AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Shower show logistics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2017
Southern USA
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@crispymintleaf
I am so confused and need some clarification; I tried using the search bar but couldn't find the answers I need and cannot access the verified model area yet. I'm a very visual learner and really overthink so please excuse the most likely really stupid questions.

So for shower/bath shows, what about internet connection? Are y'all using a seriously long Ethernet cable or just WiFi and lower quality? I'm guessing that Ethernet would be the best thing to use, right?

Also, for the transition period between public show and shower show, what do you do? I'm pretty sure it would take me at least 5-10 minutes to move my lights, camera, computer, etc and that would be pretty disorienting video wise I would think. I am about to start using OBS so I guess put up a black screen that says "Shower show soon!" or something like that?

Thanks.

For internet connection, I would just use wifi. I would assume the wifi connection would reach the bathroom unless it was very weak. To transition, you could just tell everyone that you'll be back in 10. But when I think of a shower show, I think of it as the final part of your broadcast after you get dirty from doing other stuff. What I'm saying is, I would just save the shower show for last and then log off for the night once it's over.

Most wifi is strong enough to reach other rooms unless you're using a little usb dongle transmitter.

And I would move my computer last, just let them know you're setting up the shower and then set your status to "away" if you don't want them to see anything.

I'd use cord internet (I have a really long one, 15 meters+ or something) and set up light in bathroom in advance (check how it looks on cam etc) as well as in room and use lap top. So when your countdown till showerd done - you just grab the laptop and cam and walk to the bathroom and do show.

1. Be safe ... electricity is deadly
  2. Lighting/ laptop position (desktops won't work lol) ... check them first/ dry run. Position you will have some control over (bring in some kind of chair/ stool to get the right perspective), but less control over lighting. How will you keep it all dry from splashes and how will you interact with your members? You will find that position will have to be pretty much fixed and that lighting requirements won't matter too much beyond being seen properly. Keeping things dry will be a challenge, you will want to touch your computer more than you think during the show so keep an extra towel handy for your equipment
  3. Internet and Power Connection
  4. Water proof toys and games (also think of your pathway in and out of the room; will you dry off and will you return to room based show? I'd leave the option to continue camming after, getting messy again may be something your members are up for
  5. Watch your privacy in transation from cam room to bathroom if you stay online
  6. If you go offline, make it quick and don't forget to inform people that you are returning for the show or from the show. If you do a live transition chat, keep the cam relatively steady, and make sure you do some minimal preparation for doing that.
  7. Shower shows are between personal and intimate spacing to feel genuine, if you struggle with that then they may not be for you; think of a significant others POV
  8. A common path for many models is to use a shower show as an extra reward, an extension of her personal goal
I don't know about other members but part of the pleasure in a shower show is being carried around and the chat during the transition/ preparation, one thing camming usually misses is an animated POV. A good shower show is definitely a crowd-pleaser

For me, I have 300mbps internet and use wifi exclusively - I never have a problem with quality.
If I plan to do any shower stuff, I do the whole show from the bathroom. It ramps up anticipation anyway and brings more customers. It's comfortable enough to rig up something to sit on on the floor, or to sit on the edge of the tub, or on pillows in the tub. While dry, you can get some cool shots downward by rigging cam to shower curtain/shower door rail. And, the acoustics are awesome! :)

You can also rig the cam to a selfie stick or something if you feel confident you won't get it wet or steamy while showering/bathing.

I put the laptop on the sink so it is far away and above the floor so can't get splashed, and leave the door open so steam won't accumulate and harm the laptop or steam up the cam - which is a bit cold then. (But I'm someone who prefers scalding hot water, even on a very hot day.) Thinking about doing a bath but haven't tried it yet. But I think it would be cool. Also, shows with washable markers, or washable paints, or lotions, or whipped cream. I would do oil, but that would fuck up my tub and drains... haven't found a non-messy solution there. I like to keep things really clean! Maybe someday I'll put Jell-o in the tub, haha!
I have decent lighting already in my bathroom so I don't worry about it. It's easy to place a floor lamp in the hallway just outside the door and point it inward to get an extra shiny effect from all the water streaming down.

I have a towel on the towel rack, but I don't touch the laptop almost at all once I get wet - I just talk. The show beforehand is non-nude, and then the shower part only comes at the end as a private show with tickets, once I've reached enough. If I felt like camming after, then I could easily dry off my hands and go back to camming public wet, even with a swimsuit on or something over it... definitely attracts attention.

Definitely requires a practice run first. But then again, I do practice runs for every single kind of show I do. I'm big into preparation, to provide a great show. Record for yourself so you can see if you're happy with what it looks like, if there is any problem with the sound or you need to get an extended mic that won't get wet, etc...

This is not a show that is worth the risk if you're clumsy and think you might get distracted and slip in the tub, or fry your equipment. You need to be confident with your water game, lol!

My thanks to the several women who provided Chatubate public shower shows, whose names I regrettably don't recall, who showed me that all my initial worries about it were unfounded... especially the BBW woman, who was raking in mad cash and looking like she was having a lot of fun, just chatting away with her regulars like it was no big thing. Here I was all worried about angles and all that, looking perfect, and this chick was just sitting flat on a cheap tile shower stall in an unflattering pose, enjoying her day and her body the way she should, and getting plenty of admiration for her personality and confidence, and ability to be entertaining. And I thought, my worries about my little imperfections being magnified in this kind of setting are silly - I should be having fun! God knows I love a good shower, and to sing my lungs out when I get the chance, lol! I am a visual learner too, so seeing these ladies in action, even though I couldn't see their set-up behind the scenes, really helped.

Be unique. Don't worry about being some cookie cutter thing of perfection. That is boring, including as a cam girl. They're watching you because you're human, and the little imperfections are the things that are hot. And as someone who is attracted to women myself, when I am on the other side of the show I logically realize how true that is, even though when I'm broadcasting I tend to freak out about looking ideal. The lighting and all that are secondary - it's about the quality of the show. Have fun, and the people watching will have fun too!

I did a bath show last week, and while it wasn't successful at all same as my other shows, it was still more fun and relaxing for me since I love water. :3 I was worried my wet limp hair may be a turn off but I kept getting compliments on it! :0

I was worried my wet limp hair may be a turn off but I kept getting compliments on it! :0

Guys love the "wet look" - embrace it! :)
Sorry you're having such a tough time. Just have fun with it, and then you won't feel like you're wasting your time if you don't make much cash. Keep watching other models to see what works for them, so you have ideas. That's how I learned how shower shows can work, after all! :)

Guys love the "wet look" - embrace it! :)
Sorry you're having such a tough time. Just have fun with it, and then you won't feel like you're wasting your time if you don't make much cash. Keep watching other models to see what works for them, so you have ideas. That's how I learned how shower shows can work, after all! :)
Yeah I've been watching and doing things in my shows other models do from the start. I spent about two weeks purely watching other models before I signed up, but it just isn't working... I do try and have fun and put my own personality and creativity, but its rough if no one will talk to me at all most nights so I'm just sitting alone staring at my webcam trying to talk to myself and flash an empty room for screencaps and attention. This is my only source of income since my panic disorder has prevented me from being able to hold a retail or fast food job long, and while my partner can handle most things if we want to keep phones and food in the house I have to step up quick as our tax refunds have run out. That was my month or two leniency money wise while I build a fanbase, yet I have about what I did day one plus three people two of which can't tip. I don't like to sound like I whine a lot on here, I'm just really concerned... and wondering if maybe I'm not cut out for it, but I know that's not true and this is the only thing I can think of wanting to do... I want a job I want to show up at, and this is the only option... so I have to make it work.

Thank you everyone for your help! I definitely understand it better now.

Yeah I've been watching and doing things in my shows other models do from the start. I spent about two weeks purely watching other models before I signed up, but it just isn't working... I do try and have fun and put my own personality and creativity, but its rough if no one will talk to me at all most nights so I'm just sitting alone staring at my webcam trying to talk to myself and flash an empty room for screencaps and attention. This is my only source of income since my panic disorder has prevented me from being able to hold a retail or fast food job long, and while my partner can handle most things if we want to keep phones and food in the house I have to step up quick as our tax refunds have run out. That was my month or two leniency money wise while I build a fanbase, yet I have about what I did day one plus three people two of which can't tip. I don't like to sound like I whine a lot on here, I'm just really concerned... and wondering if maybe I'm not cut out for it, but I know that's not true and this is the only thing I can think of wanting to do... I want a job I want to show up at, and this is the only option... so I have to make it work.

THIS. I understand completely. I have bipolar disorder and a personality disorder coupled with some internal physical mess. Camming has been difficult for me as well. Just for perspective, I threw a birthday party TODAY and made a whole 12 tokens... for 7 hours. I had prize and confetti filled balloons, music, half priced spanks and spank specials, lingerie, a ticket show, the whole nine. I even posted quite a few posts on Twitter during the event, not even counting the serious amount of promo before. I'm really bummed right now because of it. I'm trying to make the best of it and stay positive, but it is difficult to so sometimes. I won't quit camming though. I do love it when people are actually in my room.

Thank you everyone for your help! I definitely understand it better now.

THIS. I understand completely. I have bipolar disorder and a personality disorder coupled with some internal physical mess. Camming has been difficult for me as well. Just for perspective, I threw a birthday party TODAY and made a whole 12 tokens... for 7 hours. I had prize and confetti filled balloons, music, half priced spanks and spank specials, lingerie, a ticket show, the whole nine. I even posted quite a few posts on Twitter during the event, not even counting the serious amount of promo before. I'm really bummed right now because of it. I'm trying to make the best of it and stay positive, but it is difficult to so sometimes. I won't quit camming though. I do love it when people are actually in my room.
Wish I could rate this hugs and agree at the same time... I'm sorry your birthday show was so slow for you, thats sucky, but yeah that sounds about like me earnings wise and such as well... HUUUUGS! :h: Feel free to chat with me anytime, usually better at picking others up than myself haha. But also... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!Birthday-Cakes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.