AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skin Smoothing

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2012
NY

It seems like skin smoothing is making it's way into cameras, video editing, video chat software. So I was wondering if models have used, are considering using it. And what their take is on 'all this.'

Seems like there is or was an app called telabeauty for skype. Zoom has a built-in smooth skin effect.

Reactions: MojitosJourney
Not exactly a skin smoothing app, but I use OBS software through CB! You probably have seen the setting under "Start Broadcasting". OBS smooths the frame rate of my video to avoid jumpiness if my internet slows and there are many video exposure adjustments. My iMac camera tends to be way too dark to I make it a lot brighter; it gives me younger and softer skin IMO. You can also change the colour temperature, I like to get rid of the green tones and make the yellow tones more orange.

• Helpful!
Reactions: lunajane
wow. I had no idea.

I would never use such a thing.

I am so taken a back.

:rofl:

in all seriousness this has been something that has been able to be used in video editing software for clips and such for a long time so it's not just making it's way in. It' been around.

I can't tell the difference with the pic. They look the same. Sorry.

Skin smoothing has been a feature in professional broadcast cameras for a long time and you can see their effects on talk shows when the skin on a person's face looks oddly featureless, somewhat like it's overexposed. They select the person's skin tone and everything that matches that color is turned smooth.

It's one of those things that once you recognize it, you won't be able to stop seeing it.

Skin smoothing has been a feature in professional broadcast cameras for a long time and you can see their effects on talk shows when the skin on a person's face looks oddly featureless, somewhat like it's overexposed. They select the person's skin tone and everything that matches that color is turned smooth.

It's one of those things that once you recognize it, you won't be able to stop seeing it.

Like any thing, if it's done bad. It kind of stands out.

I use it and I love that I don't have to wear foundation anymore--saves me a shit ton of time on doing makeup so really, I see it as more of a practical feature that has a nice benefit. I use it on the lowest setting so that I still have some pores, moles and eyebrows, LOL. When you put it up on the highest, it takes away most of your eyebrows, freckles, pores, moles and any other facial markings except eyes, nostrils and lips.

I thought this would be a discussion about skin creme. :wacky:

I thought I was going to be recommending exfoliants. SHOWS WHAT I KNOW.

Reactions: KitanaKim
Status
Not open for further replies.