everyone, especially the slovaks... there's a lot of strange "national hate" going on between the countries.

But yeah, some of the reputation is bad, and sure she could try scamming you, but if she's been on cam for two years I doubt she's involved in something that dodgy. And scamming would probably go as far as she'd try extracting as much money out of you as possible whilst you think she's amazing and have some sexy time.... hmmmm where does that sound familiar? Oh yeah! real life myfreecams! I don't really see how that'd be that bad.

Isabella_deL said:
Jupiter551 said:

Um.... ya lol

But sometimes it's hard to tell over the internet when a person is being dead serious or sarcastic, which is why I (and Bob?) wasn't completely sure. This is why I will often put "Sike!" or "Just kidding" at the end of my posts.

Isabella_deL said:
curiousone said:

Thx!

1.Um... get over yourself. Do you really think they would be interested in one random guy? Unless you are in fact filthy rich and have family willing to pay a ransom...
The answer to that is unfortuntaley yes. Thats why i panic a bit.

2.You say you've known this girl for 2 years, if you don't trust her then there's something wrong and you probably want to visit her for sex etc and not because you think she's such an amazing trustworthy girl that you'd love to meet her/form a friendship/relationship with her.

3.If you feel that nervous plan a holiday over there, or go to hungary instead with a friend and meet her at some point while you're there. Then people will know where you are and what you're doing etc. But jesus, did you really expect her to send you over her personal details and how much money she has when you think she's been talking to you for 2 years just so the mafia can get you?! If they want to rob a rich tourist, there are plenty of others around.

Jupiter551 said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Isabella_deL said:

Here's a question for the OP - why would you trust our judgement and advice more than your own or someone you say you've known for two years?

I've heard of guys being scammed when visiting models (though I've heard more tales of having a good time and/or not being scammed), I've yet to hear of ANYONE being beaten up, robbed, kidnapped, murdered, whatever. I disagree with most of the studios being illegal too, as I understand it the government is taxing them.

If she wasn't Romanian, if she lived in a country you thought was more 'reputable', would you have the same concerns? If not, then you're simply prejudiced.

I agree you've only been a member of this forum for a few days. Why trust the members of this forum for advice more than your model friend or real life friends?

Isabella_deL said:
curiousone said:

Thx!

1.Um... get over yourself. Do you really think they would be interested in one random guy? Unless you are in fact filthy rich and have family willing to pay a ransom...
The answer to that is unfortuntaley yes. Thats why i panic a bit.

2.You say you've known this girl for 2 years, if you don't trust her then there's something wrong and you probably want to visit her for sex etc and not because you think she's such an amazing trustworthy girl that you'd love to meet her/form a friendship/relationship with her.
I dont wanna meet her for sex...I just wanna see her in real...if you are so much with one person in a virtual world I guess eventually everyone want to meet.

3.If you feel that nervous plan a holiday over there, or go to hungary instead with a friend and meet her at some point while you're there. Then people will know where you are and what you're doing etc. But jesus, did you really expect her to send you over her personal details and how much money she has when you think she's been talking to you for 2 years just so the mafia can get you?! If they want to rob a rich tourist, there are plenty of others around.
I already have my own family and cant tell anybody else that I have a very good friend of mine working as a cam model on a "porn" site. In short, she is a scammer as a webcam model...a really good one...the problem is that I dont tip her very little...but she doesn't care about that...we never had "virtual sex" over internet...we just talk and have lots of fun over this 2 years...however because she is a scammer as a webcam model and because of where she works and how some studios are ran i am a little bit consirned...the problem is we both like each other a lot...or at least i do...and if everything is true i guess she like me also...but there is an IF here which in my eyes is not so irrational...i want her info only to be positive she wants to meet me and not my walllet or god forbid something else...there is no other way i can find this out...and I know its a stupid demand that i have...i asked her some other things also to get the same answers but she simply ignored it...forget to mentioned...borrowed her some money, which she didnt return yet also...
i truly donno if i panic too much or my fellings towards her are so strong that i don't see she is an obvious scammer...as you said if she is a scammer why wait 2 years? but if its a well thought out idea it could be as close as you can get to a perfect scam...she knows i wont tell anybody cause i cant...she knows what i do...maybe its not her idea...maybe her boss puts her to do it...i could just leave things as they are...but this is not the first time we wanted to visit and after some time we try to do it again...its been like that for all this time.

I didn't read all of the replies but do you really expect her to show you her financial details?? would you show her? come on now, that's a little unrealistic

if you want to meet her, what the hell, go for it, get a nice vacation out of it, just don't make the whole trip about seeing her. seeing her should be the gravy of your holiday. plan some tours, go see castle dracula yada yada yada bucharest is a big historic city, i'm sure there are loads of things do to there.

there are precautions you can take to minimize your risk
don't tell her the flight you're coming in on, don't tell her your hotel, meet in public spaces, bring a friend with you etc etc

As I said replying to your pm, if you have a family then if you want risk your family and possibly other things to travel to a completely different country to see a women off the internet who you describe as a scammer, then I think you are missing some form of excitement in your life and would do better to look in your real life rather than clinging onto the small possibility that this might be for real.

If she is for real then chances are you will end up having a complicated relationship/friendship to deal with.

Otherwise, well, if she knows you're not available, then what does she want from you? Women tend not to tell married men they meet on places life mfcs to "lend" them money that they won't pay back and then tell them to travel a long way to see them "just because".

Mfcs is a fantasy not real life, and if you're married you should keep those boundaries even more so. I don't know what your life is like, but please, to those who want to do stupid things like this, or cheat etc, it's because you are searching for something you are currently not receiving in your normal life. Rather than looking to the outside for quick solutions/escapes you should look to the inside and find out what the real problem is. Most of the time the problem can be resolved, if it cannot be then there are more sensible steps to take rather than run across the world to meet a potential scammer you don't even want to have sex with.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Isabella_deL said:
Jupiter551 said:

Um.... ya lol

But sometimes it's hard to tell over the internet when a person is being dead serious or sarcastic, which is why I (and Bob?) wasn't completely sure. This is why I will often put "Sike!" or "Just kidding" at the end of my posts.

yep.... :-D
hehehe....i take these threads at face value.....seen to many of them to do otherwise....it's not about romanian, or russian (americans are pretty clear...and most brits :lol: )
it's about the poster.

probably best -for me anyway- if it stays there
:whistle:

Reactions: SoTxBob
I think if you have a family, this is bad idea, and almost certainly unfair to them.

I found this thread about how not to fall in love with a cam girl to be very helpful. http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9761 Isabella has some particularly good posts in the thread. I have re read it when I found myself starting to develop emotional attachments to a model.

Part of the appeal of cam girls, is you know they behave in an idealize way much different than real woman in your life act. They are happy and upbeat, appreciative when you tip them, say LOL a lot, and don't yell at you to take out the garbage or put the toilet seat up. Oh and most of them look a hell of a lot better than are wives or girlfriends.

If you were single, I'd say listen to your friends and follow your gut. But as a married guy I'd have to wonder if some your concerns about being scammed is you are attempting to rationalize why you shouldn't go. I think you are sacred for a good reason, traveling to Romania isn't something that you can hide from the family very easily. It is more likely than not going to have a big change in your life.

My advice is worth about as much as you paid for it. Good luck.

I have only been scanning your posts because I find them difficult to read.

And now I find out that you have a family. As in, wife and kids? Or as in, parents and siblings?

If it's wife and kids, what the fuck are you thinking? Don't go!

If it's parents and siblings... you think she's a scammer. Is this because she's a camgirl, or because you've actually seen her not give members what she promised for shows? If the former, take that back! If the latter, then I understand. Either way, you have no business meeting her if you can't trust her not to steal all your money.

Isabella_deL said:
My best friend through school was hungarian, and man the things she'd say about them romanians.
I've heard Romanians say really nasty things about Hungarians, and Moldovans say angry things about Romanians, and most of all Romanians about hating Gypsies lol. As time goes on they'll be raised with less stereotypes of each other I guess. Hopefully we'll also have less stereotypes of them.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
curiousone said:
I already have my own family and cant tell anybody else that I have a very good friend of mine working as a cam model on a "porn" site. In short, she is a scammer as a webcam model...a really good one...the problem is that I dont tip her very little...but she doesn't care about that...we never had "virtual sex" over internet...we just talk and have lots of fun over this 2 years...however because she is a scammer as a webcam model and because of where she works and how some studios are ran i am a little bit consirned...
Wait, so you KNOW she's a scammer, but you've thought you were immune because you didn't have "virtual sex"?

Can we get a Romanian in here so they can tell us how they make all these guys think they're in love with them (not that's that a great thing, but I can respect the skill :-D )? I mean srsly, these dang Romanians have some mad skillz lol. It probably doesn't hurt that most of them look like Victoria's Secret models, either!

Anyway, @ OP- no. Just no. When in doubt, don't go to Romania to meet a cam girl. You seem to have a lot of doubt ... so don't go to Romania to meet a cam girl. That's always been my motto anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.